Goldilocks - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 10-29-2010, 08:09 AM   #1

Goldilocks

After owning a 17' Casita and a 21' Big Foot, we found what Goldilocks was looking for, a trailer that is "just right". We placed our order for the 19' Escape and wish to thank Eric and Mary for graciously showing us their 17' Escape and Paul for doing the same with his 19' trailer. We also want to commend all the loyal folks on this forum who have written so glowingly of their Escape trailers. There is something special about fiberglass trailer owners in general and Escape owners in particular. Now the long wait begins. David and Cathy
Old 10-29-2010, 08:32 AM   #2

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Re: Goldilocks

You are more than welcome, it was great to meet you. The wait is long, but soon it is over and the trailer is ready. Now you can spend all your time deciding on which options are perfect for you. And welcome to the Cheesehead Contingent of the Forum!

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:49 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014

Welcome to the Cheesehead contigent. Glad to hear of your purchase. If you like camping you will like it even more in your Escape.

Cheesehead No. 3
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 03:04 AM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4

Hi: davidww...and welcome. Sorry about the wait period. You will just have to "Bear" with Escape while they get it..."just right"!!! Alf p.s. Yes we are "particular".
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 11:08 PM   #5

To DavidWW:
We have been in the same "boat" being owners of 5 different sized Bigfoots plus several other brands, I just didn't put the term "just right" on it. We too have a 19 ft Escape coming in less than 2 weeks after selling our last 21 ft. Bigfoot in early summer. After we read your post you hit the nail on the head with your term of "just right, like Goldilocks." That is it exactly! Not too heavy- not too long- and having all the same comforts plus more available to us in our new 19 ft. Escape. The waiting time is hard but we feel ( like many others) entirely worth it. I'm calling this trailer " The Keeper", since we have a reputation of changing trailers because something isn't exactly just right for us.... not this time... this is my Keeper.
trlqwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:49 AM   #6

To triqwen, Been unsuccessful trying to reply to your personal message so I am back on the forum. Wow, but you are certainly customizing your trailer. Thanks for the tips. I have a question on the TV arm and wondering where it is mounted. We hope we can see the TV from both the dinette and the bed like we could in the Big Foot. Is that possible? David
Old 11-03-2010, 10:58 AM   #7

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna

Welcome from the California Contingent! You will be most happy with your choice. The hardest part is figuring out what modifications you want/need.