Filler Board With Cushion?? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 07-04-2022, 05:28 PM   #1

Trailer: 2022 21C 'The QShip'
Filler Board With Cushion??

We do not really want the U shaped dinette in our 21C, but would like some place to put up our feet while looking out the back window. ETI offers something called a Filler Board with Cushion. Does anyone have it, and how well does it work as long as you do not try to sit on it?

If I have to I will just make my own after we receive the trailer, but if it works from ETI we might as well have them do it.
marant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 05:33 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2016 GMC Canyon Duramax
When we ordered our trailer we had Escape cut 15 inches off the table and use that as a filler board with a cushion on top. It's perfectly fine for sitting on but we only used it as a foot rest or place to store stuff.
stephen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 06:41 PM   #3

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Of course you can build a board the exact size you want with foam on top and wrap the material around, stapling it on the under side. It would sit on the two rails provided and remove at night for the table to fit as it should. Just order a little extra material the same as your cushions.

OR go deluxe and make a back cushion as well.

You can check out how both are done in this poor man’s U shape dinette post here:

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tml#post273431

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 08:29 AM   #4

Smallest filler board ETI offers is $106 (US). Instead we ordered extra upholstery fabric for $40 which is 54"x 2 meters. (Go figure, they use inches and meters together?).

I can easily make one custom to what we want for a lot less than $106 and have plenty of fabric left over for some other project.
Old 07-07-2022, 11:00 AM   #5

Trailer: 2021 21NE
We have the U-shaped dinette in our 2021 21NE and the "Filler Board w/Cushion" is what I assume is used as the backrest of the dinette that sits against the wall on the front of the trailer. I would not pay $106 for it. It would work fine as a foot rest and is okay as a back cushion, but it is basically a piece of plywood with thin foam padding and fabric wrapped just over the edges of the back and stapled.
kathytony1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 11:05 AM   #6

I think the filler board is just a padded board that is horizontal between the two benches. We just need something for a footrest.