Great Company. Great Forum. - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 01-30-2018, 08:40 AM   #1

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21
Great Company. Great Forum.

My wife and I signed our finale build sheet yesterday for our 21. The build sheet is very different than our first rough draft build sheet when we placed our order 4 months ago. We are so appreciative of both ETI and members of this forum for their help in this process.

ETI: In a world where customer service seems like a thing of the past ETI was outstanding during this build sheet process. With all my calls and emails to them they never made me feel like I was bothering them. Even when they told me "no" to a build request they explained why they could not do it. Fortunately we got a lot more yes's than no's from ETI.

Forum: This forum has not only helped us in the build sheet process but it has also made it an enjoyable part of our experience in buying an Escape trailer. My wife thinks I was a little too obsessed with this forum over the past 4 months. It kinda became my hobby. Now what am I going to do? From our first introduction, forum members where offering to share their build sheets and build experiences with us. We particularly appreciate some of you long time forum members. It must get old when every time someone orders a new Escape they come on this forum and start asking the same questions. Thank you for taking the time to answer these questions again and again. Now we can't wait until May! Hopefully we will get to meet some of you at the Escape Rally in May an thank you in person.
Old 01-30-2018, 08:50 AM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
You can start the countdown clock now and justify continued participation as a way to plan your future modifications to your new home on wheels.
Old 01-30-2018, 08:55 AM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Hi: matt... When we bought our first 5.0 even though used we were accepted like family by Reace and Tammy. GM OTOH didn't!!! When the paint came off the tug, we were brushed off by them.(Pun intended) Win some lose some!!!
This forum didn't exist but I was one of the first posters here. Even though it seems to have digressed some I'm glad it has helped you in the order of things ETI. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 09:46 AM   #4

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt View Post

My wife thinks I was a little too obsessed with this forum over the past 4 months. It kinda became my hobby. Now what am I going to do? .
LOL! This seems to be a common “family joke”, Matt. Debbie teases me all the time. Hopefully you will continue your participation, as the learning is just beginning. There continues to be so much to learn and so much information available at your fingertips. You never know when an interesting story line will turn into learning experience. I like to keep track of favorite campgrounds and positive product reviews. I never know when I might ‘need’ something.

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 09:58 AM   #5

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Obsessed with the forum! Now who could that be? Likely most of us.

Beth used to complain I spent too much time on the forum with my "imaginary friends." She also was not into rallies. Now we've met many of those friends and attended rallies which she loves doing, she is totally fine with the forum and the time I spend on it, and she also is quite obsessed with it as well

Adrian (and Beth)
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 10:11 AM   #6

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
We all started off as "newbies" to Escape at some point. After looking and reading up on other fiberglass trailers, I also discovered Escape and the forum. Going from 50 years of tenting to an Escape 19 was a huge jump. I soon realized that Escape had "raving fans" instead of "satisfied customers." Even after picking up the Escape in May of 2014, I continue to stay in touch on the forum. Sometimes to ask questions of others, and other times to answer others questions. We share great interest on all things Escape & camping. Enjoy your new Escape!
Old 01-30-2018, 10:28 AM   #7

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Matt, you expressed exactly what I have experienced here. I can only imagine how often the "long timers" have read and answered the same questions. The existence of this forum has helped so much! Having purchased a trailer from a dealer, I can say there is NO comparison.

escape artist, I see that you have been "here" almost ten years. That's dedication!
Old 01-30-2018, 11:00 AM   #8

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
and one day, hopefully not too soon, those of us who are aging and can no longer read nor sit for long periods of time, we can pass the reigns over to the younger crowd, who will then be just like us and there will be another newbe class starting....and yearning to learn.
Old 01-30-2018, 03:21 PM   #9
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Congrats Matt! Yes, it does become sort of a hobby. It's good to hear you found the forum as helpful as we did during the purchase process.
Old 01-31-2018, 02:31 PM   #10

Trailer: Escape 21 2018 "Gypsy Cat"
As a family with a 21 entering production in the next few days, we'd like to echo the comments from Matt, Mary and h20wmn regarding the excellent customer service at Escape and THANK forum members (especially those with a long-term presence) for all the wonderful, detailed advice... We are especially grateful for the willingness of forum members to post detailed photos of modification and provide ongoing evaluations of their experiences. And we thank those who shared their build sheets.

Yes!, the forum seems to become another hobby: we know lots more about barbecues, closet storage, dinette tables, tires, hitches, RV refrigerators, RV locks,solar panels, shunt resistors, etc., than we ever did... Over the years, we've built two semi-custom homes from the ground up, and the ability to discover and specify build details for these trailers is similarly satisfying.

A genuine interest in helping other forum members solve new problems is also evident...

We would also like to thank the attendees of the 2017 Mississippi River Rendezvous for their willingness to show their trailers and share their expertise. And thank you to Paul and Janet Braun and others for organizing the event. We hope to see you there in 2018...

Claude & Elaine
MadCAT3 is offline   Reply With Quote