Gas Hose Cracking - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2023, 06:21 PM   #21

Trailer: 2013 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
The hose that runs from the regulator doesn’t have or Shouldn’t have as much stress on it as the curved little ones off the tank, but I would check it too. I had one tank hose crack on our 21 this past summer and I had not changed them since we got the trailer used so they were at least 5 years old. I changed them on the 19 the year we sold it. One was cracked so I changed them all and the regulator just for the hell of it.

We have a 500 gallon propane tank at the house but it’s all solid copper. Still I keep my eye on it. When we moved here the copper came off the tank and right through the concrete pad then underground to the house. You could see the corrosion (green) on the concrete. The propane guy said he asked the original owner to sleeve the line and the second owner too. I told him they were both idiots with a death wish. I borrowed an SD hammer and an inch and a quarter masonry bit. Drilled a hole through the 7 inch thick pad the tank sets on. Then the propane driver brought out his makeup kit and I carefully dug the line up with my trapping shovel and he sleeved the line with a piece of thick wall plastic I had. All fixed now for 16 years. I don’t take chances with gas, electricity or high pressure water. I will climb a tree at 75 though if I have to. I can’t tell you the brand of lines I bought but i got a Marshal regulator.
Bout all you can do is complain and replace them. Doubt Escape will reimburse you . Surprise me Karl.
Iowa Dave

Yes. when laying a LP gas line, I sleeved it in sch 80.
Chasing Trials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 09:37 PM   #22

Trailer: 2022 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyB View Post
The manufactured date on the tag was Jan 29, 2022.

Hopefully they will cover them under warranty and ship them quickly as we are planning a little quick camp out this coming weekend.

If not I will buy some Made in America hoses from MB Sturgis who builds them right here in St. Louis, MO.

FWIW, I had a defective propane regulator on my new 21C (very loud squeal when running). I emailed Escape about it, and they shipped me a whole new regulator assembly, no questions asked.

Hopefully, their good customer support continues, and they'd be willing to send you a couple of new hoses.
hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 12:00 AM   #23
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Bought this on Amazon 12/2015 for $49; now they're $83. Can get this on ebay for $52:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/266030488348
well, $62 including shipping.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 12:54 AM   #24

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
That's pretty shocking. Never heard of a hose failing that fast. I've seen lots of cracked hoses but they weren't leaking. Yours was so that's even worse.

Any info on the label that points out where they were made?

Ron
Hi Ron ! Really not unusual our 19 was from Nov 2013 and within a couple of months when she was new kept smelling gas . Took cover off and checked the pigtails and they were cracked too. Do not remember where they came from but one of the first fixes to the trailer , had to get new hoses . 😩Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 09:43 AM   #25

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Hi Pat, long time no see.

Some of this stuff seems to be luck of the draw. My 2014 E19 hoses were in perfect condition when I sold it.

But cracking within months of being new

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 10:58 AM   #26

Trailer: 2013 E19
Quote:
That's pretty shocking. Never heard of a hose failing that fast. I've seen lots of cracked hoses but they weren't leaking. Yours was so that's even worse.

Any info on the label that points out where they were made?

Ron

A few posts, point to maybe the need of better way to do inventory rotation? Or sitting in the sun from a window? I know it seems like plastics & rubber made in China smell bad, fail fast. I've tossed stuff because of the smell from day one.
Chasing Trials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 11:55 AM   #27

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Dustin at ETI emailed saying he will have two new ones shipped to me.

The cracked hoses were manufactured on Jan 29, 2022. One would hope they would last longer than one year from date of manufacturing.
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 12:12 PM   #28

Quote:
Hi Pat, long time no see.

Some of this stuff seems to be luck of the draw. My 2014 E19 hoses were in perfect condition when I sold it.

But cracking within months of being new

Ron
Guess just the luck of the draw . Never informed Escape about it just replaced . No biggie .
We are still doing . Couldn’t make it to Quartzite this year . Our little senior Buddy was not doing well and we couldn’t go far from home . He was almost 16 years . He gave it his all but lost his fight a week ago. We are all lost including the other pups but we do have wonderful memories . And he was the runt of his liter but checked out and was the best . Anyway hope we can meet up again in the near future . Take care and say hi to your better half . Pat
Old 03-07-2023, 12:49 PM   #29

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Guess just the luck of the draw . Never informed Escape about it just replaced . No biggie .
We are still doing . Couldn’t make it to Quartzite this year . Our little senior Buddy was not doing well and we couldn’t go far from home . He was almost 16 years . He gave it his all but lost his fight a week ago. We are all lost including the other pups but we do have wonderful memories . And he was the runt of his liter but checked out and was the best . Anyway hope we can meet up again in the near future . Take care and say hi to your better half . Pat
We don’t mean to hijack this thread, but want to extend our very sincere condolences for your pup moving over the rainbow bridge. Some folks don’t get it, but for others like us we know our good girls and good boys are very much part of our families. Still miss ours so much.
YakRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 12:55 PM   #30

Trailer: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Just remember all the wonderful silly happy times he gave you and he will always be there for you .
Sorry for the hijack
Old 03-07-2023, 02:34 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakRV View Post
We don’t mean to hijack this thread, but want to extend our very sincere condolences for your pup moving over the rainbow bridge. Some folks don’t get it, but for others like us we know our good girls and good boys are very much part of our families. Still miss ours so much.
Thankyou so much for your kind words and truth be told I think I hijacked the thread ! Yes Buddy was our family even after 5 kids I raised don’t need to tell you all the unconditional love our pups give but I still love my kids too ! 😊Pat Buddy is the little white fellow all 7 lbs
Attached Thumbnails
22EE67F0-B011-40FB-A3E5-CCE22B2EE4FA.jpg  
Old 03-07-2023, 02:36 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockhead View Post
Just remember all the wonderful silly happy times he gave you and he will always be there for you .
Sorry for the hijack
No need to say your sorry really appreciate your kinds words ! 😊Pat
Old 03-10-2023, 09:57 PM   #33

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
Marshall-Excelsior does have stainless pigtails made in USA, but they are 15" long, which is just too long for a double tank setup with the regulator between the tanks like ours.
I purchased 20" pigtails for our 5.0, didn't have to fight to screw them to the tank, and felt they were just the right length.

Food for thought,

Perry
Old 03-11-2023, 04:15 AM   #34

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Can not match Dustin's enthusiasm to help with your Escape....he is an asset to the factory...
Old 03-15-2023, 10:43 AM   #35

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Hi Dave,
As the guy that bought your 19, I appreciate that step. Best check them before rolling this summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
The hose that runs from the regulator doesn’t have or Shouldn’t have as much stress on it as the curved little ones off the tank, but I would check it too. I had one tank hose crack on our 21 this past summer and I had not changed them since we got the trailer used so they were at least 5 years old. I changed them on the 19 the year we sold it. One was cracked so I changed them all and the regulator just for the hell of it.

We have a 500 gallon propane tank at the house but it’s all solid copper. Still I keep my eye on it. When we moved here the copper came off the tank and right through the concrete pad then underground to the house. You could see the corrosion (green) on the concrete. The propane guy said he asked the original owner to sleeve the line and the second owner too. I told him they were both idiots with a death wish. I borrowed an SD hammer and an inch and a quarter masonry bit. Drilled a hole through the 7 inch thick pad the tank sets on. Then the propane driver brought out his makeup kit and I carefully dug the line up with my trapping shovel and he sleeved the line with a piece of thick wall plastic I had. All fixed now for 16 years. I don’t take chances with gas, electricity or high pressure water. I will climb a tree at 75 though if I have to. I can’t tell you the brand of lines I bought but i got a Marshal regulator.
Bout all you can do is complain and replace them. Doubt Escape will reimburse you . Surprise me Karl.
Iowa Dave
gwolfe@wvi.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 05:37 PM   #36

Trailer: 2014 15B Escape Trailer
I have a 2014 Escape and my hoses started to crack a year or two ago but up until not enough to need replacing. I ordered online from Prairie Bearing & Bolt out of Canada. The hose including shipping cost $41 Canadian Dollars and I received it here in Cali within a week of ordering
https://prairiebearingshop.com/1-4-x...y-i4c24fp4mp4/
California Dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 06:50 PM   #37

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Rollin rollin rollin Rawhide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwolfe@wvi.com View Post
Hi Dave,
As the guy that bought your 19, I appreciate that step. Best check them before rolling this summer.
Hi Glenn, hope you’re doing well. I’ve been listening to your uncle’s music this winter and it’s timeless. I will do a little vocalizing when I hear that St. Louis Blues. I hate to see that evening sun go down. All our best always.
Iowa Dave
Old 03-31-2023, 04:22 PM   #38

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19' on order
I picked up my 19 in October of 2018. I had to replace my propane hoses in August of 2019 due to cracking. That set lasted longer than OEM but are now showing cracks and need replacing too. Hopefully third times a charm!
Onestep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 06:37 PM   #39

Trailer: 2022 Escape 21C
Yup, me too. I was just getting ready for the first big trip of the spring, and noticed my eight month old propane hoses are already cracking. Bummer!
hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 07:47 AM   #40

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I'd better check mine.....