Final Post - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-23-2022, 07:52 PM   #1

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
Final Post

I received my Bigfoot 25 RQ yesterday, so this will be my Swan Song post on the Escape Forum.
General impressions :
Fit and Finish is superb, a beautiful example of state of the Art fiberglass trailer manufacturing,.
I am camping where it’s very cold yesterday and today, the camper is excellent in cold weather, the floors are not frigid.
Electrical so far is solid, all circuits labeled and the indoor custom battery location is well done for my lithium battery. The converter wiring location could be neater as far as wiring. We have all seen that story before. However all systems and circuits work and were tested.

The Bigfoot is big frankly. I am towing it with an appropriate vehicle a 3/4 ton Ram and a equalizer hitch.
It tracks well and is stable as far as I towed it. Next month I’ll
Be towing it south so I’ll see how it does on the highway. Stability is very similar to the 21 c. So far.

I liked my Escape and the community surrounding it. It’s much sparser in the Bigfoot world. I appreciate all the help I got here and hope helped a few others. However it’s time to move on and explore the world of Bigfoot.

Thanks , I’m sure I’ll meet up with a few of the reprobates around a campfire someday. I’m the one usually on the fiddle.
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2022, 07:57 PM   #2

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
GO BUCKS!!!!!
Good luck, Safe Travels, Good Times.
Iowa Dave
Old 12-23-2022, 08:15 PM   #3

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldwave View Post
I received my Bigfoot 25 RQ yesterday, so this will be my Swan Song post on the Escape Forum.
General impressions :
Fit and Finish is superb, a beautiful example of state of the Art fiberglass trailer manufacturing,.
I am camping where it’s very cold yesterday and today, the camper is excellent in cold weather, the floors are not frigid.
Electrical so far is solid, all circuits labeled and the indoor custom battery location is well done for my lithium battery. The converter wiring location could be neater as far as wiring. We have all seen that story before. However all systems and circuits work and were tested.

The Bigfoot is big frankly. I am towing it with an appropriate vehicle a 3/4 ton Ram and a equalizer hitch.
It tracks well and is stable as far as I towed it. Next month I’ll
Be towing it south so I’ll see how it does on the highway. Stability is very similar to the 21 c. So far.

I liked my Escape and the community surrounding it. It’s much sparser in the Bigfoot world. I appreciate all the help I got here and hope helped a few others. However it’s time to move on and explore the world of Bigfoot.

Thanks , I’m sure I’ll meet up with a few of the reprobates around a campfire someday. I’m the one usually on the fiddle.
Hopefully our paths will cross one day. Hoping for many fun and memorable adventures in your future...Bigfoots are great trailers.
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2022, 10:07 PM   #4

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
Bon voyage

And as long as I'm Frenching it,

bonne chance
HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2022, 10:32 PM   #5

Hey Tom
How about “laissez les bon temps rouler?”
Louis Jordan 1947
https://www.google.com/search?q=loui...id:Gxd5_TKivHE

Iowa Dave
Old 12-24-2022, 06:53 AM   #6

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
Oui, bien entendu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Hey Tom
How about “laissez les bon temps rouler?”
Louis Jordan 1947
https://www.google.com/search?q=loui...id:Gxd5_TKivHE

Iowa Dave
Yes, of course.
HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 03:51 PM   #7

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Hey Dave, bet you didn't know we have a member with an Escape named "Bon Temps" being short for "Laissez les bon temps roulez"
Attached Thumbnails
_JV22115.jpg  
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 04:09 PM   #8

Hi Adrian
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
I did not know that. I have filled my brain to about capacity with inconsequential trivia when I should have been learning valuable stuff. I was warned in about the fourth grade when the teacher gave us some free reading time and I brought a catalog to school that was full of traps, guns, knives, nets and other outdoor necessities. She did not think it was appropriate.
Along the line I did pick up enough education to get me by but usually relied on intuition, common sense and my boyish good looks.

Too late to start studying much now. Reading the classics didn’t teach me to read all that much better than reading Fur-Fish-Game magazine. I can say that because I did both.
We’re having a cold, clear day here today but “the Hawk” is still out there.
Iowa Dave
Old 12-24-2022, 06:05 PM   #9

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Congrats on your new trailer. I've looked at that particular model multiple times, both online and in person. I'd be very interested in knowing what the 1' difference in width is like when you're towing. There have been times when semis (or other large vehicles) are on both sides of me at once and it gets rather hairy, to say the least. I've wondered how that foot extra would be in situations like that.

Thanks
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 07:30 PM   #10

Trailer: 2021 5.0
Baskin-Robbins has many flavors, RV choice depend on what ones needs and wants are.
What I just did with an Escape the larger heavier campers would make things nearly impossible to accomplish.
All depends on what you want out of your camper, choose what fits you…
Ooshkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 07:42 PM   #11

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Congrats on your new trailer. I've looked at that particular model multiple times, both online and in person. I'd be very interested in knowing what the 1' difference in width is like when you're towing. There have been times when semis (or other large vehicles) are on both sides of me at once and it gets rather hairy, to say the least. I've wondered how that foot extra would be in situations like that.
Having owned a 25' Bigfoot and two other 8' wide campers it does make a serious difference. With our Escape I can get by without towing mirrors, but since I own a great set of slip-on mirrors I use them and appreciate the much better vision. With a full 8' wide trailer, I feel they are mandatory.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 12-24-2022, 07:52 PM   #12
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry Butler View Post
Having owned a 25' Bigfoot and two other 8' wide campers it does make a serious difference. With our Escape I can get by without towing mirrors, but since I own a great set of slip-on mirrors I use them and appreciate the much better vision. With a full 8' wide trailer, I feel they are mandatory.
OTOH, the full sized 250/350 class trucks needed to pull a larger Bigfoot almost certainly have large extendable towing mirrors as part of their towing package....
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 09:27 PM   #13

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
I have towed trailers from 6”8” wide to 9’ wide. The ease of towing, for me, really diminishes after 7’6”. Everyone has their tolerances, but our 7’ wide E19 is a breeze compared to the lighter, but wider 9’ sailboat trailer.
Old 12-24-2022, 10:19 PM   #14

Trailer: 2020 5.0TA
I forgot all about ffg magazine until I read your post. I loved that magazine, I
had a subscription to it when I was a kid.
Padre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 10:38 PM   #15

Though the world has changed , the FFG magazine is still a good magazine in my opinion. The only magazine I know of that does not advertise liquor tobacco, cars and trucks and the rest of the stuff that fills most magazines. I have a few issues from my first subscription in 1959-1960. The cover photography by Ozzie Sweet is classic on those. Kodachrome!
I taught my son to trap, hunt and fish. I have a grandson coming up that has a little blood sport lust in him. He will probably be my last student but it’s worth my time and his. Like a lot of things, there are everyday challenges that need adaptations to older techniques and teachings.
Iowa Dave
Old 12-25-2022, 03:08 PM   #16

Trailer: 2005 Scamp 16 SD (sold), 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
Hey Dave, bet you didn't know we have a member with an Escape named "Bon Temps" being short for "Laissez les bon temps roulez"
I know who and where that is.
Are you coming down this year? We finally got an Escape 2 years ago.
Old 12-26-2022, 04:47 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar1 View Post
I know who and where that is.
Are you coming down this year? We finally got an Escape 2 years ago.
Hi Dave and Marilyn

I doubt we'll ever get down to the southeast again. Last year we did Arizona and visited our family at Fort Leavenworth. If you recall they were at Fort Benning when we attended Green Eggs and Ham. This winter instead of driving five days to AZ we are flying five hours to Puerto Vallarta for two months, six of us, my sisters and their husbands. In two years our US family will be moving to CA so will be wanting to explore more of the southwest.

We just had a great celebration here with all three of our children, spouses, and nine grandchildren. Merry Christmas to you both.

I should have given credit for the photo in post #7, it was from Jon Vermilye's website.
Old 12-26-2022, 05:05 AM   #18
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
phew, 9 grankids in da house. My kids are 32 and 27, and I'm not sure when if ever we will see grand kids The 32 yr old had to leave his GF of 2 years in the UK when he moved back stateside, as she is a .RU citizen, and can't get a visa, but he's transitioning from 'postdoc researcher' to permanent employment, and his original goal of getting a tenure track professorship is looking increasingly unobtainable. The younger one is living in New Orleans and working on her career, which took a left turn from her Geology degree into biomed stuff.

but we didn't have our kids til we were nearly 40, so who knows...
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2022, 07:30 AM   #19

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
I spent the winter of '63 in Chicago, so I got to know "The Hawk."
Old 12-26-2022, 08:26 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
phew, 9 grankids in da house.
Well not quite John, our son in town with a bigger house than ours hosted the ON family and we had the KS family. We usually met at their house and yesterday we rented the local senior centre for present opening, games, dinner, etc.

Never say never for grandchildren. You never know...