Escape warranty repairs/paid by them? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-10-2021, 05:01 PM   #1

Trailer: 2020 5.0TA
Escape warranty repairs/paid by them?

Hello group!

Just curious how good escape treated you after the sale when you were not able to return to the factory themselves for repairs? I am not an owner yet, may be placing a deposit soon, just doing some homework first.

If you are like me, far away from the factory, did they cover the costs 100 percent? Any hassles or anything like that?

They told me in a recent email to just notify them first of the problem and a local RV dealer can make the repairs.
Suregrip391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 05:14 PM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Be sure to read the three tabs here: Owner's Responsibilities, Limited Warranty and Disclaimers, Limitations, And Exclusions: https://escapetrailer.com/warranty/
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 09:11 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
I followed the ETI guidelines and had the fridge replaced in my 2014 - 21 under the Dometic warranty at Camping World. Zero cost to me and took 1 day after the fridge arrived.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 07:11 AM   #4

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I too had the fridge switch out on my Escape locally, under warranty, without any issues....
Old 10-11-2021, 08:22 AM   #5

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Escape would have nothing to do with replacing both our axles in the first 8 months of ownership and told us it was our responsibility to deal with Dexter. Luckily part of my career was handling warranty claims. Each axle was replaced with Dexter paying for the labor and replacing two tires (we chose to ruin a third by waiting until we got home to have our trailer guy do the work and help with the warranty claim). Others have not been able to get their tires reimbursed by Dexter, nor any reimbursement from ETI.

I also got Dometic to send us a replacement sail switch for free. Most others had to buy their replacement sail switch at their own cost.

OTOH, our faucet cartridge failed after two weeks, but Rease told me how to do a cheap and dirty repair, and a new one was waiting for us when we got home 6 weeks later.

When not traveling we have a site in a commercial campground .8 mile from our condo. I could go on and on about poor quality and lack of service from sticky camper companies and half-attempted standard RV dealership repairs that owners have expressed.

And despite the days of personal service from Rease and Tammy are now over, we'd purchase another Escape.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 10-26-2021, 06:12 PM   #6

Trailer: 2020 5.0TA
Thanks for the reply everyone. I’ve learned so much from everyone with all my questions. You all are a great group! Wife and I are on the lookout for a nice 5.0 TA if one ever pops up.
Suregrip391 is offline   Reply With Quote