exterior shower package - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-01-2021, 08:47 AM   #21

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
We have showers on both sides of the camper and we use them both quite a bit. One side is always more private than the other.

I also have a 4x4 tent, which I do not even bring anymore. We shower in our bathing suits (real ones, not the ones God gave us) outside and use bio-degradable soap. We like the private side. This actually makes us feel like kids again and I look forward to it. We take turns spraying each other. We have a small mat we put down to keep the mud from getting in the way.

If we really need to get clean we use the inside shower or more often find a campground with a nice shower. We use the shower outside for all sorts of cleaning with water issues. I would definitely get them both again.

I do not have any issues with the quick connect but I make sure the pressure behind the valve is released before trying to disengage.
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 10:54 AM   #22

Trailer: 2006 Escape
We picked up our trailer in March, with a shower on both sides, and very happy we did. We use the passenger side for a dish washing station, and the drivers side we have showered with a few times as well. We just added a spray nozzle used for watering your garden. If you check out the Facebook page someone added pictures of the outside shower they made using pvc pipe and the big suction cup holder used for moving glass. It’s awesome, so we are definitely copying that.
Judy Duggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 02:17 PM   #23

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
I’m up camping at Killbear Provincial Park here in Ontario. What a beautiful place, sandy beaches mixed with granite shoreline and unfortunately there is a caterpillar infestation, they eating everything. When I went to close up my awning their were smooshed caterpillars all over it, GOOG THING I HAD AN OUTDDOR SHOWER TO HOSE IT DOWN.
Doug2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 02:33 PM   #24

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B "L'Escaboose" with 2021 Ford F150 XLT
I've used my outdoor shower many times for cleaning Dutch ovens and washing dogs, but mostly I use it for a shower for myself. Works for me when I'm on my own property and I want to make my gray tank last for 6 to 9 days. I use the hose that came with it plus a shower head and hose. I have a platform that I leave there to set the tent on so I'm not standing on gravel.

I usually have the shower tent set up but if it's close to time to leave and I don't want to pack a wet tent, the tent is optional. Again, my own private property! I've never used the outdoor shower at a campground.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2453 1a.jpg   IMG_6719a.jpg   IMG_0429a.jpg   IMG_1378a.jpg  
Nindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 03:28 PM   #25

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
We've never tried the outside shower on this Escape; however, our daughter and family used the trailer a few weeks ago and couldn't get the hose to connect. She read the instructions on the little pink tag but when it got to the part "Insert small screwdriver into valve center and tap lightly with a hammer ... " she said, "NO WAY". Our RV tech was here this morning and he was surprised at the instruction but he went ahead and tapped it to release the valve and now it connects just fine. Needless to say, we all had a good laugh this morning.

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote