It gets delivered on Monday.. - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 08-05-2020, 06:50 PM   #1

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
It gets delivered on Monday..

Do you think I’ll be scraping the bottom with the WDH?

....and what’s the measurement of the foot plate on the tongue jack? Is it round or square?
Attached Thumbnails
CDAC639B-2E47-4CF8-8E65-D0946B29517Aa.jpg   96FFCE3F-F262-4A96-A4D9-73D35799E39Da.jpg  
Voyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 07:13 PM   #2

What’s the jack Plate size on a 19 ? Thanks.
Old 08-05-2020, 07:17 PM   #3

Hmm...now the original pics rotated on their own.
Old 08-05-2020, 07:18 PM   #4
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
Hmm...now the original pics rotated on their own.
No, I fixed them. And deleted several posts about sideways pics and edited your post that said "The heck with it." Lots goes on in the background sometimes....
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 07:26 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
No, I fixed them. And deleted several posts about sideways pics and edited your post that said "The heck with it." Lots goes on in the background sometimes....
I guess you have the touch..thanks. My pics weren’t sideways in previous posts. Can you make the Twins hit a homerun?
Old 08-05-2020, 08:39 PM   #6

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19'
Your curb and driveway slope look quite moderate to me. I don't think there will be any clearance issues for you.

When I got my Escape in 2014, there was no bottom plate on the jack post, it was just a hollow tube, I don't know if that has changed. You will get a 2" circle mark on the wood block you put underneath it. One of my neighbours had a spare jack plate and gave it to me. I have not checked the Escape accessory page recently, they used to offer a jack wheel.

Enjoy your new Escape!

Edit: I went over to the Escape web site, and see that the photo on the E19 page shows an electric jack with what looks like a square jack plate. I don't see electric jack as feature, it might be an option. Check your build sheet to see if power jack was an option.
KirkB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 09:00 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkB View Post
Your curb and driveway slope look quite moderate to me. I don't think there will be any clearance issues for you.

When I got my Escape in 2014, there was no bottom plate on the jack post, it was just a hollow tube, I don't know if that has changed. You will get a 2" circle mark on the wood block you put underneath it. One of my neighbours had a spare jack plate and gave it to me. I have not checked the Escape accessory page recently, they used to offer a jack wheel.

Enjoy your new Escape!

Edit: I went over to the Escape web site, and see that the photo on the E19 page shows an electric jack with what looks like a square jack plate. I don't see electric jack as feature, it might be an option. Check your build sheet to see if power jack was an option.
That little dip in the curb is troublesome, I know that from backing in boats. I don’t have a power jack and it is an option only. I’ll put one on myself eventually. I still would like to know the dimensions of the a Jack Plate. If it’s just a post, I’d like to know that too.
Old 08-05-2020, 09:14 PM   #8

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19'
I don't know if this would make any difference to curb height issues, but I pull in to the sidewalk on the wrong side of the road, and have a close to 90 degree turn to get into the driveway. I'm on an angle when the hitch is going over the curb. That might minimize the effect going up the curb. I think you will have to give it a try. You could lay a 2x4 down at the curb if the rise causes any problems if you are backing straight in.
KirkB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 09:40 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkB View Post
I don't know if this would make any difference to curb height issues, but I pull in to the sidewalk on the wrong side of the road, and have a close to 90 degree turn to get into the driveway. I'm on an angle when the hitch is going over the curb. That might minimize the effect going up the curb. I think you will have to give it a try. You could lay a 2x4 down at the curb if the rise causes any problems if you are backing straight in.
Yes sir, I’ve thought of both those as well. Trial and error.
Old 08-06-2020, 01:38 PM   #10

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
I still would like to know the dimensions of the a Jack Plate. If it’s just a post, I’d like to know that too.
The base plate is 4 1/4" x 6 1/4" and it's easily removable by pulling the pin.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
IMGP0053_resize.JPG  
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 08:41 PM   #11

Trailer: 2020 21'NE
We have a steep-ish driveway, and don’t have any issues scraping. I’ve attached a couple photos that should help you see. I think ours looks a little steeper than yours. Not saying you just whip in, but it works. Last time I backed in Jeff said my front trailer wheels weren’t actually on the ground for a couple feet ( not a couple feet high off the ground). I didn’t notice. The next 15-20 feet of drive is a bit steeper than the first 8.
Attached Thumbnails
B21C3A44-7744-476C-8448-D78123B10A28.jpg   76E9C964-0267-4FF8-BAE2-F50985F1E49B.jpg  
tukwilma is offline   Reply With Quote