Looking for ideas on mounting table in a 19' - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-21-2020, 05:34 PM   #1

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
Looking for ideas on mounting table in a 19'

I looking for alternative ways to mount table in a 19. ETI mounts them either the 2 pole or Springfield base . both installs they use a longer screw and it protrudes threw the fiberglass. you can not request shorter screws. I have been told they have their processes.They will seal the tips of the screws
I looking for a way to solve this problem I really didn't want to have to install table at pickup. . am I missing something would there be a reason I am unaware of structurally where the tips of these screws would have to protrude a 1/8 out of shell ? The raised dinette would solve this but i already have lots of options and don't want to add the extra 100bls weight .

I thinking there might be something out there I haven't seen?

I cant see a way to use the lagun table mount on the 19. This table is bigger its 30 1/2 wide and 42 3/4" long . I really like the sliding feature of the table and dont want to use a portable table .

looking for ideas
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 05:46 PM   #2

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
I absolutely hated the double pole table mount in my 19. Absolutely no leg room when you have two people at the table. I installed a Lagun using the original table from the 19. There are a couple of threads on this forum about reinforcing the bench seat. Not sure what to do if you don't have the bench seat. For me, the Lagun works fantastic. Unfortunately, ETI probably won't install for you. If I could do it all over again, I would not order a table from ETI and install Lagun once I got home. Would use a small collapsible table for pickup and trip home. R-Pods do not mount permanent tables. They use collapsible tables that can also be used outdoors. Maybe research that if you are not getting a bench seat and do not want a Lagun.
lostskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 05:57 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I suggest you just do not have them mount the table, give you the hardware and screws and you can decide later. When I installed a wood floor in my first E19 I had to remove and reinstall the pedestal legs. Some people use a table that they can take outside if need become use tv tables. Once you attend a rally and see others you can then make a decision.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN0500.JPG  
Old 04-21-2020, 08:33 PM   #4

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
Screw the screws

If you use 1/2" wood screws with a Springfield, that works just fine. I used the screws that held the 2 post bases as used by Escape for mounting my Springfield. There's 6 or so screws to hold the Springfield...adequate I think. There's 1/2" of plywood beneath the flooring covering. Use 1/2" screws, and between the thickness of the Springfield base and the plywood, it should work in most instances. Reinforce with a dab of epoxy in each screw hole for additional strength & adhesion. If you're super concerned, what's the problem of a penetration through the bottom underside of the rig? Look around, there's tons of caulked penetrations....windows, vents, etc, etc. Use a good caulk (not silicone) and you should be just fine. And the underside of a rig usually sees much less weather exposure.

I would not let this issue keep me up thinking at night.
HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 10:18 PM   #5

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
hinged table

We ordered the hinged table in our 2014 19 and liked it so much we ordered it again in our 2018 19. It attaches to the front wall with drop hinges and has a single small post that rests on the floor (no screws).

The advantages are lots of foot room and easy conversion to a bed. The disadvantage is that it is 34", smaller than the standard table (43"?), and the drivers side has a 45-degree corner.

Bill R
Attached Thumbnails
Escape19table.JPG  
Bill R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 06:39 AM   #6

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABBERDABBER View Post
I would not let this issue keep me up thinking at night.
And if this issue kept me up at night, I suppose I would also be concerned about drain holes on the underside of my Escape. Or that the furnace or refrigerator might malfunction and need maintenance. The Rolling Stones already addressed this issue when they sang “You don’t always get what you want, but if you try real hard, you might just get what you need.”

I see three possible solutions for anyone with this perceived dilemma:

1. Take the trailer to a body shop that does fiberglass repairs or a good marina and have the protrusions snipped off (they provide no holding power anyway) and fiberglassed over.

2. Do not purchase an Escape Trailer if their manufacturing methods are not in line with what is desired.

3. Put on big girl panties and join every other Escape owner who does not see protruding and caulked screws as any sort of a problem.

Personally, I recommend option three. Unlike option one, it involves no financial outlay. Option two would eliminate having one of the finest camping trailers currently being manufactured. Option three indicates acceptance that nothing, as it is manufactured, is going to satisfy every one of each buyer’s wishes. If it did, there would not be a single Escape Trailer in the entire Escape Nation that had even one modification done after delivery.
Old 04-22-2020, 07:46 AM   #7

Trailer: New 21 Escape (not classic)10/16 Sold Lil Snoozy 7/16
springfield

When we took delivery of our trailer it had the 2 posts for the table So I tried it out it was a PITA to take apart and make into a bed So I ordered a Springfield table base . I decided that putting in 1/2 screws would not make it strong enough for my liking . After looking under trailer making sure i would not hit any components I drilled right on through the fiberglass shell .With that done I put in SS bolts with oversize washers and locking nuts and then put RV calking on ,and it has been rock solid no regrets . BTW I still use one of the poles but not plugged in to make it steady Jim W
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 08:15 AM   #8

Trailer: New 21 Escape (not classic)10/16 Sold Lil Snoozy 7/16
Table

Click image for larger version

Name:	77B3BD8E-A492-4527-B9EA-DD44C924470E.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	162.9 KB
ID:	46339 This is the Springfield base we installed
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 08:27 AM   #9

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostskier View Post
I absolutely hated the double pole table mount in my 19. Absolutely no leg room when you have two people at the table.
Having spent many hundreds of nights in a 19 with 4 people eating, drinking and playing games with the two poles, I must disagree on the leg room. There was plenty.

That said, not the best for stability, but we made ours into a bed quick and easy when needed.

So, with my 5.0TA I opted to install the Springfield pedestal and Dicor 4-way slide, now having the U-shaped dinette. A very versatile and strong setup that works great for us. My only wish is that it could be easily removed completely for lounging. For the two of us a nice option has been making it into a bed and lounging using pillows.

The 19 we picked up in Chilliwack for my brother last Friday has the Springfield install. It works very well and I used the dinette as a bed that first night. The screws do produce some dimpling on the underside. Not a huge deal but 1/8" shorter screws would be nicer.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 08:44 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykatz View Post
When we took delivery of our trailer it had the 2 posts for the table So I tried it out it was a PITA to take apart and make into a bed So I ordered a Springfield table base . I decided that putting in 1/2 screws would not make it strong enough for my liking . After looking under trailer making sure i would not hit any components I drilled right on through the fiberglass shell .With that done I put in SS bolts with oversize washers and locking nuts and then put RV calking on ,and it has been rock solid no regrets . BTW I still use one of the poles but not plugged in to make it steady Jim W

I like the bolt idea still have caulk but get the advantages of extra support. Do you find more or less leg room with the Springfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Having spent many hundreds of nights in a 19 with 4 people eating, drinking and playing games with the two poles, I must disagree on the leg room. There was plenty.

That said, not the best for stability, but we made ours into a bed quick and easy when needed.

So, with my 5.0TA I opted to install the Springfield pedestal and Dicor 4-way slide, now having the U-shaped dinette. A very versatile and strong setup that works great for us. My only wish is that it could be easily removed completely for lounging. For the two of us a nice option has been making it into a bed and lounging using pillows.

The 19 we picked up in Chilliwack for my brother last Friday has the Springfield install. It works very well and I used the dinette as a bed that first night. The screws do produce some dimpling on the underside. Not a huge deal but 1/8" shorter screws would be nicer.
That good point i never even thought of putting it down to lounge. That would be a plus for the Springfield. Seems the only down side of Springfield in not being able to remove it. On your brother new 19 was the Springfield still sturdy ? I know the table in the 19 is the biggest table thats why I ask.
Old 04-22-2020, 08:53 AM   #11

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORKHILLBILLY View Post
That good point i never even thought of putting it down to lounge. That would be a plus for the Springfield. Seems the only down side of Springfield in not being able to remove it. On your brother new 19 was the Springfield still sturdy ? I know the table in the 19 is the biggest table thats why I ask.
It is very sturdy, especially after tightening up the cam locks. The Escape sliding mechanism is a wee bit wobbly, but not really too bad.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 09:22 AM   #12

The front dinette in E19 is not as large as the rear in the E21. The driver side is for one and the passenger for 2, lounge area smallish. Here is a picture with the table down in the 2019 e21 and the lounge with the table removed in the 2014 E21. Looking at the pictures the rear on the 2019 looks wider than the 2014 model. I'll have to measure to get the width.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC05514.jpeg   DSCN1370 copy.jpeg  
Old 04-22-2020, 12:09 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
The front dinette in E19 is not as large as the rear in the E21. The driver side is for one and the passenger for 2, lounge area smallish. Here is a picture with the table down in the 2019 e21 and the lounge with the table removed in the 2014 E21. Looking at the pictures the rear on the 2019 looks wider than the 2014 model. I'll have to measure to get the width.

what i was saying the 19 has the biggest table 42 3/4" long x 30 1/2" . witch would be the heaviest table on the table mount. even know the 21 has a bigger dinette and is more roomy the table is smaller .
Old 04-22-2020, 12:11 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
It is very sturdy, especially after tightening up the cam locks. The Escape sliding mechanism is a wee bit wobbly, but not really too bad.

thank you , I am thinking i going that way.
Old 04-22-2020, 12:12 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORKHILLBILLY View Post
what i was saying the 19 has the biggest table 42 3/4" long x 30 1/2" . witch would be the heaviest table on the table mount. even know the 21 has a bigger dinette and is more roomy the table is smaller .
The E21 table is smaller only with the "U" option, otherwise the table is probably the same as in the E19.
Old 04-22-2020, 12:16 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
The E21 table is smaller only with the "U" option, otherwise the table is probably the same as in the E19.

I see i dint even know you could get it that way. I never seen one must be everyone pays to go U shape . I been researching NE 21 and assumed options where the same, but i guess the NE comes with U shape only. I learning
Old 04-22-2020, 01:51 PM   #17

Trailer: 2023 21C' Escape
I was getting tired of fighting with the two table legs that came standard with our 2018 19' and I ordered the Springfield mount direct from Escape earlier this year. Removed the standard hardware, centered the Springfield on the table using the existing slider, did some measurements and eyeball and mounted the Springfield to the floor, using a combination of existing screws and purchased some a little thicker, but same length. Was also concerned about piercing the fiberglass. Filled the existing holes with almond colored caulk. Even if they would have pierced the base, a little caulk would take care of it. Very stable modification.
Cyclones forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 02:58 PM   #18
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
ETI used to have a section on their website for measurements, they were PDFs. I captured this information for the tables:

19:
Dinette Table 42-3/4"L x 30-1/2"W x 29-1/2"H
Frt. U-Shaped Dinette Table 25"L x 30"W

21:
Dinette Table 45-1/2"L x 34"W x 30"H
U-Shaped Dinette Table 30"L x 34-1/2"W
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 03:05 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
ETI used to have a section on their website for measurements, they were PDFs. I captured this information for the tables:

19:
Dinette Table 42-3/4"L x 30-1/2"W x 29-1/2"H
Frt. U-Shaped Dinette Table 25"L x 30"W

21:
Dinette Table 45-1/2"L x 34"W x 30"H
U-Shaped Dinette Table 30"L x 34-1/2"W
Donna here is 21 NE if you want to add to you list

21NE U shaped Dinette table 32"wideX38" long
Old 04-22-2020, 03:14 PM   #20

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
I've been through a single pole in my 17, a Springfield & a Lagun in my 21, and found the Springfield the most stable. The reason I replaced it with the Lagun was I couldn't slide the table when mounted on the Springfield pedestal far enough out of the way to easily access either the upper cabinets or the under seat area. With the Lagun, it is easy to slide it out of the way, and, when working on the stuff in the under seat areas, completely removing the table is a big help.