Hanging out in Quality Control - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-08-2020, 02:40 PM   #1

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19 (June 2020..hopefully)
Hanging out in Quality Control

I was just wondering if anyone else had their build delayed in quality control. My first build pics were sent 6/11 and my last ones were 6/17. Thanks!
Allswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 02:50 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
What makes you think QC is holding it up? Maybe there is a parts shortage (like a fridge, furnace, etc.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 03:25 PM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
And there's been times when the photos didn't come regularly. A phone call to ETI would confirm the status of your build.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 03:31 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tractors1 View Post
What makes you think QC is holding it up? Maybe there is a parts shortage (like a fridge, furnace, etc.
When I first asked, they did say they were waiting for a part. I contacted them a few weeks later and it was in quality control. About a week ago, I was told it was still there because of possibly carpentry or cushions but they weren't sure. I probably could've found out, but didn't press it. The estimate now is another few weeks. I'm confident they won't deliver it until it has all the right parts and passes quality control, but I was just curious if others are experiencing any delays.
Old 07-08-2020, 04:05 PM   #5

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
In case anyone forgets, we are still in a pandemic where things are not as they should be and supply and demand are both out of whack as are deliveries. People are still getting sick and dying, all over the world. I'd be happy if I was just told the month of completion.
Old 07-08-2020, 07:07 PM   #6

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21, 1977 Scamp 13
Our new 21 was scheduled to be completed April 30 and at first, it was being built right on schedule. I was getting regular photos almost daily and then they stopped. I called and they indicated that it was in quality control. I asked for a couple of exterior photos and some of the cushions. They responded right away and let me know that they were waiting on the cushions and that they would get me photos the next day. The picture showed the exterior of the trailer and you could see where they had gone around and marked up areas that needed final detailing or attention.

It was finished on May 20, so between Covid delays, reduced workforce and a week or so in QC, I think they did an awesome job. I finally got around to putting the first coat of wax on it today and I have to say I am impressed with the quality/fit and finish. The only issue I have found is one of the rain guards over the windows was not adhered all the way, but that is an easy fix. This is the third new camper we have purchased since 2017 and it is miles and miles ahead of Jayco or Forest river on QC. I am glad they took the extra time to make sure it was right. You will be too.
tburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 07:16 PM   #7

Tom.
Re; the window guards issue, were they coming off or another issue. They do not cover the entire top, just maybe the hinge part or 85% of the top, a little different than the E-Z Gutters people install.
Old 07-08-2020, 07:47 PM   #8

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21, 1977 Scamp 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Tom.
Re; the window guards issue, were they coming off or another issue. They do not cover the entire top, just maybe the hinge part or 85% of the top, a little different than the E-Z Gutters people install.
One end is loose and you can see where the tape didn't adhere. No biggie, I'll take it off and replace the tape.
tburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 08:01 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tburt View Post
Our new 21 was scheduled to be completed April 30 and at first, it was being built right on schedule. I was getting regular photos almost daily and then they stopped. I called and they indicated that it was in quality control. I asked for a couple of exterior photos and some of the cushions. They responded right away and let me know that they were waiting on the cushions and that they would get me photos the next day. The picture showed the exterior of the trailer and you could see where they had gone around and marked up areas that needed final detailing or attention.

It was finished on May 20, so between Covid delays, reduced workforce and a week or so in QC, I think they did an awesome job. I finally got around to putting the first coat of wax on it today and I have to say I am impressed with the quality/fit and finish. The only issue I have found is one of the rain guards over the windows was not adhered all the way, but that is an easy fix. This is the third new camper we have purchased since 2017 and it is miles and miles ahead of Jayco or Forest river on QC. I am glad they took the extra time to make sure it was right. You will be too.
Thanks so much for sharing your experience. Sounds like what's going on with my trailer. I was just feeling bad asking them again so I was hoping someone on this forum could clue me in. I'm a newbie so it's great to hear your take on the quality since you have experience with travel trailers. I agree with you....I'm all for them taking as long as they need. I'm in no rush.

It is incredible that they've been able to stay so close to schedule. I expected more extended delays. The build start date was what they quoted way back in March (seems like a life-time ago) which really surprised me. It's also great they are willing to store it without cost for a few months. I'm probably looking at an August pick-up date, but don't feel I have to rush it.
Old 07-08-2020, 08:06 PM   #10

Trailer: Escape #2 On The Way
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allswell View Post
I was just wondering if anyone else had their build delayed in quality control. My first build pics were sent 6/11 and my last ones were 6/17. Thanks!
Just out of curiosity, were you not given a pick up date? Just wondering what you’d do if you had campgrounds booked or had to travel to pick up. It’d be difficult to plan if you weren’t given a date.
Bakes99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 08:12 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes99 View Post
Just out of curiosity, were you not given a pick up date? Just wondering what you’d do if you had campgrounds booked or had to travel to pick up. It’d be difficult to plan if you weren’t given a date.
The tentative completion date was 6/19, but they did say to plan for a possible delays since they weren't sure about employee attendance or supply issues. I live real close to the Canadian border so I don't have to worry about booking camping sites along an extended route. I believe they will store a completed trailer for up to 3 months without charge which may help with planning.
Old 07-08-2020, 11:29 PM   #12
Ops

Trailer: 2020 - 21NE "JoMoE" (Just our Means of Escape)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
In case anyone forgets, we are still in a pandemic where things are not as they should be and supply and demand are both out of whack as are deliveries.
My wife and I have developed a love for a specific blend of coffee. As this damn-demic persisted, I noticed that various retailers were running short of our much loved morning coffee.
As things progressed ever deeper into this damn-demic, shortages were noted here and there. And then...our main provider didn't have said coffee. After checking with an alternate 'supplier' we could see that the price was going up and that the product was becoming scarce.
Consumables like toilet paper and other common goods were not hoarded...but OUR wake up coffee...that has been another topic altogether.
The supply chains are under stress.
So buy your favourite coffee, beer and liquor.
It's better than gold come the apocalypse:laug h:

As for our 2020 21NE...it was roughly 5 weeks from its original birthday. No biggee from our perspective since we only had to board a ferry and return.

We're all dealing with this, but like our BC beloved Dr. Bonnie says "be kind, be calm and be safe"...
Ops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 07:41 AM   #13

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allswell View Post
I believe they will store a completed trailer for up to 3 months without charge which may help with planning.
This is a very good thing to remember, and maybe plan around, especially given all the conditions Escape is dealing with at this time. I understand that many folks are just eager to get their new trailer, but a few weeks buffer time is not that big of a deal in most cases.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 08:50 AM   #14

Agreed and for those planning on winter 2021 dates, free storage until May and then pick up during the rally week, best way to do it, a trip to Chilliwack and Osoyoos all within a week....
Old 07-09-2020, 09:14 AM   #15

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
If there is a rally.
Old 07-09-2020, 12:12 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
If there is a rally.
Someone has to be an optimist........