Hallway dimension for 19' - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 01-21-2014, 08:23 PM   #1

Trailer: 2014 19' hatch date Feb. 27
Hallway dimension for 19'

Exploring hallway runners before trailer delivery. Could anyone supply us with the hallway dimensions for the 19'
ADKzookeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:45 PM   #2

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
The widest part of the hallway is 2'11" with a 3" jog at the bathroom (2'8" to kitchen cabinet there.)

The hallway length from the bed end to where the dinette starts is 6'9"

Doorway measurement from end of dinette bench to side of kitchen cabinet is 2'9" and then 4' from the door to the bathroom wall.

Hope this helps!
Glennrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:19 PM   #3

Wow, I'm "floored" by your quick response! I just sketched out the measurements on the 19's floor plan layout and it is perfectly clear. We are so excited to be getting this trailer, and the winter is so long, that cabin fever has set in. So what better time is there to begin to plan for some accessories. Might even be able to take advantage of some sales. I assume most people have a mat just inside the door, does it catch on the bench door when it opens? It looks like there is a lip on the bottom of the bench opening. So maybe the door is hung higher so there is a bit of ground clearance?
Thanks so much!
Lynn
Old 01-21-2014, 10:29 PM   #4

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Yes, there is clearance under the bench cabinet door. More than enough for a mat.

2013 Escape 19 ("The Dog House") , 2018 Ford F150
dbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:33 PM   #5
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
From someone who has read hundreds of threads over the years... make certain ANYTHING you put inside the doorway is completely waterproof. No towels, no carpet. Protect that floor area from mositure from your shoes. I haven't read where anyone talks about replacing that floor area in an Escape. Which MAY be because the trailer brand is too new, owners take care of maintenance issues OR because the floor is vinyl vs carpet... but, still...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:13 AM   #6

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
We're pretty anal about water on the floors in our Starcraft. When replacing the floor due to a bad hose connection I noticed the plywood in the area around the door was black, this at the 8 year mark. While not rotted, yet, it was working on it. You may well be right about it being too soon for Escapes to show any problems. We have/had vinyl floors, water still gets in around the edge and at any screw holes through the vinyl and threshold, if Escape uses such. I'm hoping Escapes are different.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:37 AM   #7

Is it mostly the entrance that you need to be concerned about, or the whole trailer floor? They are a bit expensive, but I'm looking at the LL Bean water hog mats or something similar for the door entrance. I'd rather spend a bit more $ on mats than the anguish of having to replace flooring at a later date. With dogs and the fact that we do not let rain and mud keep us from recreating, we are sure to have a lot of that in our future!

Lynn
Old 01-22-2014, 11:45 AM   #8

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
More important is a rug outside the door or mat to remove most of the dry dirt and we remove our shoes if covered with snow outside while standing on a mat. We also use a patio mat in the winter outside to keep dirt and wetness at bay.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:36 PM   #9

Has anyone purchased the wrap around stair cover from ETI and what do they think of it after using it.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:06 PM   #10

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADKzookeeper View Post
Is it mostly the entrance that you need to be concerned about, or the whole trailer floor? They are a bit expensive, but I'm looking at the LL Bean water hog mats or something similar for the door entrance. I'd rather spend a bit more $ on mats than the anguish of having to replace flooring at a later date. With dogs and the fact that we do not let rain and mud keep us from recreating, we are sure to have a lot of that in our future!

Lynn
We haven't picked our 19' up yet, but our daughters thought ahead and gave us one of these LL Bean water hog mats for Christmas. Definitely looks like it will keep the entrance floor dry! Also, after reading the forum, we purchased a CGear Sand-Free Multimat for the outside. We have a good size pile of "stuff" waiting to put into the Escape!
Old 01-22-2014, 07:58 PM   #11

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15B - 2014 Nissan Frontier SL
We use a wrap around step cover that effectively removes a lot of stuff from our feet. We like it. Inside we have a boot tray on which we take off our camping shoes and pad around in the trailer without shoes. It is our preference and keeps the small trailer cleaner. Since we installed FLOR carpet, it would be difficult to clean the carpet while traveling so we just wear our socks inside.
techfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:44 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstock11 View Post
We haven't picked our 19' up yet, but our daughters thought ahead and gave us one of these LL Bean water hog mats for Christmas. Definitely looks like it will keep the entrance floor dry! Also, after reading the forum, we purchased a CGear Sand-Free Multimat for the outside. We have a good size pile of "stuff" waiting to put into the Escape!
Our pile is just beginning. Right now our pile resides in the photos section on our iPads. Now that we have officially signed off on our build sheet and almost have our decal designs done, it's time to move on to the accessorizing stage............not sure if this forum has been a help or a hinderance in that respect if you know what I mean!

I do like how the water hog mat is designed to hold moisture and even though we intend to invest in a larger outside mat from what we currently have, I am of the opinion that multiple levels of dirt/water collection is the way to go! In a driving wind/rainstorm, you may not loiter too long outside trying to get your boots off!

Lynn
Old 01-22-2014, 09:39 PM   #13
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I cheaped out on my Scamp and found the perfect carpet/floor protector for me. Cut a chunk as needed. Anchor it down at the door by unscrewing the threadshold a bit, shove it under. DONE. Lay a towel on top for wiping shoes (I live in the Pacific NorthWET) and the rest of the carpet in the trailer stays dry. (Who in their right mind puts wall-to-wall carpet in a travel trailer where it's WET?) Shop 27-in W x 72-in L Clear Runner at Lowes.com=
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 12:48 AM   #14

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
We have the 6 x 9 reversible outdoor mat from Escape. It's good for all the pine needles and leaves etc that come into our screen room, but the best thing we bought was a "Miracle Mat" from Costco in Portland when we passed through. The mat absorbs dirt, mud & water quickly & efficiently.

It was an impulse buy that has turned out to be an excellent purchase. Can't find them up here so are looking forward to our next trip down so we can buy more for every outside door in our house.
Glennrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:54 AM   #15

Trailer: 2014 19. Birthing date June 23
We are pickingup our 19 in June can you share the dimension of the door mat u purchased.
Thanks
PAB4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:56 AM   #16

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstock11 View Post
You sound like us! We're thinking we need to rent a U Haul just to get all our "stuff" up to Chilliwack to pick up our trailer.
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 12:06 PM   #17

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAB4 View Post
We are pickingup our 19 in June can you share the dimension of the door mat u purchased.
Thanks
The Miracle Mat web site (Golden West Marketing - Home Goods - Miracle Door Mat) has a list of their Costco Road Shows and the dimensions of their mats.
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 12:38 PM   #18

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15B - 2014 Nissan Frontier SL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I cheaped out on my Scamp and found the perfect carpet/floor protector for me. Cut a chunk as needed. Anchor it down at the door by unscrewing the threadshold a bit, shove it under. DONE. Lay a towel on top for wiping shoes (I live in the Pacific NorthWET) and the rest of the carpet in the trailer stays dry. (Who in their right mind puts wall-to-wall carpet in a travel trailer where it's WET?) Shop 27-in W x 72-in L Clear Runner at Lowes.com=
Uh, we did. The boot tray holds the wet shoes and our thick wool socks keep our feet warm padding around the trailer. Admittedly, FLOR carpet tiles are water resistant and can be taken up if there is a major occurrence.
techfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:19 PM   #19

Trailer: "Teachers' Pet" our 2014 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennrose View Post
We have the 6 x 9 reversible outdoor mat from Escape. It's good for all the pine needles and leaves etc that come into our screen room, but the best thing we bought was a "Miracle Mat" from Costco in Portland when we passed through. The mat absorbs dirt, mud & water quickly & efficiently.

It was an impulse buy that has turned out to be an excellent purchase. Can't find them up here so are looking forward to our next trip down so we can buy more for every outside door in our house.
We bought a Miracle Mat several years ago for our pop up. It doesn't roll up on the edges like our first mat, it absorbs the mud and water, and can be machine washed when needed. We will be using it in our 19' along with a second Miracle Mat for in front of the cooking area. Highly recommended by my fussy wife.

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.
nealmccarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 07:37 PM   #20

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
I found this runner at Costco recently. $19.95.
Attached Thumbnails
rug1a.jpg