Ford Pass Connect Wifi - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-28-2021, 12:46 PM   #1

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Ford Pass Connect Wifi

LSS-we activated for the first time our AT&T wifi in our Ford Expedition; they give you a free 3 month/3GB trial. What I found was in areas like Allen Springs cg at Camp Sherman, OR we got a better data signal than my WeBoost Drive Reach amp on Verizon. This wifi service is available on other makes/models too; wanted to let others know as I've not seen it mentioned here before. Was very easy to activate too on the dashboard of car.
Old 09-28-2021, 01:53 PM   #2

Trailer: 2021 21C
Good news that the AT&T Wi-Fi is working well. But I don't think it's a fair comparison because unless the Verizon and AT&T antennas are co-located on the same pole you are not comparing apples to apples. Many folks have both AT&T and Verizon and use the one that works the best in the particular location they are in.

2021 21C "Travels with Karma"
GMC Canyon Denali Turbodiesel Long-bed
DWM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 02:32 PM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Don- you're right and I should have better described the location. This is a place where nobody's cellphone works without a booster. The vehicle has an antenna and sometimes that is all you need to make a big difference. 20 years ago you could plug an antenna into the bottom of a Nokia phone, however am unaware of any smartphone on the market today where that is possible. To me- having been in the industry for 20 years it was a pleasant surprise to see it work so well there. Also, we could leave the car ACC on and get the wifi signal fine for up to 50 feet.