Help with new trailer - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 08-04-2019, 12:19 AM   #1

Trailer: 19 foot
Help with new trailer

Just picked up our new 19 foot
And already got pluming leaks very first day out, but I think I can fix that problem. My question is how long does it take the fridge to cool down ? We been plugged up for 4-5 hours and it’s has not changed. All the lights are on just don’t seem to be cooling.
Czechhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 12:27 AM   #2

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Do you have and are you using a water pressure regulator? You don't say if you are on city water or using the pump and fresh water tank. That would help us to help you.
As for the fridge, what is the model number? Are you cooling on propane, AC or ( I hope not ) DC. It takes a long time for the fridge to cool, especially if you have filled it with warm foods and drinks. How are you monitoring the temp? If you are opening the fridge to check, it will never cool. I use a remote indoor/outdoor thermometer.
Old 08-04-2019, 12:41 AM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19'
If you want to check fridge operation accurately, get a fridge thermometer. When the fridge is starting to cool, it does not feel cold yet. A thermometer helps to confirm that it has started to cool.

The fridges do take a number of hours to cool down. The freezer section cools first, as it is the first part of the cooling element. Once it has cooled, the the fridge section starts cooling more rapidly. If it is warm out, it could take 10+ hours to have the fridge cool before you can start putting things in it. We usually start it the day before we leave to go camping to cool overnight, before loading it up in the morning.
KirkB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 12:44 AM   #4

Trailer: 19 foot
Sorry the leak is on the sink drain pipe
I will take it apart tomorrow and redo

Running the fridge on AC all the lights are on. The model I will have to look when I get back it’s the smaller one for the 19 foot.
Czechhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 12:47 AM   #5

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I can't help since my trailer is ten years old, but with that additional info, others will chime in soon.
Old 08-04-2019, 01:30 AM   #6

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
We had a leak also in the kitchen drain pipe the first night. We called ETI and took it back, we were camped close by in Maple Falls,WA. Our issue was a flat washer in the drain pipe was not seated completely. I was sure we could have fixed it but being close made us feel better that it would be fixed correctly the first time. Also gave us more practice moving the 5.0.
Ellen Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 06:27 AM   #7

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Think they need to have a talk with their sink installer.

I leave my bigger fridge on overnight to cool before use, but I can see the temp drop via the remote thermometers (one in each the freezer and the fridge) after a few hours. As mentioned, on mine the freezer is the first to drop.

If you continue to suspect a problem, try swapping to gas for 4 or 5 hours and see if that works, again, check the freezer.
Old 08-04-2019, 08:05 AM   #8

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechhome View Post
Just picked up our new 19 foot
And already got pluming leaks very first day out, but I think I can fix that problem. My question is how long does it take the fridge to cool down ? We been plugged up for 4-5 hours and it’s has not changed. All the lights are on just don’t seem to be cooling.
Hi: Czechhome... Usually takes o'er nite to chill out the fridge. RV fridges don't work very fast... but then agin'... neither do I!!!
Hit the "Jack pot" of potholes in NFLD. The sink cover jumped up and came down end wise into the sink so it's cracked... but not enough to leak... Lucky "Me". Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 12:31 PM   #9

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: Czechhome... Usually takes o'er nite to chill out the fridge. RV fridges don't work very fast... but then agin'... neither do I!!!
Hit the "Jack pot" of potholes in NFLD. The sink cover jumped up and came down end wise into the sink so it's cracked... but not enough to leak... Lucky "Me". Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Hate to say there could be suspension damage also to trailer or truck....
Old 08-04-2019, 01:57 PM   #10

Trailer: 2017 19'
Our 19 has the upgraded fridge (dometic 2663), typically when I plugged in and turn it on (run in AC mode), it takes about 4-5 hours to have the it cooled to reasonable range for me to start "stocking the fridge. The freezer cooled a little faster than the fridge. Reasonable range to me is freezer <32F and fridge <40F..
caddoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 03:11 PM   #11

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Best to always plug in to electrical power at home at least the day before to get refrigerator going . I then switch to propane when we leave . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote