I visited the Oliver factory today.... - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-12-2020, 06:12 PM   #1

Trailer: 2020 21NE
I visited the Oliver factory today....

I visited the Oliver factory today.... very, very impressed with everything they do in their manufacturing process and the materials that they use to build their trailers but came away wanting even more to continue with our purchase of our first Escape. We are waiting for the 23 to be built because we really want the twin beds. I could write a small book about all the pluses and minuses about the Oliver compared to the Escape but everyone here knows them well so I'll just leave it with "The Escape will be the trailer for us the end"
Bluesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 08:00 AM   #2

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
I agree that Oliver is very well built. In our opinion, Escape offers the best bang for the buck, so we now travel full time in our 2017 21’.

You won’t be disappointed.

Fred M.

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 11:01 PM   #3

Trailer: 2019 Escape-21C toad by 2017 Titan XD Crew Cab V8 4x4
We visited the Oliver factory in 2017 before we bought our 17 Casita. I was impressed with the Oliver trailers but I couldn’t come up with $85,000 for the one I wanted as it turns out we are now in our new escape 21 and we’re perfectly satisfied and so far doing OK towing it with our Frontier V6 long bed truck which we could not do in the big Oliver
Hollybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 06:53 AM   #4

Trailer: 2014 17b/ 2012 Chevy Colorado
We took the tour as we were looking for a trailer with below freezing capability the Oliver has. Well built of course, especially the aluminum frame, essential for a winter trailer. It felt a little sterile and the skimpy two burner stove with the burners so close together you can only use one at a time if you are using a 12" frypan really bugged this guy who likes to cook. Then of course there is the price. Happy with our 17b dry camping in the winter.
yardsale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 06:53 AM   #5

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
I had looked into an Oliver before Escape even had the 19. Oliver only had the shorter model then. While quality appeared to be very nice, we were put off by the look of a white fibreglass interior and super high cost. Shortly after this Reace announced the decision to make the 19 and we were all over that.

I have since toured a couple of the larger Oliver trailers. Again, great quality and workmanship, but we just did not care for the institutional look ourselves. They are a great trailer, but definitely not for us.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 08:09 AM   #6

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
We looked at Oliver , Bigfoot and Escape . All were fine trailers that would have been satisfactory for our needs
The main issue with us was , how much money were we willing to devote to a luxury that we use maybe 3 to 4 weeks a year . Escape won out .
If cost was not an issue or if we wanted to spend more time traveling ( Year Round) our choice may well have been different
Our Escape sits in Covid hibernation as well or better than any FG trailer on the Market .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 08:19 AM   #7

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
We looked at Oliver , Bigfoot and Escape . All were fine trailers that would have been satisfactory for our needs
The main issue with us was , how much money were we willing to devote to a luxury that we use maybe 3 to 4 weeks a year . Escape won out .
If cost was not an issue or if we wanted to spend more time traveling ( Year Round) our choice may well have been different
Our Escape sits in Covid hibernation as well or better than any FG trailer on the Market .

Pretty much word for word the same as us. When we were looking Oliver was shutdown at the time for the recession, they did offer to let us see one at the factory, no 23'er at the time. And I think Bigfoot was just coming out of restructuring.
Old 06-14-2020, 12:31 PM   #8

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Great trailer with Oliver, but we never liked the interior look or layouts. Loved Bigfoot 25, but we were nervous about maintenance, towing, needing a bigger truck especially as we age.
Escape 19 model checked all the boxes and 5 years ago health wasn’t a concern. 5 years later, health is an issue and picking the smaller trailer is paying big dividends and will keep us out there longer. We also had a trailer we could write a check for 5 years ago, wasn’t the case with many of the others.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 02:57 PM   #9

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
While in Townsend, Tennessee in April2014 Jim Oliver brought several prototypes to the cg where we were staying. His right hand man, Frank Partee and Jim Oliver both toured my new 2014 E21 Blackjack to "check out the competition". Mr. Partee wanted me to exchange my Escape and cash for an Oliver so that they could put the Escape on the show room floor and cut it down the middle to show the difference in builds. I respectfully declined.....
Old 06-19-2020, 09:13 PM   #10

Trailer: 2019 Escape-21C toad by 2017 Titan XD Crew Cab V8 4x4
E21c

We picked up our new E 21C aweekago Monday and I’ve hauled it all over the south western United States crossing Mojave Desert up and into California for part of the day down south of Phoenix up to Scottsdale up to Sedona for a couple days and then the last four days we’ve been heading back across-country put in about three Or a400 miles a day Hauling with our frontier Vsix long bed truck had no problems ex for couple times of real steep grades we dropped into the lower lower gear but the truck should be up for it no big deal The weight distribution plus sway bar hitch has been easy to handle and makes it ride just like a dream feels lighter and easier to handle than The old a it’s. I had my doubts about the frontier but it seems to be a pretty good hauler so we’re going to keep it as long as it runs good Still got 55000 miles left on that bumper to bumper warantee! We like our new E21 and I am. Glad we didn’t go for the 0llovr for $80,000...we do not camp in winter.
Hollybee is offline   Reply With Quote