Escape sighting? - Page 42 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 04-16-2017, 07:21 PM   #821

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
Ross,
"Fishmas" (opening of fishing season) is the last Saturday in April (April 29): What are they catching? where?
HI Don- we were out there for two weeks, they were fishing the Owens and at Lone Pine c.g. Not sure if Lone Pine c.g.was legal; Bitterbrush definitely not as per Ranger ("stay out of the creek!). Gonna be a big crowd come last Saturday in April!

Edit: Love Mahogany Smoked Meats in Bishop!!
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 07:54 PM   #822

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
HI Don- we were out there for two weeks, they were fishing the Owens and at Lone Pine c.g. Not sure if Lone Pine c.g.was legal; Bitterbrush definitely not as per Ranger ("stay out of the creek!). Gonna be a big crowd come last Saturday in April!

Ross,
RE: "Love Mahogany Smoked Meats in Bishop" . Oh Yes! I get hungry w/in 20 miles of Bishop. Of course, so does the tow vehicle!

That big crowd weekend is one I always avoid. Usually, we'll go a couple of weeks later, when its not elbow bumping elbow. This year, it'll be in June, on the way back from the ETI rally in Ossoyos.

We heard from the ranger who's part of the fish-stocking detail: they've had trouble finding adequate spots for stocking creeks. The heavy rains brought a lot of silt down, and filled the pools and holes.
The good news is you may find a little more gold than usual, if you bring a pan.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 09:13 PM   #823

Trailer: 2011 19'
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCnomad View Post
Crystal and hubby were pulling out of 7 Feathers RV lot when I pulled in. Dang near identical 2014 21s except mine has AC. They were coming back from Mexico and were well tanned.
We have some friends who just returned from 2 months in Guayabitos Mexico. They said they met some people from BC with a 21 foot escape. I bet it was the same people.

My Blog; https://lenanddian.blogspot.com
Old Fulica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 08:50 AM   #824
Tin

Trailer: 2017 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post

Some of the creeks and such are year round but strickly catch and release with no barb hooks. Mahogany Smoked Meats Umm just thinking about all that jerky, last year bought some of there black berry jam OH MY.
Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 08:59 AM   #825
Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Fulica View Post
We have some friends who just returned from 2 months in Guayabitos Mexico. They said they met some people from BC with a 21 foot escape. I bet it was the same people.
Guayabitos Mexico ! On the Mazatlán side ? No way in H*&% would I trailer there. Guayabitos Baja California Sur well thats one heck of a drive to go no where ?
Is there another Guayabitos ? I know there are alot of places in Baja with the same or similar names.
Old 04-17-2017, 09:31 AM   #826

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin View Post
Guayabitos Mexico ! On the Mazatlán side ? No way in H*&% would I trailer there. Guayabitos Baja California Sur well thats one heck of a drive to go no where ?
Is there another Guayabitos ? I know there are alot of places in Baja with the same or similar names.
We have friends that are planning to head to Manzanillo with their trailer (non-Escape, for now that is), probably just short of two years from now for a few months and we are hoping to go along too. They travel down there all the time (though not with a trailer yet), and say they have no worries at all about doing so. They did say when they drive down, they start at the border in the early AM, stick to main highways, and drive all day.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 09:56 AM   #827
Tin

Hi Jim, This area of mexico is absolutely beautiful but I personal would not even consider going there let alone trailing there. Its not worth it, just know you will be driving some of the most dangerous roads in Mexico and I am not talking about pot holes to arrive in a dangerous place in a truck and trailer that worth more than most residence will make in there life time . If you must go stick with Baja Sur much safer.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:09 AM   #828

Quote:
Hi Jim, This area of mexico is absolutely beautiful but I personal would not even consider going there let alone trailing there. Its not worth it, just know you will be driving some of the most dangerous roads in Mexico and I am not talking about pot holes to arrive in a dangerous place in a truck and trailer that worth more than most residence will make in there life time . If you must go stick with Baja Sur much safer.
The Baja is definitely less worry, and I will be doing that too.

I just have read as much as possible about folks who have actually taken an RV south in Mexico. Most mentions I have seen are from folks claim it is a bad idea, yet have nothing to go on other that how they feel. I have yet to read of anyone who actually did it who had troubles. I have read the experiences of those that did do it, and they are mostly positive to a huge degree.

I would really only want to do it with another RV, or even more. It would add to the fun factor too. I have lots of friends who have spent months at a time, over many different years, in Mexico away from the tourist areas. I trust their input, which is all positive. It would be helpful as they are much more fluent in Spanish than me, all I know are the important stuff like cerveza and baño.

Mind you, it is my nature to be trusting and look for the best in people. Yes, this attitude has stung me a couple times, but it has also lead to many, many great experiences.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-17-2017, 10:22 AM   #829
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Whenever people talk about driving/camping in Mexico, I often think of Michael & Debra: http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f1...19-a-3895.html
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 10:53 AM   #830
Tin

Hi Jim, I understand. I may be biased, about 15 years ago while vacationing in Puerto Vallarta our hotel room was vandalized basically every thing of value was taken. We felt safe and where having a great time up tell then. I wish you a safe and happy travels.
Old 04-17-2017, 11:15 AM   #831

Quote:
Hi Jim, I understand. I may be biased, about 15 years ago while vacationing in Puerto Vallarta our hotel room was vandalized basically every thing of value was taken. We felt safe and where having a great time up tell then. I wish you a safe and happy travels.
You gotta know that if I end up doing a trip like that, and it is successful, you will hear back. If not that successful, please donate to your favourite charity in lieu of flowers.
Old 04-17-2017, 11:25 AM   #832

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
The Mexican prisons have quite a few openings for a good handyman, Jim....
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 11:27 AM   #833

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
You gotta know that if I end up doing a trip like that, and it is successful, you will hear back. If not that successful, please donate to your favourite charity in lieu of flowers.

I've meet one professional caravan leader and instantly knew I could / would go with one of his groups. For the first time anyways.

Caravan 2018 Jim?
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 11:47 AM   #834

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCnomad View Post
Caravan 2018 Jim?
This is what we had thrown out there, first thing in the year, before it gets too dang hot.
Old 04-17-2017, 05:45 PM   #835

Trailer: 17
Golden Ears parking Lot near Chilliwack . Reace out Prototype testing?
Attached Thumbnails
20170402_120110.jpg   20170402_115950.jpg  
gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 06:03 PM   #836

Trailer: 2011 19'
Quote:
My Bad! It was Lo de Marcos-a few miles further south.

My Blog; https://lenanddian.blogspot.com
Old Fulica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 06:15 PM   #837

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocamp View Post
heck of a first step out of the camper.....
Old 04-17-2017, 06:32 PM   #838

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocamp View Post
Reminds me of this unit I saw about five years ago. These folks were in the process of outfitting their rig to take down into South America...
Attached Thumbnails
Labor Day 2012-009.jpg  
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 07:44 PM   #839

Trailer: 2008 17B Escape
Is that first one a Scamp body??
Old 04-17-2017, 07:58 PM   #840

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by amirie View Post
Is that first one a Scamp body??
My guess based on the tail lights, exterior hatches, rear of the body that bumps up slightly and the window configuration that this is an older Casita 16 (late 90's-early 2000's).
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote