Escape Trailer Industries is awesome... - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 09-29-2016, 10:22 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Escape Trailer Industries is awesome...

Tammy and Reace are the epitome of hospitality and making an excellent product. I took delivery of Prairie Schooner yesterday after arriving in Chilliwack on Sunday. Traveling with 2 dogs turned into a liability with KOA and I stayed at Hotel 6 several nights on the way out. I called Escape and asked about what is good in Chilliwack and Erin told me Best Western. Well talk about luxury, 2 queen beds, a refrigerator, breakfast every morning, dogs allowed in the room, happy hour every afternoon, and a 10% discount on all food. The room was also discounted and after the exchange rate it was around $80/night. KOA wanted that amount just for a rustic cabin.

Anyway, Escape is doing the best they can in the limited space in use. Peace was spending time next door in the new building which is almost done. In addition the tent in the front will be vacating soon and once completed, Escape will have a first class location taking the entire lot from roadside back to the railroad tracks, tripling their operation.

I did my orientation yesterday with Nigel, Reace and Dennis all working to get my unit hooked up and ready for exporting. All in all it took about 3 hours before I returned to Best Western to unload the truck and load up the trailer. Be sure and ask for a late check out time. We left Chilliwack around 1:30 and headed down to US#2 across Stephens Pass and towards Spokane. Seattle traffic is a zoo.

We arrived here in Buffalo, Wy today at 5 pm for our first night of camping. Here are some of my observations. The wheel lugs were still tight and the refrigerator was cold on #3 on propane. It towed wonderful but my gas took a hit from 21 mpg avg down to 14 avg.
The power cord with power indicators is nice and everything is working, the furnace, water heater, refrigerator,max fan. Did not try the a/c nor power swing yet. All 12v outlets and 120v outlets are operational. Escape is also protecting the rear of the various indicators, such as the pump/water heater/tank monitors are now protected in the rear. The frameless windows are awesome looking and let in a nice amount of air. The bathroom has been remodeled with a different sink and a ledge along the exterior wall. The dark trim is matched with dark outlet and switch covers. The front window is new and different than my 2012 19' I had. All and all their perfection in finish and product selection is impeccable. GREAT JOB TAMMY AND REACE ON AN EXCEPTIONAL PRODUCT.
Old 09-30-2016, 07:48 AM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2

Post pictures of these bathroom changes (sink, shelf). Also picture of these protectors you speak of. Give us a picture tour when you can.
Old 09-30-2016, 07:57 AM   #3

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
On the road

Jim
Glad to hear the new 19 is all you expected
It to be. Best of luck crossing Nebraska today, hope for 20 mph tailwind. I've got your peppers and jalapeño SPAM waiting
But if I don't get a raccoon in the traps tonight I might have to resort to eating store bought food.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 08:03 AM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Jim
Glad to hear the new 19 is all you expected
It to be. Best of luck crossing Nebraska today, hope for 20 mph tailwind. I've got your peppers and jalapeño SPAM waiting
But if I don't get a raccoon in the traps tonight I might have to resort to eating store bought food.
Dave
Hi: Iowa Dave... There's always "Pavement pizza"!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 08:11 AM   #5

Trailer: 21’ 2020
Ditto

Nice to hear your report and experience, Jim!
We had pretty much the same feelings and experience with them 3 weeks ago.
Just had a few minor glitches on the way home...one is, somehow the hitch lever was bent.
We've got to figure out how to secure it before leaving for the rally tonight.
Little bread wire twists won't cut it for a 3 hour ride!
Anyway, we're hoping there's a spot for us at Pine Grove...we'll try to make it before the gates close!
Looking forward to comparing notes.
Artlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 08:25 AM   #6

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kountrykamper View Post

Post pictures of these bathroom changes (sink, shelf). Also picture of these protectors you speak of. Give us a picture tour when you can.
Tom, when y'all decide to order your new one, I think I know someone who will want your current one (Glen)
GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 08:34 AM   #7

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Another Happy Happy camper!! Thank you Jim, for posting your report. Tammy and Reace deserve this. As indeed they do their uttermost best!
When you have time, could you give some info on the new front window please? Would like to know what is different from the old one.
Have a safe trip!!!
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 08:41 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregandTeresa View Post
Tom, when y'all decide to order your new one, I think I know someone who will want your current one (Glen)
LOL, yeah he was eyeing it last weekend. I like these new ones better every time I see one but I just filled my propane tanks. I do hope they sell out soon to take any temptation away.
Old 09-30-2016, 08:44 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kountrykamper View Post
LOL, yeah he was eyeing it last weekend. I like these new ones better every time I see one but I just filled my propane tanks.
Yes, but Cheryl does want that U-shaped dinette, so now is the time to get your order in.
Old 09-30-2016, 08:54 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregandTeresa View Post
Yes, but Cheryl does want that U-shaped dinette, so now is the time to get your order in.
No, Tom wants a u-shaped dinette and a few other things changed and Cheryl thinks I'm crazy and I better figure out how to change ours.

I have a plan.
Old 09-30-2016, 09:23 AM   #11

Trailer: 2016 Escape 17B
I absolutely love my camper. I really appreciate the extra patience and work the Escape team did when I threw a wrench into their schedule last May. I had built up a fear of dragging the 17B through major cities like Seattle, Kansas City, St. Louis, and Nashville. Plus I had assumed towing would be a major pain going across the Rockies. Well, once I got past Seattle, I was OK...the fear was gone. The camper pulled like a dream. Now that I have used used it...i MUST admit, the extra space of the 19 with the U-shaped dinette does tempt a person with a 17B. :-)
gelayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 10:13 AM   #12

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
Cool Hey Jim

In case your propane tanks run out. Something to play with.

BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 10:33 AM   #13

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
If that were the next next gen Escape, I'd be in line.
Old 09-30-2016, 11:21 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by gelayne View Post
..i MUST admit, the extra space of the 19 with the U-shaped dinette does tempt a person with a 17B. :-)
Well you can't have ours. Now that we are getting sway control and WDH installed, Teresa is ready to hit the road again
Old 09-30-2016, 01:18 PM   #15

Trailer: Escape 21 2019
Congrats Jim, Enjoy a safe journey home!
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 05:51 PM   #16

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
I have to totally agree- they helped me get set with my "new" 15A this morning since it never even occurred to me I had the wrong tow ball until I crossed the border- and then the 1 7/8 ball was stuck solid on the receiver bar so I purchased both new on the spot and got help figuring out what lift I needed- and I wasn't even buying the trailer from them. (And no, I'm not tempted- yet- but I picked up brochures for a friend who is interested.)
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 06:08 PM   #17

Trailer: Escape 21' 2016
Congrats, Jim!! Happy and safe travels! See you at the Osoyoos rally.
2005 Toyota 4Runner
Carla Jean is offline   Reply With Quote