Escape sighting? - Page 71 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 03-11-2021, 12:21 PM   #1401

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Onalaska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronn View Post
We lived there (Onalaska WI) for about 25 years. Beautiful area where rivers flow, bluffs rise and beer is always cold. Onalaska neighbors La Crosse WI, where the Heileman Brewery produced many beers including Old Style Lager and Special Export (green bottles).
The High School in Onalaska puts on a show choir competition each spring. I’ve been there a couple times applauding for the Cedar Rapids Thomas Jefferson choirs “West Side Delegation”and “Ovation”. My Daughter Teresa was very involved for her four years as a J Hawk. Now a mother of two and living an adult life, I have to talk pretty fast to get her to do a tap dancing routine but sometimes I’m lucky. Dancing on a spinning upright piano on casters ain’t easy. I really enjoyed the show choir years, it’s about the same vibe as trailer rallies with a little more competition and a lot more drama. A little know factoid about:
Iowa Dave
I would link the you tube videos from 2001, 2002 and 2003 but I’m just not that ornery anymore in my old age. (Front row
Center on most songs where else?)

Old 03-11-2021, 01:09 PM   #1402

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
The High School in Onalaska puts on a show choir competition each spring. I’ve been there a couple times applauding for the Cedar Rapids Thomas Jefferson choirs “West Side Delegation”and “Ovation”. My Daughter Teresa was very involved for her four years as a J Hawk. Now a mother of two and living an adult life, I have to talk pretty fast to get her to do a tap dancing routine but sometimes I’m lucky. Dancing on a spinning upright piano on casters ain’t easy. I really enjoyed the show choir years, it’s about the same vibe as trailer rallies with a little more competition and a lot more drama. A little know factoid about:
Iowa Dave
I have two daughters and one son, all three were involved in the Onalaska show choir, (1986 through 1987 I think). Onalaska felt that Jefferson was their top competition at that time, although I don't know that Jefferson felt the same. The director of Jefferson at that time and Mr Gulsvig, the director of Onalaska were friends as I recall.

Old 03-11-2021, 01:25 PM   #1403

Hi Ronn
Pete Eckland was the Jefferson director. He went on to direct the university of Nebraska choir and Michael Reece came in after him and was there for many years. He’s now in Davenport Iowa as a show choir/ vocal music director. Pete lived on our street on the West side of Cedar Rapids. We had a simple slogan to let everyone know where we were from. “West Side Best Side” Show choir, Band, Dance team, Drama, Speech, Academic Decathlon and Sports teams all gave our kids good life experiences, taught them time management and made many lifelong friends. Throw in three Valedictorians for good measure.
Iowa Dave
Old 03-11-2021, 03:28 PM   #1404

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Hi Ronn
Pete Eckland was the Jefferson director. He went on to direct the university of Nebraska choir and Michael Reece came in after him and was there for many years. He’s now in Davenport Iowa as a show choir/ vocal music director. Pete lived on our street on the West side of Cedar Rapids. We had a simple slogan to let everyone know where we were from. “West Side Best Side” Show choir, Band, Dance team, Drama, Speech, Academic Decathlon and Sports teams all gave our kids good life experiences, taught them time management and made many lifelong friends. Throw in three Valedictorians for good measure.
Iowa Dave
Yes, I recall the Eckland name.

"three Valedictorians", that is quite an accomplishment as Cedar Rapids isn't a small town! Rita's side?
Old 03-11-2021, 05:18 PM   #1405

Absolutely. Although I did finish second in my major when I graduated at Iowa State. Did I mention there were only two of us?