How do people use their shower / bathroom - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-24-2020, 10:26 PM   #41

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henk View Post
Hello - Which Oxygenics showerhead model did you opt for. I see that there are several. We are shortly to pickup our new Escape 21 and it seems that folks really like the Oxygenics. Easy to install? Thanks for your help. Henk
Henk,
According to my orders history on Amazon, this is the one we purchased.
https://amzn.to/2HRzKEj
Hope that helps....
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 11:45 PM   #42

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryb67 View Post
Except for our shower at home, or friend's showers that I determine are safe, I ALWAYS wear Crocs to any other shower so I won't slip. I don't want to be another senior with a broken hip.

Enjoy,

Perry
Perry it was a handicap shower later at night . We never stand in just our feet ,yuk . Was dressed and had my shower shoes on but there was a ramp as I turned to get the comb and shower stuff I just started to slide backwards ,nothing to grab on and I twisted around to not hit my head and went down on right side ,hard . It definitely took my breath away . Injured my right knee and ripped my shoulder but not my hip . I was lucky . Didn’t want surgery on my shoulder , did PT and have to the rest of my life do the things I learned in PT ,so my arm doesn’t atrophy . My knee got to go back and see what . I hate pills and surgery. Just me . I didn’t black out and thought I couldn’t get my breath so from now on clean up in my nice trailer shower . I was pretty active before but it can happen to anyone . It just happens Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 11:48 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Henk,
According to my orders history on Amazon, this is the one we purchased.
https://amzn.to/2HRzKEj
Hope that helps....
Greg especially at home the shower head shut off broke so replaced with a chromed brass shut off from Amazon . Also changed the shower hose to stainless . But that is it . Pat
Old 02-25-2020, 01:02 AM   #44
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
if I'm dry camping, I'll fill the bathroom sink with hot water, and use that with a facecloth to wash my bod, then a quick rinse with the shower head, if its just me camping, I can stretch the water tank for a week+... 2-up, we can make it last 3-4 days. I usually only wash my hair every 3rd day or so even at home.

if we have full hookups, then well, I'll take a full shower as often as I care to.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 05:48 AM   #45

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
if we have full hookups, then well, I'll take a full shower as often as I care to.

Now we're talking! I think the entire strategy would work for me.

I don't mind going without for awhile while dry camping.

Then maybe schedule a day or two with a full hookup and grass under our feet and enjoy the feeling of being clean.

Thanks John.
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 01:15 PM   #46

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleTim View Post
I have noticed some people seem to not use their shower. People that use RV parks, as far as i can tell, seem to favor using the showers in the facility rather than their camper.

The shower is why we bought the camper (at least at first). My wife will go anywhere with me, if I can give her a shower in the morning.

Taking into consideration that dry camping with only 28 gallons of water may not allow anything but very short showers, I am curious how people use their shower when they have a fresh water and gray water hookup.

Do you guys use your showers every day?

Do you limit your time in the shower, even with a hook up?

When tent camping.

When we camp by a stream or water source, I carry a Zodi pump, shower enclosure and two 5 gallon buckets and we fill them up with hot water and place them right outside the outside shower enclosure. Everybody has a 10 gallon hot shower. In privacy, outside. We just keep heating up water. That works pretty good, but I don't want to set it up all the time.
We use both the inside and outside shower. If I am staying for more than a couple of nights I set up my shower tent and use the outside shower in privacy. I also have a 30 gal tank and an rv pump hooked up to an old deep cell battery in the bed of my truck. With this set up I can go and get water and pump it into the trailer tank to refill. I also use a 5 gal bucket w/a screw top lid to dump either grey or black. I then take the bucket to the dump station or if not available the nearest bathroom. When showering inside we squeegee the walls when done. With the vent fan and window we do not get much moisture in the trailer. Usually I prefer to use the clean bathroom I brought with me instead of the campground bathroom. I work in drinking water and wastewater treatment so dumping the tank into a bucket is not a big deal just another day....
Ian and Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 06:09 PM   #47

Trailer: 2014 17b/ 2012 Chevy Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
if I'm dry camping, I'll fill the bathroom sink with hot water, and use that with a facecloth to wash my bod, then a quick rinse with the shower head, if its just me camping, I can stretch the water tank for a week+... 2-up, we can make it last 3-4 days. I usually only wash my hair every 3rd day or so even at home.

We use a similar technique. Run full hot water from the shower head into the sink until the cold water and hot water come to a good temp. Wash using this water. Rinse for 30 seconds with the shower. Uses what, 1 - 2 quarts?

During the winter the shower becomes a drying area with a spring loaded curtain rod installed front to back. Also turn the toilet into a port-a-potty.
yardsale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 11:45 PM   #48
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
We rarely use the shower and generally try to use the campground toilet for solids. While camping in Europe, I had a few discussions with English and French couples who thought Americans were too obsessed with daily showering - once a week or so was their standard. Just a different culture, no?

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 12:24 AM   #49

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
North American's are suckers for marketing. Proctor and Gamble is making a killing selling their products.
A brilliant executive, years ago, came up with "rinse and repeat" which doubled shampoo sales instantly.
Old 02-26-2020, 07:56 AM   #50

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by tractors1 View Post
While camping in Europe, I had a few discussions with English and French couples who thought Americans were too obsessed with daily showering - once a week or so was their standard. Just a different culture, no?
I too find it weird with those that are overly excessive, especially daily when they are not getting dirty or playing sports hard. I think a lot of it is like baglo says, and that folks are often influenced by advertising more than need.

Growing up we had 2 baths a week whether we needed it or not. I still do the same.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 11:05 AM   #51

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Terrapin"
We use the sink method with a wash cloth and then a quick rinse. Very little water used. My wife swears by Aveno Baby wash as she says it rinses off so thoroughly and quickly compared to standard soaps or body washes. Takes a lot less water with it to get a complete rinse. I am usually fine using almost any campground shower but I have run into a few that would put the fear of God into you if you brushed up against a wall. Another thing we use at campground showers sometimes is a small folding plastic square table if there is no table, bench or place to put soap, shampoo etc. No way would I set anything on a floor.
Old 02-26-2020, 02:49 PM   #52

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
Smile Use Escape...personal preference.

Quote:
I have noticed some people seem to not use their shower. People that use RV parks, as far as i can tell, seem to favor using the showers in the facility rather than their camper.

The shower is why we bought the camper (at least at first). My wife will go anywhere with me, if I can give her a shower in the morning.

Taking into consideration that dry camping with only 28 gallons of water may not allow anything but very short showers, I am curious how people use their shower when they have a fresh water and gray water hookup.

When tent camping.

When we camp by a stream or water source, I carry a Zodi pump, shower enclosure and two 5 gallon buckets and we fill them up with hot water and place them right outside the outside shower enclosure. Everybody has a 10 gallon hot shower. In privacy, outside. We just keep heating up water. That works pretty good, but I don't want to set it up all the time.
I prefer my own shower....for privacy and sanitary reasons..among the reasons I bought a 17B..
Old 02-26-2020, 03:13 PM   #53

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
When home (which is rare) I jog in the morning, so a shower is pretty much necessary if I'm going to deal with the public, and swim laps in a heavily chlorinated pool during lunch. That requires a second shower for the day. While on the road, it is usually one every 3 or 4 days.
Old 02-27-2020, 02:22 AM   #54

Trailer: 2018 5.0 T/A "Escaper"
Campground showers are great when available but we take quick showers in the trailer also. Sometimes we shower in the trailer to ensure the grey water is full enough to give the sewer hose a good rinse at the dumpstation. As for the toilet side of things, I prefer my own throne when nature calls.
akmacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 09:09 AM   #55
AnJ

Trailer: 1974 Boler, 2018 Escape 21
Some good ideas here! We shower each night in our trailer and when not being conservative have to visit a sani station every 2 days. We use a combination of IKEA and Lee Valley suction cup hooks and rods in the bathroom to dry our PackTowels and rain coats if needed in between. The towels dry well usually by lunch time the next day.
AnJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 10:32 AM   #56

Trailer: Escape 21 (2017)
Quote:

When tent camping.

It was over a year before We first used the shower. Turned out it's great! Sure you have to wipe things down afterward, but it takes less time than walking back and forth to the camp shower. Deb still prefers the walk and shower routine, if the camp facility is clean. Not me, I shower and am all ready to face the day by the time she gets back. You do have to watch water usage though....
drmemory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 11:13 AM   #57

Trailer: 2017 F250
There are two of us and we rarely run out of hot water or tank capacity. The tank last about two days, more if you use paper plates. Taking showers back to back reduces the number of ships downs.

I use a blue boy located near the tailgate and fill it with a clean dump/flow jet setup to dump when there is no hookup available. (I am always amused when people ask me how I lift th full blue boy into the truck. )

As a general rule it is good to let your significant other use the shower first and always remember that there are no issues with using too much hot water or filling the tank. Just quietly figure it out.
Little Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 01:07 PM   #58

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
Public campground showers when available, trailer shower the other times.

We find the outside shower hookup super useful but usually for setting up a little dish washing station. I have a flexible spigot that snaps into the water outlet, then use a little fold up table and and a small tub to wash up. Saves on filling up the gray tank.
drjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 02:12 PM   #59

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
We’ve never used the shower in our one year old Escape. We use the facility’s showers (if they have showers) and ALWAYS wear flip flops. Most of the time the public showers are tolerable. Love that luxurious flow of hot water.
Lisajanrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 02:36 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisajanrose View Post
We’ve never used the shower in our one year old Escape. We use the facility’s showers (if they have showers) and ALWAYS wear flip flops. Most of the time the public showers are tolerable. Love that luxurious flow of hot water.
If you change your shower head to a more conservative one and have hookups , you will have a wonderful hot shower and not have to walk back and forth . For two showers never ran out of hot water in trailer shower . Pat