Full size suv you recommend? - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-18-2019, 08:58 PM   #41

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Ross,
Is the wheel and tire the same with what is on your vehicle? My spare is on a steel wheel and the tire is 17" although I have 20's on the truck. It says on tire temporary use only. I went out and bought a matching wheel and put on a matching tire and carry it in my truck bed. I'd be leary if the rim and tire does not match the other 4.
Jim
Aw Jeez- am gonna have to check again AM. Wish the SUV had stock 18" rims, however most have the 20" for the profit they generate($1K) option.
Old 09-18-2019, 09:18 PM   #42

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
note there's different generations of these, the first ones, 9I've heard a lot of horror stories about expensive engine problems with the early 'blutech' diesels starting circa 2009. mercedes diesels before blutech were excellent, and I've heard they've got the blutech systems sorted out now, but I'm not sure what years to avoid.

Son-in-law has MB 350 diesel. Spent $1,500 to replace a fuel hose.
A couple weeks later, my daughter scraped the passenger side to avoid an oncoming vehicle in a parking garage. Rear passenger door was dented and the rear quarter panel damaged. Repair estimate was $14,500 and there was discussion about writing off a $30,000 ( used value ) vehicle. It's in the shop for a month ( they say ).

She's driving a KIA rental.
Old 09-19-2019, 10:44 AM   #43

Trailer: 2024 Escape 23
RE the Durango - the engine is a 3.6 liter V6 with a tow capacity of 6,200 lbs. The window sticker doesn't say, but I believe it is a Pentastar .
GILLMOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 01:40 AM   #44

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaygee View Post
RE the Durango - the engine is a 3.6 liter V6 with a tow capacity of 6,200 lbs. The window sticker doesn't say, but I believe it is a Pentastar .
a couple years ago when i looked seriously at the durango - i swear it came with 2 differently sized engines......

Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 05:17 AM   #45
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
looks like there's been three generations of Durangos, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Durango

and around 13 engine variants. the current 3rd generation Durango (2011-now), per that article, has a 3.6 V8, 5.9 Hemi v8, and 6.4 hemi v8 in a special edition SRT, and is built on the same platform as the Jeep Grand Cherokee.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 07:40 AM   #46

Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA (sold) '13 Tundra DC 4.6 tow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Made me go out and check- it is a full-size spare on Expedition. Just turning 2K on trip odometer and in Utah and mostly Colorado this 3.5 EcoBoost engine is exceeding my wildest expectations. MPG: 14. Downhill braking: unreal. Pulling out into traffic is like a hot rod.
We met a couple yesterday at the local Bigfoot dealer who tow a BF 25 Rear Twin with the new Expedition. They love it and the BF is a much heavier trailer. My only concerns for their setup is the max hitch weight of 930 and how it performs down hill with that much weight. Your setup should be perfect.
Chuckster is offline   Reply With Quote