First impressions 17B - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 08-15-2019, 03:04 PM   #21

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanark Camper View Post
thanks, very good looking product, only a 1/2 A draw, and waterproof, plus I can order it from Acklands-Grainger in Canada

I assume you just used one ?
I actually used two and have independent switches so I can run none, one or both. Honestly after insulating around my fridge and replacing the regulator (and confirming proper propane pressure...11" w.c. with 50% of trailer BTU's in use) I rarely use the fans. Installing the fans was part of a full court press to solve deficient cooling of the refrigerator in hot weather. I have succeeded.

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f9...tml#post217811
Old 09-10-2019, 07:32 PM   #22

Trailer: "SOJOURNER" a 2019 17B
Question

Quote:
Two items that I'll be changing are the battery disconnect switch and the position of the display for the surge protector. The issues with the battery disconnect switch have already been identified on this forum. I've ordered a rotary battery disconnect switch and I'll replace it as soon as it arrives. ….Bob
Bob,
I'll be picking up my 17B next month and have just decided to add a couple of items left off my build sheet that ETI can still add at this point.

Right now, I need to know what lies beneath the 2-person dinette. Is the battery (and the display) situated there, or is it beneath the 4-person dinette? What other items are below the 2-person dinette?

Thanks, and best wishes with all of the changes you'll be making.

Life is a journey, not a destination. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
brightday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 07:38 PM   #23

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
You'd be best to ask ETI these questions as they will be familiar with your build sheet. Also ETI has made changes. I can tell you that there is a metal box under the driver side front bench in my 2009 17B. I don't know what it does and it may not be in the same place in 2019.
My battery is on the back bumper. I'm guessing it's in the same place on your build, but maybe not.
Old 09-10-2019, 07:48 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
You'd be best to ask ETI these questions as they will be familiar with your build sheet. Also ETI has made changes. I can tell you that there is a metal box under the driver side front bench in my 2009 17B. I don't know what it does and it may not be in the same place in 2019.
My battery is on the back bumper. I'm guessing it's in the same place on your build, but maybe not.
I did ask ETI, but the rep failed to answer (overlooked) the question. I was thinking that, as Bob just picked up his 17B and was busy working out the bugs, he'd know. We'll see.

Old 09-10-2019, 08:10 PM   #25

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightday View Post
Bob,
I'll be picking up my 17B next month and have just decided to add a couple of items left off my build sheet that ETI can still add at this point.

Right now, I need to know what lies beneath the 2-person dinette. Is the battery (and the display) situated there, or is it beneath the 4-person dinette? What other items are below the 2-person dinette?

Thanks, and best wishes with all of the changes you'll be making.
You have the 2 6v batteries and solar? The dual 6v batteries are installed on the back bumper of the trailer - not in the trailer itself.

Below is a pic of the batteries from the Escape website.
Attached Thumbnails
dual_batteries.jpg  
Old 09-10-2019, 08:25 PM   #26

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
On the 17's, whether you have (2)6V or (1)12V battery, they're on the rear exterior. The converter (120V breaker panel/12V fuse array) is under the 4 person dinette so it's close to the battery(ies).
We have a 17A, (so a little different) the only thing under the front is a 4"x4" J-box on the floor that is the connection point for the umbilical from the 7-pin plug to your tow.
Attached Thumbnails
9-10-15--091.jpg   9-10-15--094.jpg  
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 10:28 AM   #27

Trailer: Escape 17B, July 2019
If you are getting the full time double bed (my arrangement) instead of the 4 person dinette, then the converter-power panel is located under the two person dinette on the passenger side, the 12 V disconnect switch, and 110V power conditioner are also located there.

With a 4 person dinette across the back it can all be located under the bench seat on drivers side. On both versions the pressure water pump and hot water tank are located on drivers side rear close to the galley bulkhead.

On the drivers side bench for two person dinette most of that is taken up with a portion of the black water tank. Still some good storage space though. I imagine its the same regardless of the bed/dinette option selected.

Good luck, enjoy the trailer, its great !

let me know if I can answer any other questions, Bob
Lanark Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 10:34 AM   #28

Quote:
With a 4 person dinette across the back it can all be located under the bench seat on drivers side. On both versions the pressure water pump and hot water tank are located on drivers side rear close to the galley bulkhead.

On the drivers side bench for two person dinette most of that is taken up with a portion of the black water tank. Still some good storage space though. I imagine its the same regardless of the bed/dinette option selected.

Good luck, enjoy the trailer, its great !

let me know if I can answer any other questions, Bob
Bob, I just made the final changes to my build sheet and am looking forward to exploring the continent! Enjoy your travels!

Old 09-11-2019, 09:08 PM   #29

Trailer: August 2017 17b
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjnuss View Post
Here is a pic of my simple solution for the battery disconnect (although this works it may not be a permanent solution). I took a pill container, cut the end off with a Dremel tool then drilled a hole in the top so it would fit over the threads of the switch. It's just the two of us and no pets so no-one else to accidentally turn the switch off.

Steve
Love it!
sumac.rhus is offline   Reply With Quote