It all started with my teeth..... - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 04-05-2020, 02:08 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
It all started with my teeth.....

Friday I got something wedged between two of my teeth and had to search high and low for an old fashioned toothpick. Yesterday the same thing happened so I decided to tryout my new battery operated water flosser I had purchased some time ago and never used. Opened it up and there is a USB charging cable. Now where did I put that nice USB adapter I bought recently? Not there, not here, wait, it should be in the Escape. Went out there and spent 10 minutes looking, not there. Came back in and searched my Amazon purchases on line, 2017,2018, 2019. I purchased the same item twice, the most recent was 5 months ago in December 2019. So there are 2 of these buggers around. Searched my computer bag and desk and everywhere it should be. Even found some old pictures in a drawer, but no 120v/USB adapter.

Watched the news for awhile and thought it has to be in the trailer. Went out again and started removing things from overheads. I have way too much crap in there. I have 2, possibly three of the same things. Started a pile of duplicates. Eliminated 2 first aid kits and kept 1. Found a lot of fuses, I have maybe 60 in 6 different containers. Consolidated them into one container. Tools, I found my Leatherman folding tool and a neat micro screwdriver set. Three USB lamps and 2 USB fans. I'm getting warm. Went to the other o/h and emptied it, found my collapsible sink and drainboard as well as cutting boards. Finally I found both adapters, and continued to remove and reorganize the overheads.

Went in and plugged in my water flosser to charge, 3 hours after I started the search. Tomorrow I'll go out and reorganize the lower compartments and start on some modifications, after flossing my teeth first.
Attached Thumbnails
61sPgJM6fpL._AC_SL1500_.jpg  
Old 04-05-2020, 02:13 PM   #2

There is saying I used to have on my desk at work "When you are up to your neck with alligators, you forget that your initial task was to drain the swamp"
Old 04-05-2020, 05:48 PM   #3

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Did you get that thing out of your teeth?
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 06:15 PM   #4

Yes, the water flosser is charged and working, thanks for asking.
Old 04-05-2020, 08:36 PM   #5

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Treasures

Hi Jim
I enjoyed your adventure in Multiplesland. I’ve been working on my hoard in the lower level the last couple days and found several new items I forgot I had and some old treasures I hadn’t visited in awhile . It was too nice here today to stay inside so I worked outside. Can’t do much else. Two of our good friends came down the driveway today and we talked for about 45 minutes at 20 feet. Decided we weren’t camping at Keosauqua at the end of the month. He’s got a very nice, new to him allweld boat that he just bought but hasn’t had it out yet
It was good to see them even if they just sat in the truck.
Iowa Dave
Old 04-06-2020, 10:19 AM   #6

Treasures

Hey Jim
Here’s an old treasure I found the other day. I’ve been eating my lunch with it, outside or in my shop/ garage if at all possible. Brings back memories and makes me feel like I’m camping as a yute. It’s a 1950’s Imperial Hobo, made in USA. In addition here’s my George Schrade Boy Scout pocket rig and also, of course, my scout mess kit that I keep in the go bag.
Attached Thumbnails
2713A005-B987-4AD8-88FB-710514E46CBF.jpg   4C2146BC-403F-4507-8C95-2A100D35F3D4.jpg   0E728D1A-4683-412A-8053-C117CD8C1DB3.jpg  
Old 04-06-2020, 10:27 AM   #7

That knife reminds me of my fathers tale of hoboing it across the country to visit the Chicago Worlds Fair in early 1930's. He and his older brother, Calvin took the free train from Pittsburgh to Chicago and return. He described washing in the creeks and stealing food from porches as they traveled during the Depression Era. Ironically, my uncle later became a PRR conductor! BTW, nice collection of antique camping utensils.......On edit, I have my fathers first electric drill, Craftsman model #1, serial# 50
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0890.jpg  
Old 04-06-2020, 10:37 AM   #8

Antique body, fueled in nature, with antique tools and naturally provided foods. Morel season just around the corner.
I met the Pennsylvania Kid one time. He was on his way to Britt Iowa and the Hobo Convention.
Have a great day.
Iowa Dave