First Year Report in our E21 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-15-2019, 04:37 PM   #1

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 2017 GMC Canyon Duramax Diesel
First Year Report in our E21

We are back home after our final trip of 2019. I was curious to review our use of our 2019 E21 in our first year of ownership. We picked up our trailer in Sumas on January 14th and immediately headed south on our first trip of the year. We did a total of 5 trips in the year, spending 176 nights in the trailer. We towed the trailer 11,105 miles and camped in 11 states, all west of the Mississippi River.

Our first year of ownership has been remarkably trouble free (knock on wood!) and is a credit to ETI. Problems encountered shortly after pick-up were minor: trailer floor had not been mopped before pickup (we had to buy a mop); the external satellite dish port which we had ordered was not installed in the build (owner installed later); the EMS voltage settings were not correctly adjusted at the factory (owner adjusted with help from email from Dave in Service); had to clean sail switch 2x during first few months of ownership (watched Reace video on YouTube); bolts holding down propane tank base were sheared off during construction (owner repaired but a bigger job- and I hope the guy who does this job at the factory turns down the air pressure on his wrench!). That's it.

Bottom line is we sure had a fun and virtually trouble-free year camping around the Western US in our Escape 21, towed by a GMC Canyon Duramax Diesel. We are looking forward to new adventures in 2020 and hope to make it to the East coast this year. We hear there are actually states East of the Mississippi River so we are going to check just to make sure they are still there! I hope other first year owners like us had a similar good experiences with their new Escape trailer.
Chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 07:17 AM   #2

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
It's really wonderful to hear from an owner that has his glass half full! I love your "That's it."

Like you, we've had our share of corrections, and have many fantastic memories of our first year (18,600 miles and 198 nights on the road). In January we'll start year two and we're chomping at the bit to get going.

Wishing you many more great experiences!

Perry
Old 03-01-2020, 03:00 PM   #3

Trailer: Looking to buy 2020 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chama View Post
We are back home after our final trip of 2019. I was curious to review our use of our 2019 E21 in our first year of ownership. We picked up our trailer in Sumas on January 14th and immediately headed south on our first trip of the year. We did a total of 5 trips in the year, spending 176 nights in the trailer. We towed the trailer 11,105 miles and camped in 11 states, all west of the Mississippi River.

Our first year of ownership has been remarkably trouble free (knock on wood!) and is a credit to ETI. Problems encountered shortly after pick-up were minor: trailer floor had not been mopped before pickup (we had to buy a mop); the external satellite dish port which we had ordered was not installed in the build (owner installed later); the EMS voltage settings were not correctly adjusted at the factory (owner adjusted with help from email from Dave in Service); had to clean sail switch 2x during first few months of ownership (watched Reace video on YouTube); bolts holding down propane tank base were sheared off during construction (owner repaired but a bigger job- and I hope the guy who does this job at the factory turns down the air pressure on his wrench!). That's it.

Bottom line is we sure had a fun and virtually trouble-free year camping around the Western US in our Escape 21, towed by a GMC Canyon Duramax Diesel. We are looking forward to new adventures in 2020 and hope to make it to the East coast this year. We hear there are actually states East of the Mississippi River so we are going to check just to make sure they are still there! I hope other first year owners like us had a similar good experiences with their new Escape trailer.

Please advise how you found sleeping in the bed, was it very snug....concerned it may be too small for us and our dog...ty
ChristineMcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 03:22 PM   #4

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryb67 View Post
It's really wonderful to hear from an owner that has his glass half full! I love your "That's it."

Like you, we've had our share of corrections, and have many fantastic memories of our first year (18,600 miles and 198 nights on the road). In January we'll start year two and we're chomping at the bit to get going.

Wishing you many more great experiences!

Perry
Considering what I heard from friends who bought a luxury RV-it spent months in the shop the first year or two- I think that's pretty darn good. Especially since one of the repairs was recalled wheel bolts that could fail and they couldn't go on a planned trip because they were not supposed to drive it until repaired.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote