I Scratched Our Baby - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-25-2023, 11:23 AM   #21

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Cello finishing works perfectly on dead flat areas and well on surfaces that only curve in one direction. It wouldn't work well on small radius compound curve areas. A modified approach would work but it'd be multi-step.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 10:03 PM   #22

Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyB View Post
Side Effect is just barely 6 months old and I put a big 20"+ long scratch, better term is a gorge/canyon, in her a few weeks ago. Don't ask. We'll just call it a Rookie Mistake.
I brought home a brand-new car in 2000. Somehow in the course of events, I closed the hood on a screwdriver that I had set just inside of the opening. It resulted in a discrete little upward dent in the surface of the hood.

I was pretty embarrassed, but decided that it would be my "lucky dent"; I would no longer have to fear getting that first dent in my new car.

Sometime later, there was a woman who called in to Car Talk. Her husband (not me!) was exploring options for paintless dent repair. As she explained the situation, it emerged that he had apparently had done the exact same thing that I had.

Ray and Tom had a field day with that one, pointing out that in the old days we all had some idea what was under the hood of the car, and even how to repair it. But by this time there was hardly any excuse for an owner to even open the hood as they would have no idea what they were looking at under there!

I took all their ribbing with a sheepish grin as though it was directed at me because basically I earned it. ; )
Attached Thumbnails
ray-tom-1920x1280.jpg  
Old 04-26-2023, 05:23 AM   #23

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Click and Clack, The Tappet Brothers.

I loved that show.
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 07:15 AM   #24

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
Talk about not knowing what's under the hood

I acquired a good old Chevy......2023 Bolt EUV (electric utility vehicle).
Whooaa...Nelly.....I can guess what's what......but it's a New World under that hood.
HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote