Jon Vermilye - Look what you are missing! - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 12-11-2016, 03:21 PM   #41

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
End of the grazing season

I fed my first round bale this morning. This is the latest I have ever been able to graze the cows. The climate is changing. Thirty years ago we always had first frost on September first plus or minus a week. First frost now comes mid October. The grass mowing and grazing season is definitely longer.
Starbrightsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 06:46 PM   #42

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
While I really don't miss snow blowing my short 150' driveway, I have to admit the best thing I ever bought to do it was an Ariens snowblower with heated handles. If you have to use one it is amazing how much nicer it is!
Old 12-11-2016, 07:39 PM   #43

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
While I really don't miss snow blowing my short 150' driveway, I have to admit the best thing I ever bought to do it was an Ariens snowblower with heated handles. If you have to use one it is amazing how much nicer it is!
Yeah, mine (basically this model) has heated handles and fingertip clutches for skid steering (which they bizarrely call "steerable wheels"), both of which are unnecessary but nice. I actually often turn off the heated grips, as they run too warm when weather isn't too cold.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 09:34 PM   #44

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
It looks a lot like my 11hp Troybilt https://www.powersportsnetwork.com/e...vehicle2=65153

I like the heated handles, and the "steerable" wheels, but even with chains it has a hard time on the steepest part of my driveway.

7" today - I hope the tractor gets here soon!

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 02:41 PM   #45

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Jon - you are still missing all the fun! Another 6" again last night
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0255.jpg   IMG_0256.jpg  

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
Old 12-17-2016, 03:31 PM   #46

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Hey dude
Nice tractor man.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 03:39 PM   #47

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Snow and Tractors

Call me crazy but I passed up an Oliver for $5,200 today.
Dave
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1910.jpg   IMG_1903.jpg  
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 04:08 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
Jon - you are still missing all the fun! Another 6" again last night
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 04:29 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Hey dude
Nice tractor man.
Dave
Throws snow a long way! Only problem is for some reason the dealer installed the hydraulic hoses so that forward and backward on the control stick move the chute right and left and right and left on the stick move the blower up and down. They claim that that is what the Kubota installation instructions call for. I think the dealer is nuts! Not exactly what I could call intuitive controls.....

Old 12-17-2016, 04:38 PM   #50

Quote:
Throws snow a long way! Only problem is for some reason the dealer installed the hydraulic hoses so that forward and backward on the control stick move the chute right and left and right and left on the stick move the blower up and down. They claim that that is what the Kubota installation instructions call for. I think the dealer is nuts! Not exactly what I could call intuitive controls.....
I would be changing that up in a heartbeat. Maybe check to confirm with the installation instructions too. In the right emergency condition it might cause trouble.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-17-2016, 04:40 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I would be changing that up in a heartbeat. Maybe check to confirm with the installation instructions too. In the right emergency condition it might cause trouble.
The dealer is calling the Kubota service rep - hopefully he will also tell them that they are nuts. The installation manual that they gave me doesn't have my new model tractor specifically shown. I think they followed instructions for a different model or else they started the Christmas party early....

It made for a good test of my memory that's for sure.

Old 12-17-2016, 04:56 PM   #52

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
It's kinda like Jim Bennett's reversing method.
Old 12-17-2016, 04:58 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Ohhh I wanna watch this one....

Old 12-17-2016, 05:10 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
No, there I am in control.
Old 12-17-2016, 05:25 PM   #55

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Boy, you got that right. Reminds me of my first soap box racer I built. I wanted "real" steering. Only problem was I got the number of wraps wrong and turning left went to the right. OK, I learned pretty fast how to go where I wanted. Then a car came up behind and sounded a warning horn. In a panic turn guess where I went.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 06:31 PM   #56

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
I'm currently at Lost Dutchman State Park in Arizona until tomorrow (then heading to Quartzsite) & complaining that the temperature dropped from the 80's to the 60's today! As to snow, my son let me know that he has had to run the snow blower 4 times already this year, 3 times more than all last winter. He is a little grumpy! I really don't miss shoveling the driveway (or my roof).
Old 12-20-2016, 01:54 PM   #57

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
I'm currently at Lost Dutchman State Park in Arizona until tomorrow (then heading to Quartzsite) & complaining that the temperature dropped from the 80's to the 60's today! As to snow, my son let me know that he has had to run the snow blower 4 times already this year, 3 times more than all last winter. He is a little grumpy! I really don't miss shoveling the driveway (or my roof).
Hi: Vermilye... Sure hope you can stay "One step ahead" of the FLU!!! I should have listened to the Doc. and got shot, but then my arm would be sore too!!! Everyone got a dose that came for the "Outlaws" Christmas diner and accused me of trying to give 'em all food poisoning but my daughter who couldn't make it got a dose too.
Being under the weather is no more fun than missing it. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 02:35 PM   #58

Quote:
The dealer is calling the Kubota service rep - hopefully he will also tell them that they are nuts. The installation manual that they gave me doesn't have my new model tractor specifically shown. I think they followed instructions for a different model or else they started the Christmas party early....

It made for a good test of my memory that's for sure.
The saga continues. Guy came out from the dealer to reconfigure the hydraulic hoses, and nothing would solve it. They've taken it back to the shop as the latest theory is that the tractor itself was incorrectly plumbed at the factory and has hoses connected incorrectly into its control manifold. At least they are no longer trying to convince me that it's supposed to work that way!

Old 12-20-2016, 02:56 PM   #59

Quote:
At least they are no longer trying to convince me that it's supposed to work that way!
Pretty tough to convince a crazy person they really are.
Old 12-20-2016, 03:04 PM   #60

Quote:
Pretty tough to convince a crazy person they really are.
Yah, that may be. But I just got a call from the shop. Turns out that no one checked the hydraulic flow control value when they set it up- it was all the way closed. All it needed was connecting the quick connects in the right places and opening the valve. Glad it was them and not me that made that bonehead move...