Escapes near Tahoe? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2020, 04:55 PM   #1

Trailer: 2017 5.0
Escapes near Tahoe?

Hello, I'm working on my order for my first Escape, and it would really help if I could see one or two in person, to supplement all the hours I'm spending in this forum and watching Escape's youtube videos. Is there anybody near Lake Tahoe that would be willing to show me theirs? The factory did give me a small list of 4 official ambassadors nearby, but I am having trouble connecting with them. Ideally I could see a 5.0 or a 21, but even any of the others would help as far as looking at options, build, etc.

I live in South Lake Tahoe, and can drive into Cali or Nevada.

Thanks!
TahoeJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 07:17 PM   #2

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Short notice for you, but I could show you my 17A in Placerville tomorrow (sun 20th, Monday before 2, Tuesday, Wednesday anytime. Also, you likely know that hwy 50 is closed over Echo Summit, so you'd have to go 89 to 88 to Mormon Emigrant Trail into Pollock Pines and then hook up to 50 there.

Actually, I just looked at the Escape map here in the forum, and there are, I believe, two brothers, John and Dan who have a 19 in South Lake Tahoe. I met them when I was camped at Nevada Beach last summer. They were very friendly, stopped and chatted for a while. See if you can get Escape to give you their number, or maybe Escape will call them and see if it's ok to share their number.

(edited to add Tuesday)
Old 09-19-2020, 07:54 PM   #3

Thanks for the offer! Yeah with Echo summit closed it's a pretty long drive, plus it's best to always avoid Sunday traffic leaving Tahoe. I actually talked to someone today in Georgetown who has a 5.0, and I told him that when the pass opens again I'd drive down...so maybe I could contact you then (in a couple weeks) and hit up 2 of them on the same trip? My wife and I could make a day of it...

And yes I saw John & Dan on the map, but didn't know if they are on this forum or not, I was hoping they would see this post!
Old 09-20-2020, 03:05 AM   #4

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeJoe View Post
Thanks for the offer! Yeah with Echo summit closed it's a pretty long drive, plus it's best to always avoid Sunday traffic leaving Tahoe. I actually talked to someone today in Georgetown who has a 5.0, and I told him that when the pass opens again I'd drive down...so maybe I could contact you then (in a couple weeks) and hit up 2 of them on the same trip? My wife and I could make a day of it...

And yes I saw John & Dan on the map, but didn't know if they are on this forum or not, I was hoping they would see this post!
Hi Joe,

If you ever find yourself "commin' down the mountain", we live here in the SF Bay area.
7th Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 09:40 AM   #5

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Joe, that's fine, just let me know. I don't think they're active on the forum. If you want to contact them, doing it through Escape is your best bet.
Old 09-20-2020, 10:08 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th Heaven View Post
Hi Joe,

If you ever find yourself "commin' down the mountain", we live here in the SF Bay area.
I just might, thanks! I used to work quite a bit down there a bit in the Palo Alto area, so I know it well...
Old 10-03-2020, 03:15 PM   #7

Trailer: 2020 21C
What model do you have? We are near Reno and would love to see a 5.0. Thanks
randynjill is offline   Reply With Quote