Is it possible to change Queen Bed to Twins? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-17-2020, 12:46 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Mt Juliet, Tennessee
Trailer: 2020 21NE
Posts: 69
Is it possible to change Queen Bed to Twins?

I was wondering if anyone has ever modified the queen bed in a 21 to 2 twins? We are waiting for the 23 just for the twin beds so I am curious if this is possible.
__________________

Bluesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 12:57 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: North of Danbury, Wisconsin
Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Posts: 3,033
Are you inquiring about a 21 C or a 21 NE ?
The mattress in our 21 C is 53” wide so 2- 39” twin mattresses or 2 - 30” bunk bed mattresses would not fit .
I have no knowledge on the 21 NE
__________________

steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 01:10 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Mt Juliet, Tennessee
Trailer: 2020 21NE
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
Are you inquiring about a 21 C or a 21 NE ?
The mattress in our 21 C is 53” wide so 2- 39” twin mattresses or 2 - 30” bunk bed mattresses would not fit .
I have no knowledge on the 21 NE
Thanks. So I guess the only hope would be for the 21NE. I'll look at those measurements to see if it is possible.
Bluesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 02:04 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
sherminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Tigard, Oregon
Trailer: 2020 21NE - dual dinettes
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesky View Post
Thanks. So I guess the only hope would be for the 21NE. I'll look at those measurements to see if it is possible.
The queen bed area is 84" across (east - west) and 60" deep (north - south). I can't really see twin beds in that area. The 5.0TA looks to be the only Escape at present that can accommodate twin beds. The upcoming 23 may have a twin bed variation.
sherminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 05:42 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Naples, New York
Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'
Posts: 916
I think you going to have to wait for the 23' its looking like that may be a option on that one.
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 06:34 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: SLO County, California
Trailer: 2014 21 2019 Expedition
Posts: 4,229
Or with either 21 you can gave an easy to convert twin bed in the dinette utilizing a Springfield pedestal for easy conversion. We have a 3" twin latex topper we fold in half lengthwise when using the table and it doesn't interfere at all. Super comfortable.
__________________
"We gotta get as far away as we can!"
- Russell Casse, Independence Day
Rossue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 09:04 PM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Mt Juliet, Tennessee
Trailer: 2020 21NE
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Or with either 21 you can gave an easy to convert twin bed in the dinette utilizing a Springfield pedestal for easy conversion. We have a 3" twin latex topper we fold in half lengthwise when using the table and it doesn't interfere at all. Super comfortable.
Do you have any pics of how you use that space?
Bluesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 10:39 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: SLO County, California
Trailer: 2014 21 2019 Expedition
Posts: 4,229
We started using just two filler boards with cushions and no table for the first year. After seeing a Springfield and table we did that. Having the filler cushions (no more boards with table)lets us keep the back cushions in place vs. using them for bed cushions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200617_202150.jpg (119.5 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 20200617_202254.jpg (110.4 KB, 16 views)
__________________
"We gotta get as far away as we can!"
- Russell Casse, Independence Day
Rossue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 08:56 AM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Mt Juliet, Tennessee
Trailer: 2020 21NE
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
We started using just two filler boards with cushions and no table for the first year. After seeing a Springfield and table we did that. Having the filler cushions (no more boards with table)lets us keep the back cushions in place vs. using them for bed cushions.
Thanks for the pics
__________________

Bluesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.
×