Help us with this decision? - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-05-2016, 11:19 PM   #81
Senior Member
 
sclifrickson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Port Townsend, Washington
Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
Posts: 1,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
Those who omit the hood - or go with the stainless version - and are feeling magnet-deprived can add a steel panel to the refrigerator door.

That's what we did. I removed the factory oak trim piece and replaced with a piece of galvanized steel from Home Depot that I cut to the same size. I added a backer sheet of plastic to bring it closer to original thickness and also added a stick-on whiteboard sheet, so now we have a magnetic whiteboard fridge! I used this stuff from the Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009M3EIAY..._lrjJwbY8XYCHQ

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452053912.896683.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	359.5 KB
ID:	14461
__________________

__________________
💩-p+☕️+n
sclifrickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 11:26 PM   #82
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Posts: 14,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by sclifrickson View Post
I removed the factory oak trim piece and replaced with a piece of galvanized steel from Home Depot that I cut to the same size. I added a backer sheet of plastic to bring it closer to original thickness and also added a stick-on whiteboard sheet, so now we have a magnetic whiteboard fridge! I used this stuff from the Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009M3EIAY..._lrjJwbY8XYCHQ
Nice work!
__________________

Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 01:18 AM   #83
Senior Member
 
Sandra L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Antelope, California
Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
Posts: 1,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by sclifrickson View Post
That's what we did. I removed the factory oak trim piece and replaced with a piece of galvanized steel from Home Depot that I cut to the same size. I added a backer sheet of plastic to bring it closer to original thickness and also added a stick-on whiteboard sheet, so now we have a magnetic whiteboard fridge! I used this stuff from the Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009M3EIAY..._lrjJwbY8XYCHQ

Attachment 14461
Clever! What did you do for the door handle? Looks substantial.
__________________
Peace and Sunshine
Sandra L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 01:24 AM   #84
Senior Member
 
sclifrickson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Port Townsend, Washington
Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
Posts: 1,584
Door handle is this one:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000S8O9ME..._fqGJwbJEZ7861

But I'm still in search of a satisfactory attachment method.
__________________
💩-p+☕️+n
sclifrickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 11:44 AM   #85
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Yellow Springs, Ohio
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
Posts: 688
We cook inside a lot, including boiling water for pasta, etc. I also think the hood vent is a bit weak, especially compared to the noise it makes. We often run the ceiling fan in push mode so it helps encourage the cooking steam, etc. to exit through the vent hood. Seems to help quite a bit.
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 11:49 AM   #86
Site Team
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Central, Pennsylvania
Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Posts: 26,020
another advantage of the hood, for those without the kitchen awning style window, is the ability to clip open the vent flap and use the MaxxFan on rainy days for some air circulation.
__________________
Jim
Sometime life gets in the way of living.......
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 12:30 PM   #87
Senior Member
 
Ron in BC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North Van., British Columbia
Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Posts: 7,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
I also think the hood vent is a bit weak, especially compared to the noise it makes. We often run the ceiling fan in push mode so it helps encourage the cooking steam, etc. to exit through the vent hood.
Yes, barely able to push the outside flap open. We clothes peg it open, works much better. Also serves as a reminder to lock the flap before heading off.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 02:38 PM   #88
Senior Member
 
LeonW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Posts: 1,153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Yes, barely able to push the outside flap open. We clothes peg it open, works much better. Also serves as a reminder to lock the flap before heading off.

Ron
Ron, Thanks for the idea. I think this is a good one since I am always forgetting to relatch the flap.
__________________
Camping: Where you spend a small fortune to live like a homeless person.
LeonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 03:27 PM   #89
Senior Member
 
Sandra L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Antelope, California
Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
Posts: 1,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by sclifrickson View Post
Door handle is this one:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000S8O9ME..._fqGJwbJEZ7861

But I'm still in search of a satisfactory attachment method.
Does the suction give way?
__________________
Peace and Sunshine
Sandra L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 03:29 PM   #90
Senior Member
 
Sandra L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Antelope, California
Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
Posts: 1,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonW View Post
Ron, Thanks for the idea. I think this is a good one since I am always forgetting to relatch the flap.
Thanks.
Good idea!
__________________
Peace and Sunshine
Sandra L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 04:10 PM   #91
Senior Member
 
KarenH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bellingham and Glacier, Washington
Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Posts: 2,032
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by sclifrickson View Post
Door handle is this one:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000S8O9ME..._fqGJwbJEZ7861

But I'm still in search of a satisfactory attachment method.
That is similar to the door handle I used on the outside door. (I have since moved it to where the arrows are.) The suction on the door is tight, tight, tight, although one does have to find a sweet spot that isn't curved too much. It's the best modification I've done to my trailer as this handle is much more intuitive to use upon egress and to grab when shutting the door.
Attached Thumbnails
Door Handle-001.JPG  
__________________
Karen Hulford
2013 Escape 15A, "Egbert"
Ford 150 XLT 5.8L
Bellingham, Washington
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 05:30 PM   #92
Senior Member
 
sclifrickson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Port Townsend, Washington
Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
Posts: 1,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra L View Post
Does the suction give way?

Yes, it does in that location. I'm currently trying it with VHB on the cups. We'll see if that lasts...
__________________

__________________
💩-p+☕️+n
sclifrickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.
×