knowing the nose - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-12-2017, 04:21 PM   #1

Trailer: 2017 5.0TA
knowing the nose

I am so excited about getting our new 5.0 in exactly one month! I have been making some things it so we can show it off immediately. Just completed a comforter duvet and was about to start on some large pillow shams when I got to thinking...The nose of the 5.0 is obviously slanted. What does this mean as far as how one sits up in bed to drink coffee, read, admire the trailer, etc? Do you stack up pillows, create a headboard, or be deprived of some of your favorite relaxing moments? Tell me 5.0-ers! How do you make this work?
Old 11-12-2017, 04:51 PM   #2

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
We have 2 queen size pillows, each. Also have 4 square pillows that are used at the dinette, 2 are 18" sq, and 2 are 24" sq. Between the 4 bed pillows and the 24" square "floor" pillows, we could sit up in bed if we wanted to.

In practice we don't sit up in bed. We read and sleep there, we sit in the dinette.

I've tried sitting up with just 2 of the bed pillows, it's not enough.
Old 11-12-2017, 05:46 PM   #3

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA picked up in July 2017.
I often sit on the foot of the bed with my feet on the steps but for drinking coffee I usually sit in the dinette or on the steps. I also don't sit up in bed to read. At home if I want to sit up in bed I get into the bed at the head in a sitting position. On the 5.0 TA I would have to crawl to the head of the bed and scrunch up so I am sitting. Very easy to sit at the foot of the bed though.
SFDavis50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 06:51 PM   #4

No way a stack of pillows or bolster or something would work? Just not enough headroom?
Old 11-12-2017, 07:05 PM   #5

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
I was thinking about some kind of long wedge pillow to put my pillows against or a long round one I don't want to sit all the way up just partway. Right now I have a lot of pillows. But I think a long wedge or bolster covered with attractive fabric would look nice
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 07:27 PM   #6

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahuta View Post
No way a stack of pillows or bolster or something would work? Just not enough headroom?
Yes, there is enough room to sit up, plenty of headroom for my 6'2". With the front angle on my 2014 you'd have to build it up pretty good to be comfortable. I believe my 2 bed pillows and the one 24'' square would work fine, but I've really never tried it. If I think of it I'll try it tomorrow just for giggles.
Old 11-12-2017, 07:39 PM   #7

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
BB&B has a body pillow that may work for some: https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...=body%20pillow
Attached Thumbnails
Body Pillow.jpg  
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 07:49 PM   #8

Hmmm...a possibility perhaps!
Old 11-12-2017, 07:55 PM   #9

Trailer: 5.0TA 2016 Spirit Bear
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
BB&B has a body pillow that may work for some: https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...=body%20pillow
Karen I love that idea!
Old 11-12-2017, 11:54 PM   #10

Trailer: 2015 17A - Ready for more Maiden Voyages ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
Sorry for the off topic ....

Karen is your map on a window shade roller? I have been thinking of doing that .... kinda like our grade school maps were .... you know the ones where Alaska is down near Hawaii.

Your trailer sure looks perfect. Maybe you need a new career instead of a 'Home Decorator' a Trailer Decorator!

How are you?
Old 11-13-2017, 01:10 AM   #11

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarvingHyena View Post
Karen is your map on a window shade roller? I have been thinking of doing that .... kinda like our grade school maps were .... you know the ones where Alaska is down near Hawaii.
No, it's a peel-and-stick like this one: https://www.amazon.com/Brewster-WPE9...s=wall+pop+map

I copied someone else on this forum who put one on the ceiling of their Escape; I couldn't read it at all up there so moved it to the galley wall. I did have to cut off low-hung Alaska, Hawaii, and parts of Texas and Florida to make it fit, however. My apologies to denizens of those locales.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 05:37 AM   #12

Trailer: 2020 Bigfoot 25RQ
I bought a wedge pillow at BB&B that's fits perfectly for the 5.0. I sit up there and read very often. I also have a small board approx 8x10 inches like a cutting board that I use to set a beverage on so that it won't be so easy to tip over on the side of the bed, on top of the carpet.
For sleeping the wedge pillow can be moved to the dinette area. For just me I have plenty of room to sleep on the other side of it.
Porterville, CA
Sandyb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 07:44 AM   #13

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Lisa built a couple large pillows to use as a backrest in the dinette, and the loft too. We have used them in the dinette, but never the loft.

Personally, I would never have a coffee in bed, especially in the trailer. I would much rather sit comfortably at the dinette and read while my coffee rests on the table. Besides, I am always up and making coffee long before Lisa gets up, and when she does, she comes down to join me.

I have read in bed a bit, but only at bedtime to help shut the mind down, and prefer reading while laying mostly prone.

We have it wired so we could lay in bed and watch the TV at the foot of the bet. We have as yet set this up and used it, but this seems like something we might do on a cold rainy night into the future. We do have the choice of that, or sitting at the dinette to watch. TV though is something we consider a nice to have option, though rarely use it unless the weather is really poor.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:06 PM   #14

You all have inspired me to do some searching on the internet, I found the following: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sofa-Bed-...9325#read-more Is this something that could work? We have a long and cozy tradition of coffee in bed in the morning with our two terriers. It is something we do wherever we are including in our gooseneck horsetrailer at competitions (which has a square nose on it).
Old 11-13-2017, 12:07 PM   #15

Can anyone give me an interior length of 5.0TA platform from nose to the end near the steps, please?
Old 11-13-2017, 12:09 PM   #16

Trailer: 2020 Bigfoot 25RQ
Yes that might possibly work. You could just move it to the dinette to sleep. It is shaped similar to my wedge pillow just twice as wide probably

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Porterville, CA
Sandyb12 is offline   Reply With Quote