I think I just got lucky - Price Increase - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-15-2022, 09:02 PM   #41

Trailer: 2022 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deva View Post
There’s nothing better that realizing that another’s loss is your gain. Smile on! I hope you get your trailer very soon!
Yep, just like cannibalism.
hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 07:00 AM   #42

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
I will always remember what my Grandpa (Born is 1907) said about the big oak tree he planted in his backyard right after he married my Grandma (Born in 1910) as we raked all the leaves that fell each year.

"After enduring a lifetime of challenges this tree is a reminder of my life's journey".

Zig when the leaves fall and Zag when it's time for a good candy bar.
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 03:06 PM   #43

Trailer: Escape
We signed off our build sheet in June 2021 which locked the price at that time. Then the build was delayed so we took delivery in Feb 2022. That said, our luck was getting the mid year 2021 prices before the increases that year and getting a trailer with a 2022 VIN. We had a longer wait but the later year is nice to have.

Who knows where the ceiling is on these trailers and hope we don't find out. We had our Casita for 10 years and sold it for $7K more than we paid. It's still likely Escape resales will be excellent and if you can swing it at the higher prices now the money is not gone and much will likely come back to you.
Jack! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 03:30 PM   #44

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack! View Post
We signed off our build sheet in June 2021 which locked the price at that time. Then the build was delayed so we took delivery in Feb 2022. That said, our luck was getting the mid year 2021 prices before the increases that year and getting a trailer with a 2022 VIN. We had a longer wait but the later year is nice to have.

Who knows where the ceiling is on these trailers and hope we don't find out. We had our Casita for 10 years and sold it for $7K more than we paid. It's still likely Escape resales will be excellent and if you can swing it at the higher prices now the money is not gone and much will likely come back to you.
Although price increases are unwelcome for new owners, each price increase means that an existing owner could potentially realize a higher resale value for their Escape.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 08:11 AM   #45

Trailer: 21’ 2020
The market

As many have commented, who really knows if the price increases are justified, and who ultimately benefits as far as profits or raises?

Comparing this to the crazy increases in real estate prices, I’m incredulous that people are paying the high prices for houses. We were looking at purchasing a house in Southwest Florida. Many have doubled or even tripled! We’ve decided not to participate in that search anymore, and not support the sellers’ and realtors’ greed.

Part of the problem is that people are still paying these ridiculous prices, thus encouraging the market to continually rise in these realms.

If the consumer would finally balk and refuse to support these prices, lower demand may finally pull the market back down to reality. Ditto for Escape.

The increases have outpaced the value IMHO…
Artlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 08:32 AM   #46

Trailer: 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artlady View Post
We were looking at purchasing a house in Southwest Florida. Many have doubled or even tripled!

We’ve decided not to participate in that search anymore, and not support the sellers’ and realtors’ greed.
So just to clarify, if you were selling your house you would sell it below what the market is prepared to pay so that you wouldn't appear greedy?
Fender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 08:42 AM   #47

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I think most prices are those recommend by a real estate professional, not necessarily the same as what the owner was expecting to list the property.
Old 06-23-2022, 11:09 AM   #48

Trailer: 21’ 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender View Post
So just to clarify, if you were selling your house you would sell it below what the market is prepared to pay so that you wouldn't appear greedy?
No. Read my post again…. It’s self explanatory.
Artlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 01:49 PM   #49

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
The price of an item is equal to the amount a buyer willing to pay. No more, no less.

I remind my factories of this when they ask why I didn't sell it for more.
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 05:21 PM   #50

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
I went to a gun show once. A dealer had a little .410 shotgun in the factory shipping cardboard. I asked him if it was new in the box. He said it was. I asked him “what’s it worth”. He said “it’s worth about $25 but I am asking $1,200”. Changed my perspective on buying and selling.
Iowa Dave
Old 06-23-2022, 05:25 PM   #51

Trailer: 2022 21NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
I went to a gun show once. A dealer had a little .410 shotgun in the factory shipping cardboard. I asked him if it was new in the box. He said it was. I asked him “what’s it worth”. He said “it’s worth about $25 but I am asking $1,200”. Changed my perspective on buying and selling.
Iowa Dave
"Worth about $25, but I'm not requiring a form 4473 and NICS background check or asking for ID so $1,200 and I won't ask questions"
Crazypill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 05:41 PM   #52

Trailer: 2018 -21-picked up in May 2019 / 2018 F 150 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Iowa Dave
yangstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 07:48 AM   #53

Trailer: Escape
There can be many different opinions and solutions that work better for some than others. For instance:

The Presbyterian church called a meeting to decide what to do about their squirrel infestation. After much prayer and consideration, they concluded that the squirrels were predestined to be there, and they should not interfere with God’s divine will.
At the Baptist church, the squirrels had taken an interest in the baptistry. The deacons met and decided to put a water-slide on the baptistry and let the squirrels drown themselves. The squirrels liked the slide and, unfortunately, knew instinctively how to swim, so twice as many squirrels showed up the following week.
The Lutheran church decided that they were not in a position to harm any of God’s creatures. So, they humanely trapped their squirrels and set them free near the Baptist church. Two weeks later, the squirrels were back when the Baptists took down the water-slide.
The Episcopalians tried a much more unique path by setting out pans of whiskey around their church in an effort to kill the squirrels with alcohol poisoning. They sadly learned how much damage a band of drunken squirrels can do.
But the Catholic church came up with a more creative strategy! They baptized all the squirrels and made them members of the church. Now they only see them at Christmas and Easter.
Not much was heard from the Jewish synagogue. They took the first squirrel and circumcised him. They haven’t seen a squirrel since.
Jack! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 07:58 AM   #54

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Good one there, Jack.......
Old 06-24-2022, 08:58 AM   #55

Trailer: 2021 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazypill View Post
"Worth about $25, but I'm not requiring a form 4473 and NICS background check or asking for ID so $1,200 and I won't ask questions"
So this would take place over a 410 shotgun…
Ooshkaboo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 10:49 AM   #56

Trailer: 2012 E19
I just returned home from a 10 day trip to Michigan in my Lil Hauley. I had a nice time camping and visiting relatives (I attended a big family get-together). Catching up on posts, and looking at the price increase. YIKES!

Since I placed my down payment last Nov. for a 17B, the base price has rocketed from $26,500 to $32,000. The size of the loan I'd need, and the interest I'd have to pay, has ballooned dramatically. Not sure I can swing it now. The lightly optioned trailer I want was already (last Nov.) costing more than I earn in a year. Now I'm shuddering.
Old 06-24-2022, 12:03 PM   #57

Trailer: 2018,5.0 TA
Were you planning to sell your lil hauley to buy the 17? Hopefully the resale value of it has gone up and that will help with the price increase.

What is a Lil Hauley? I could only find pictures of the Lil Snoozy.

Best of luck hope you can still make it work somehow.
DanandDaphne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 01:11 PM   #58

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack! View Post
There can be many different opinions and solutions that work better for some than others. For instance:

The Presbyterian church called a meeting to decide what to do about their squirrel infestation. After much prayer and consideration, they concluded that the squirrels were predestined to be there, and they should not interfere with God’s divine will.
At the Baptist church, the squirrels had taken an interest in the baptistry. The deacons met and decided to put a water-slide on the baptistry and let the squirrels drown themselves. The squirrels liked the slide and, unfortunately, knew instinctively how to swim, so twice as many squirrels showed up the following week.
The Lutheran church decided that they were not in a position to harm any of God’s creatures. So, they humanely trapped their squirrels and set them free near the Baptist church. Two weeks later, the squirrels were back when the Baptists took down the water-slide.
The Episcopalians tried a much more unique path by setting out pans of whiskey around their church in an effort to kill the squirrels with alcohol poisoning. They sadly learned how much damage a band of drunken squirrels can do.
But the Catholic church came up with a more creative strategy! They baptized all the squirrels and made them members of the church. Now they only see them at Christmas and Easter.
Not much was heard from the Jewish synagogue. They took the first squirrel and circumcised him. They haven’t seen a squirrel since.
This is one of the most amusing things I have read since "The Brakeman Goes to Church".
Old 06-24-2022, 01:14 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanandDaphne View Post
Were you planning to sell your lil hauley to buy the 17? Hopefully the resale value of it has gone up and that will help with the price increase.

What is a Lil Hauley? I could only find pictures of the Lil Snoozy.

Best of luck hope you can still make it work somehow.
The Lil Hauley is a cargo trailer, an empty Snoozy shell. I still need it for work right now.
Old 10-13-2022, 08:46 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimj View Post
https://escapetrailer.com/cancellation/

I will probably cancel shortly, as well.
ETI has had my deposit money for about 11 months. Last Thursday (Oct. 6) I gave up and filled out the cancellation form to get my deposit back (minus the card fee, of course).

It's been a week now, and still no sign of a refund to my card account. I just wrote to ETI to ask how long it's supposed to take. Maybe they need my money on loan a little longer...