Escape sighting? - Page 31 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 07-08-2016, 08:14 AM   #601

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 classic "Escapade", Tow: 2020 Honda Ridgeline
Houston escape sighting

A 15 or 17 escape sighted in Houston BC July 6. We passed by on Hwy 16 with our 19 on the way to Terrace and you were stopped at the big fly rod. Orry no pics.this is the first escape we have seen in thee parts other than ours.

The next day caught rainbow trout on dry fly at Seeley lake between Smithers and Terrace. Great fishing that lake with the mountains around. Weedy so don't try trolling.

John
John David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 11:34 AM   #602

Trailer: 2015 17B Sold
Escape 19 sighted in Thunder Bay, ON

Saw an Escape 19 turning from Hwy 17 west to Hwy 61 South towards US Minnesota border Wednesday early evening. First Escape I've seen in these parts except ours.

Fred Alexander
fbalexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 12:58 PM   #603

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
Two Escapes???

Heading west on I80, just outside of Carlin, Nevada, and spotted a 19' or 21', sporting a red Cardinal graphic on the front, heading east. About ten minutes later, we believe we saw another 19' or 21' Escape heading east as well. (The highway was divided so we couldn't be 100% certain it was an Escape however, it was definitely a fiberglass .).

We've been on the road for over two weeks, California to South Dakota via Nevada, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming and Utah, and have only seen a handful of fiberglass trailers.
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 02:36 PM   #604

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
I usually make a prediction each morning on what we will see for fiberglass trailers that day. It's usually something like one scamp and two casitas, or two scamps
and an unknown like a boler, Trillium, Burro or whatever. I am very rarely correct. Average
350 mile day would be about 1.5 fiberglass trailers per day counting the campground occupants. Of course it goes up within about 50 miles of a rally, before or after a rally. We
Did see a TA in Glacier this year that had been at Osoyoos three days earlier.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 03:27 PM   #605

Leaving Winnemucca, NV, and spotted another Escape 19' getting off the highway. We waved but not sure if they saw us. What are the chances of seeing three Escapes in such a short time frame?!

But not sure if seeing three is a bad omen. As we were turning towards the on ramp, our truck made a 'clunk' and started shaking. Then the screeching and grinding when we turn started. Made it to the KOA in town and will wait for the mechanic to open tomorrow ....
Old 07-10-2016, 04:03 PM   #606

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
17 heading west on I84 today. At the contruction zone.

At Heyburn ID at I think the park Robert mentioned earlier. I will explore a bit when the wind and dust cooperate.
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 05:46 PM   #607
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreamin View Post
Leaving Winnemucca, NV, and spotted another Escape 19' getting off the highway. We waved but not sure if they saw us. What are the chances of seeing three Escapes in such a short time frame?!

But not sure if seeing three is a bad omen. As we were turning towards the on ramp, our truck made a 'clunk' and started shaking. Then the screeching and grinding when we turn started. Made it to the KOA in town and will wait for the mechanic to open tomorrow ....
Clunk, screech, and grind on turns sounds are bearing sounds if the race broke and the bearings got out......

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 06:03 PM   #608

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
... As we were turning towards the on ramp, our truck made a 'clunk' and started shaking. Then the screeching and grinding when we turn started. Made it to the KOA in town and will wait for the mechanic to open tomorrow ....
Ouch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tractors1 View Post
Clunk, screech, and grind on turns sounds are bearing sounds if the race broke and the bearings got out......
Certainly a possibility.

I'm interested in hearing how this turns out... hopefully in a new and separate thread.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 07:18 PM   #609

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Quote:

Take it to Aamco.....Their commercial claim to diagnose on customer sound effects.......
Just kidding, hope this turns out well and relatively inexpensive

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 09:57 PM   #610

Will post in another thread as I was going to do a 'trip report' anyway. Just before we left on this trip, our local mechanic replaced the boots on the wheel joints which were cracked so it will be interesting to see what's going on. (I'll have to remember the sound effects ... HA!!!)

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
Old 07-10-2016, 10:48 PM   #611

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Could be a wheel bearing, brakes or CV joint if you have 4 wheel drive. Or it could be what we experienced when I thought we were in a heap 'o trouble in the middle of nowhere when we pulled into an empty campground 5 miles off a paved road with no cell reception. Turned out to be something stuck between a front brake rotor and the back plate which came out on its own.

Best of luck getting it fixed
Old 07-11-2016, 01:20 AM   #612

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Could be a wheel bearing, brakes or CV joint if you have 4 wheel drive. Or it could be what we experienced when I thought we were in a heap 'o trouble in the middle of nowhere when we pulled into an empty campground 5 miles off a paved road with no cell reception. Turned out to be something stuck between a front brake rotor and the back plate which came out on its own.

Best of luck getting it fixed
Also something like this happened to us . Sounded very bad . Turned out it was a rock stuck between brake rotor and backing plate . Found it when Pulled the wheel . Hopefully it is something simple like that for you . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 03:07 AM   #613

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic #7
Greetings All,
We have just returned home from a 17 day/3200 mile trip that visited Crater Lake & Glacier National Parks among other stops.

Along the way we spotted 3 Escapes but have not had reliable internet access along much of our route.

Sighting #1, Philipsburg, MT
As we were passing through we spotted a Escape 19 parked in a driveway.

Sighting #2, July 7th, as we were passing through Wells, NV on I-80 we saw a 5.0 East bound.

Sighting #3, also on the 7th as we pulled into the RV lot for Circus Circus a fellow Escape 21 (TomW). We were able to exchange notes but not able to meet in person
7th Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 04:32 PM   #614

Just a quick update. Turned out it was a broken axle. Met the garage owner at 8:00am and he had the truck up on the rack and diagnosed by 8:15am. Part ordered, delivered and installed by 12:30pm ... on the road by 1:30pm. (All at a very reasonable price). If you're ever in need of a repair in Winnemucca, Nevada, Manzo's Garage is the place to go!!!

Jan

- Cesare Pavese
Old 07-11-2016, 04:34 PM   #615

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Jan, it is good to hear you are on the move again, and got good service. Nothing makes one happier than getting good service to take the pain out of a problem.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 04:40 PM   #616

You're so right!! Thanks to all for your good thoughts.

Jan

- Cesare Pavese
Old 07-11-2016, 05:04 PM   #617

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
You're so right!! Thanks to all for your good thoughts.
So glad you found a great mechanic and on your way again . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 05:08 PM   #618

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
I'll put that shop in my book. I was in Winnemucca in May. I always think about good shops when I'm way out west. As I reported once before there's a good shop
in Loa, Utah that bailed me out once too. There's lots of good people out there.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 05:21 PM   #619

Maybe we need a separate thread with our good (and bad) experiences just to use as a reference.

Jan

- Cesare Pavese
Old 07-11-2016, 07:20 PM   #620

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Quote:
Just a quick update. Turned out it was a broken axle. Met the garage owner at 8:00am and he had the truck up on the rack and diagnosed by 8:15am. Part ordered, delivered and installed by 12:30pm ... on the road by 1:30pm. (All at a very reasonable price). If you're ever in need of a repair in Winnemucca, Nevada, Manzo's Garage is the place to go!!!
Good News CADreamin! And, thanks for the advice on a Good Mechanic!

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote