Escape sighting? - Page 11 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 04-16-2015, 06:37 PM   #201

Trailer: 2013 Escape 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlbua View Post
yesterday(4/4) on our way to Chilliwack to pick up my 5.0TA.We saw 5.0 classic heading north on 25 in Albuquerque, NM. Our first time to see a Escape fifth wheel.
That could have been us - leaving Las Cruces and heading home, we stopped overnight in Albuquerque and then on to Cortez, CO. Although there was also another 5.0 in the same Albuquerque campground! Not sure where they were headed.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 07:03 PM   #202

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
Quote:
Originally Posted by reace View Post
Reace and I are travelling from Chilliwack, BC to Bandera, Tx for the Bluebonnet Rally and since leaving on Friday we have seen an Escape everyday.

Very exciting to see them on the road....

Day One; we saw two; one heading north bound on the I-5 ant the second was in Champooeg Historical Campground.

Day Two; we saw three all on the I-5 heading North.

Day Three; Topaz Lake Campground

Day Four; Death Valley

Day Five; Just outside Las Vegas

Day Six; Between Zion and Bryce Canyon
I can only imagine how many nights you two spent tossing and turning when you started your business, betting the proverbial farm on your dream of becoming successful business people. This trip (and every trip hereafter) is a simple validation of all the blood, sweat, and tears you poured into ETI. You have every reason to be very proud of your accomplishments! And I bet you sleep better these days too.
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 08:34 PM   #203
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Reace and I are travelling from Chilliwack, BC to Bandera, Tx for the Bluebonnet Rally and since leaving on Friday we have seen an Escape everyday.

Day One; we saw two; one heading north bound on the I-5 ant the second was in Champooeg Historical Campground.

Day Four; Death Valley

You have better eyes than I do Tammy. Only saw one on our trip back to Texas. Gonna be at least 10 or 11 at Bluebonnet though!
Old 04-16-2015, 08:47 PM   #204

Trailer: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
That could have been us - leaving Las Cruces and heading home, we stopped overnight in Albuquerque and then on to Cortez, CO. Although there was also another 5.0 in the same Albuquerque campground! Not sure where they were headed.
While you were in Albuquerque you should have stopped by to visit your previous 5.0!! It would have been fun to meet you in person...we still love our (your) 5.0!
Sold both 7/22
FMLNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 11:18 PM   #205

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21--FOR SALE
Quote:

Day Four; Death Valley

Cheryl and I must be doing something wrong. We've been on the road a week, and have stayed in campgrounds in White Rock, Birch Bay, Winthrop, Pendleton, Farewell Bend, and now Salt Lake City, and have been completely skunked on Escape sightings, both in motion and at rest. Maybe we'll see a few in canyon country.
Old 04-17-2015, 06:50 PM   #206

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Hi Brent &Cheryl- dont feel bad; it took us a looong time to see our first one. Seeing more now though, including a 21 @ Bishop.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 11:20 PM   #207

Trailer: 2013 19'
That red 19' was me. I was headed to ETI for a little warranty work. Had a great visit with our ETI crew and headed back home to Sequim, Wa the next day.
sokol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 11:24 PM   #208

Trailer: 2013 19'
I was at Bayview SP as it is about 1/2 way from my house to ETI. I don't recall seing a 5.0 in the park though.
sokol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 11:16 AM   #209

Trailer: 2015 Escape, 19'
Spotted a 21 just 1/2 mile from my house yesterday around 11 o'clock on Hwy 89 just outside of Tahoe City....sound familiar anyone?.....Karen
KarenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 05:20 PM   #210

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
We saw an Escape 19 today (Saturday) on Cape Arago Highway going through the town of Charleston, Oregon at about 11:45 AM.

Was that you?

“The journey not the arrival matters.” – T. S. Eliot
Grant & Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 05:32 PM   #211

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenB View Post
Spotted a 21 just 1/2 mile from my house yesterday around 11 o'clock on Hwy 89 just outside of Tahoe City....sound familiar anyone?.....Karen
That was us; came up Monitor Pass (super steep). Camped at Grover Hot Springs then drove up yesterday to Davis Lake near Portola via 89/23/70.
Old 04-18-2015, 09:32 PM   #212

Trailer: 2015 Escape, 19'
Cool....how was Grover??....have fun at Davis Lake, lotsa good stuff in Plumas....way fewer people than Tahoe....Lakes Basin area very nice....Karen
KarenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 03:16 PM   #213

Paydirt! After 15 days travel through one province and four states, we finally shared the scenic and quiet Kodachrome Basin State Park campsite with an Escape 15 last night. We were away hiking most of the time, as was the 15's owner, so we didn't meet. The only breadcrumb I have is his excellent vanity license plate from Montana: "backpcer".
Old 04-23-2015, 03:30 PM   #214

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
That's funny! In our maiden voyage with our 19' Escape and 49 nights camping, that was also where we camped with the 1 and only Escape on our trip home!
Old 04-24-2015, 09:27 AM   #215

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenB View Post
Cool....how was Grover??....have fun at Davis Lake, lotsa good stuff in Plumas....way fewer people than Tahoe....Lakes Basin area very nice....Karen
Grover had one campground open and only 2 other campers...love the shoulder seasons. Can see how the pools get packed seeing the sign with rules about waiting in line

Quincy area right now is really fabulous with weather in upper 70's (got a nice downpour last night) and lots of free camping. Have been at Snake mostly as its closest to town but did do a night at Silver Lake. There is a canoe with two paddles just left there. Went out to the island and saw a geese nest with 6 eggs. Looked staged it was so perfect looking with all the down surrounding it.
Hiking up above the lake you get great views of the Quincy area as well as Mt. Lassen.

On to Lakes Basin today for a night then sadly home. Could easily stay another week.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:19 PM   #216

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Saw an Escape 19 heading eastbound between Kamloops and Chase at 11am today. Looking good!
Glennrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 11:23 AM   #217

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Saw an Escape, looked like a 17' heading east on Hwy 16 near Vegreville, Alberta on Saturday April 25 at about 3-4 pm. Was being towed by a car/suv with a nice red canoe on the roof. Car kind of looked like a Highlander but could have been something else.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 11:34 PM   #218

Three weeks into our 4-week trip we bagged our second Escape today, a 17-foot from Washington State in the Watchman campground at Zion National Park. Neither the TV or the owners were around.
Old 05-02-2015, 08:30 AM   #219

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19' (sold), Escape 5.0 as of August 2019 (sold)
Not an Escape but a Conquerer

We just returned from one of our "bucket list" trips to Hwange National Park in Zimbabwe on a photo safari. It was quite an experience and I highly recommend it! While there we spotted a Conquerer in a remote campsite. I have seen these on the internet but never in person. The campers were from South Africa and very accommodating. Very nice rig!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2914.jpg   IMG_2915.jpg   IMG_2916.jpg  
JStelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 10:35 AM   #220

Trailer: Bigfoot 25' 2018
Well, we just returned from a trip through N Arizona and S Utah. Saw several Escapes as:

March 24: Saw a 15 or 17 in an RV park in Hawthorn NV.

March 24: Met Jocylin & John at a gas station/C-store in Tonapah NV. They had a 5.0 pulled by a red Nissan. They are from Calgary.

March 25: Met Nancy & Byron at Davis Camp, Bullhead City AZ. They have a brand new 19 and live up the road in Kingman AZ.

April 5: Met Yolanda & Robert with their new 19 "Past Tents" at Goulding's CG in Monument Valley, AZ. They just picked up their trailer and were headed back to Texas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Hugh and Denise Currin from Oregon came by our trailer this afternoon here in Monument Valley. They are camping here as well in their 19. Nicest couple ever! Gave us our first gift for our new trailer -- a little night light to plug in to the side of the kitchen cabinet just inside the door. Makes a great tester for the campground power too!

This was the first Escape we've seen on our trip home with our 19.
April 9: Met Deb & John at the BLM office in Kanab, UT. They had a newer 19 and hailed from Winthrop, WA. We camped with them for a few days off House Rock Valley Rd. between Kanab and Page.

April 13: Saw an Escape 19 with black decals north of Kanab UT. They were travelling south on Hwy 89.

April 14: Met Anne at the grocery store in Kanab. She was travelling with "Greyt Escape" an Escpae 17. She's from Portland OR.

April 15: Saw an Escape 21 with silver trim north of Kanab going south on Hwy 89. So the 19 Reece and Tammy saw between Zion and Bryce may have been us.

Quote:

It was a great trip. I'll post related info over the next week or two. But it was great to see some Escapes on the road.

Thanks.
currinh is offline   Reply With Quote