exterior shower package - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-30-2021, 10:15 AM   #1

Trailer: 2021 19
exterior shower package

Hey al, quick question. Does the exterior shower package include a hose, or should I plan on buying that separately?
I know I could ask Escape directly, but I don't want to distract them from building our new 19 .
Thanks in advance,
bobwirtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 10:20 AM   #2

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwirtz View Post
Hey al, quick question. Does the exterior shower package include a hose, or should I plan on buying that separately?

I know I could ask Escape directly, but I don't want to distract them from building our new 19 .

Thanks in advance,
Hose included!
PM15283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 12:45 PM   #3
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Comes with this: https://www.amazon.com/SA-HOSE-15-AS...5074987&sr=8-6
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 01:35 PM   #4

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
If you purchase one of these you can also connect a standard garden hose directly to the quick connect if so desired. Seems way overpriced...might be able to find cheaper somewhere else.
https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories.../PF247007.html

Also some owners have purchased this flex spout for more convenient use if setting up a wash station, filling a dog bowl, washing hands, etc.:
https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories...ts/EM44FR.html
Old 06-30-2021, 06:41 PM   #5

Trailer: 2022 Escape 21C
Sorry in advance for the hijack…I will be getting a passenger side shower for sure. Just not sure I need the driver’s side one as well. Pros? Cons? OP … no problem if you want to close the thread. I can repost if nececcary.
JeffinBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 07:16 PM   #6

Trailer: Escape 21 2019
Driver's side can be useful for rinsing off hoses and hands after emptying tanks, but most often there is already a hose there from the facility. There is a theory that having it on that side keeps the more heavily used side of the trailer from accumulating mud. We have it on the passenger side only and I've been quite happy with that.

A spout and the included spray hose have covered our needs so far, but if we were to actually use it as a shower I'd need a different hose for that.
daniel108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 07:28 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffinBC View Post
Sorry in advance for the hijack…I will be getting a passenger side shower for sure. Just not sure I need the driver’s side one as well. Pros? Cons?
We have the older style shower originally provided by Escape on the driver’s side and I did a DIY install of the newer style hot/cold spray port with quick connect on the passengers side. This last trip to the beach I used the shower on DS to wash off sandy feet and items and it kept the water/mess out from under the awning area. We have also used it on other trips for actual showering. Used the PS spray port with flex spout over table for misc use like washing hands. Best of both worlds in my opinion. Only minor cons are one more hole in the shell to keep sealed and one more thing to remember to include when winterizing.
Old 06-30-2021, 07:33 PM   #8

Trailer: New 21 Escape (not classic)10/16 Sold Lil Snoozy 7/16
Outside water spigot

I find we don’t use as much as I thought we would. It is such a PITA to actually get it to hold in .I find I have to shut off water pump and take pressure off and then sometimes it will go in My boat had the same attachment which I disabled and put ina regular hose bib works so much better .if anyone has a better way to make this work I’m all ears JimW
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 07:42 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykatz View Post
I find we don’t use as much as I thought we would. It is such a PITA to actually get it to hold in .I find I have to shut off water pump and take pressure off and then sometimes it will go in My boat had the same attachment which I disabled and put ina regular hose bib works so much better .if anyone has a better way to make this work I’m all ears JimW
I would try replacing the disconnect fitting...
https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories.../PF247008.html
Old 06-30-2021, 08:29 PM   #10

Trailer: 2020 21NE - dual dinettes
I have outside connections on both sides. The passenger side for an outdoor kitchen and the driver side for washing off people and gear. The driver side location is at the rear corner, so washing can be done at the side or the rear of the trailer. I would order both sides again.
sherminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 08:31 PM   #11

Trailer: 2022 Escape 21C
Thank you
JeffinBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 09:17 PM   #12

Trailer: 2022 21C, our second Escape
Question about outside showers... do people take an actual “shower” with it, in a shower tent? What about the water, you just let it go on the ground? Is this done partly to spare the grey tank from filling up?
Small but Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 10:33 PM   #13

Trailer: 2020 21NE - dual dinettes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Small but Sweet View Post
Question about outside showers... do people take an actual “shower” with it, in a shower tent? What about the water, you just let it go on the ground? Is this done partly to spare the grey tank from filling up?
It all depends on where you are camping and the details of your site. Most of the time we are only washing sandy/muddy feet and using small amounts of water only. But on longer trips we have used an enclosure and taken a regular shower with soap. In a area of with low usage and good drainage, we will let it run on the ground. We use plastic tiles for a shower mat. In other areas, we have used a blow up wading pool to catch the water, or a cement mixing tub. We then use a hand pump to get it into a bucket to dump it in a suitable place. You can take a decent shower with 2 gallons.

There are two good reasons to take outside showers: 1) to avoid filling the gray tank, 2) taking a shower outside (in nice weather) is more enjoyable. I will say that we have yet to take an outside shower with our Escape. When we had a tent trailer, it was the only choice we had. However, we had a portable shower unit too, so we could set up a shower anywhere we could carry our gear. This allowed us to pick shower sites more easily, so we rarely caught our runoff - we usually found a suitable place to let it run on the ground.
sherminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 11:15 PM   #14
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
I came really close to buying a tent shower for our outside shower, for that very reason, to spare the grey tank from filling up when our sons join us, but then (fortunately) realized that the cg we were going to did not allow outside tent showers. That surprised me. Can't remember which cg it was, but a heads up to the 'do's and don'ts' if you plan to use one in a cg. -Bea
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 01:00 AM   #15

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
We have an outside shower on the passenger side and find it great for doing dishes outside in dish pans. I find it also really good for washing the bugs off the front of the trailer at the end of a drive. It’s really handy for that.
AKCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 03:34 AM   #16

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffinBC View Post
Sorry in advance for the hijack…I will be getting a passenger side shower for sure. Just not sure I need the driver’s side one as well. Pros? Cons? OP … no problem if you want to close the thread. I can repost if nececcary.
The drivers side is better, I often rinse dishes and you want to be away from your carpet door area to do it. If you get the passenger side, where does the water go? You turn the area in front of your door into a mud hole.
Old 07-01-2021, 03:38 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykatz View Post
I have never fought with mine. Make sure there is no pressure between the tap and the quick connect. If you can't get it in it may be because there is water pressure stopping it.
Old 07-01-2021, 03:41 AM   #18

Quote:
I have used my outdoor shower on every trip, I have rinsed shoes, feet, hands, done dishes with bins or just rinsed dishes before taking them inside, I have yet to shower outside. I have yet to use it to actually shower.
Old 07-01-2021, 06:36 AM   #19

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
I’m totally on the opposite tack. I’ve never used one since moving from tents to RV’s, so we ordered our Escape without one.
Old 07-01-2021, 06:43 AM   #20

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel108 View Post
Driver's side can be useful for rinsing off hoses and hands after emptying tanks, but most often there is already a hose there from the facility. There is a theory that having it on that side keeps the more heavily used side of the trailer from accumulating mud. We have it on the passenger side only and I've been quite happy with that.

A spout and the included spray hose have covered our needs so far, but if we were to actually use it as a shower I'd need a different hose for that.
I agree for the most part of this response (I have passenger side only). It could be useful when off grid if you want to “reduce visual exposure” and take a shower behind the trailer. The rather infrequent times that I have used the outside shower to actually shower, I just wear a bathing suit.
But you do not need a separate hose with the ETI provided hose. Just screw off the provided nozzle and attach a shower nozzle (adapter may be needed) and also purchase a suction cup shower holder.