Exterior Access Hatch Supplier for Escape - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 12-15-2020, 09:45 PM   #1

Trailer: 2021 21NE F2
Exterior Access Hatch Supplier for Escape

Does anyone know the supplier Escape uses for the Exterior Access Hatch doors and if they are available for sale? I'm on the fence adding 1 or 2 to my build and would like to know if they are available to be able to add matching hatch doors later. Thank You!
mfschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 05:02 AM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
I can't remember the brand, but at one time I had an order form for getting whatever size I wanted. I would contact Escape and they can likely fill you in with what you need to know. Maybe someone else here already did, and has the info I have seem to have misplaced.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 05:55 AM   #3

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfschu View Post
Does anyone know the supplier Escape uses for the Exterior Access Hatch doors and if they are available for sale? I'm on the fence adding 1 or 2 to my build and would like to know if they are available to be able to add matching hatch doors later. Thank You!
Personally, if you can afford to do so now, I would jump off the fence and have them add the hatches during the build. It is convenient to have outside access to storage areas and is a lot less work to have ETI install them during the build. However, if you must remain on your fence top perch, then Jim has given you the best advice. Call the parts guy (Dustin Dionne) at ETI.
Old 12-16-2020, 06:55 AM   #4

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I can't remember the brand, but at one time I had an order form for getting whatever size I wanted. I would contact Escape and they can likely fill you in with what you need to know. Maybe someone else here already did, and has the info I have seem to have misplaced.
Jim: It looks like you used Vision Manufacturing after speaking with Reace when you put the larger hatch on your 19 many years ago. Still good to check with Escape because I have a suspicion they may use doors from Lippert Components now.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...-19-a-812.html
Old 12-16-2020, 08:11 AM   #5

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Jim: It looks like you used Vision Manufacturing after speaking with Reace when you put the larger hatch on your 19 many years ago. Still good to check with Escape because I have a suspicion they may use doors from Lippert Components now.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...-19-a-812.html
I was on my phone earlier and not that great on searching with it. That, and due to the fact that we are living in 20% of our house while the rest is under renovation, looking for paperwork is near impossible.

I am wondering if Escape still uses Vision, as I did that mod on my 10 ten years ago. I kinda think the form Escape me was another manufacturer, but who knows for sure, well other than Escape.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 08:27 AM   #6
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Something to pay attention to when using model numbers of prior built ETI trailers for the hatches, is the gelcoat color has changed from Colonial to Bright White.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 10:24 AM   #7

Trailer: 2014 Escape 15A
ETI probably wouldn't do it but I installed a cargo access door from Tern Overland on our 15A. Mine went in lieu of the POS outdoor shower door (plastic junk IMHO). I plan to add another to the driver's rear side next year...cry once.

https://www.ternoverland.com/arctic-...go-access-door
dstreight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 10:51 AM   #8

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
I added a drivers side rear hatch door to my 19 this fall. Great place for the power cord and water hose right near where they are used, in an area that is difficult to access for storage under the bed. I looked at different hatch door suppliers on line.

Then, I was driving through Chilliwack in September and stopped by Escape to discuss this, and a couple other things with them. I wanted to make sure that the manufacturer did not feel I needed any additional reinforcement in the area after cutting a hole for the door. As it turned out, they had a door from another Escape model that fit the location well. I can't remember the exact amount I paid but it was under $100 Canadian for the door and installation hardware (screws and bit of butyl tape), which was less than anything I was looking at buying on line. Note that this is a fairly small hatch. The install was very easy if you have even a basic competence in using tools. Installation of the door took less than an hour. Installation of inside bulkheads in the storage area to stop items from moving around the bigger under bed area took longer.

If Escape has the door size you need I would just buy it from them. They will match the rest of your doors and use the same key. Mine looks like a factory installation even though the factory does not install one there.
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1050155.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	52678
Mark B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 10:58 AM   #9

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
2 years ago I tried contacting Vision for hatches as I only live 30 mins away. They did not reply to my two emails so they lost my business.

I then ordered some marine hatches from Amazon which I suspect were made in China. They worked out well and I am very happy with them still.

I am pleased that Vision had so much business that they could ignore my emails but you have to wonder when small companies complain about loosing out to Amazon and China.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 11:08 AM   #10

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Also keep in mind that somethings may be in the way of adding a very large hatch like the trailer ID sticker. As of 2018 these stickers have to be located in the exact location as documented in their certification...so I was told.
Attached Thumbnails
02EA1F8F-EE89-45D9-8B56-206B68BEE277.jpg  

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote