magma cookware - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 12-20-2015, 06:33 PM   #21

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
We recycled our paper plates.
First they were given to kids to colour on ( decorate ), which kept them busy. Then we ate off of them and then they were used to light a fire.
Light weight, and we weren't polluting the environment with soap...
Old 12-20-2015, 06:47 PM   #22

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
[QUOTE=gbaglo;121685]Besides, though paper plates do burn, used ones are terrible for lighting fires.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 06:56 PM   #23

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Will I be pushing buttons if I say paper plates have their place, and real dishes have a place. In our case, it depends on what we are eating, how tired we are, the weather conditions, and planned post meal activities. And we find the microwave, the grill, and a cookstove all have their time and their place. The only thing that doesn't have a place (and should not) is instant coffee. YUK!
Old 12-20-2015, 06:57 PM   #24

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Sorry Jim B. Hit Edit instead of Quote and screwed up your post.
There's no Command Z here, that I know of.
Old 12-20-2015, 07:14 PM   #25
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
The only thing that doesn't have a place (and should not) is instant coffee. YUK!
I drink instant coffee... for me it's quantity not quality. NOW beer is another story. Life is tooooo short to drink cheap beer!
But, that doesn't have anything to do with cookware....
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 07:34 PM   #26

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I drink instant coffee... for me it's quantity not quality. NOW beer is another story. Life is tooooo short to drink cheap beer!
Sorry, Donna. Didn't mean to insult your choice of beverage. Coffee choice is very personal. I drink Dunkin' Donuts coffee, but consider Starbucks in the same class with kerosene. And I can't be bothered with the aeropress (heresy to some here) because of the effort to clean it properly. I use a 4-cup Mr. Coffee and Folgers Simply Smooth (do not grind my own). Several members here would use the word YUK to describe my coffee!
Old 12-20-2015, 07:40 PM   #27

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
It does for us homebrewers!

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 08:10 PM   #28
Site Team

Quote:
Sorry, Donna. Didn't mean to insult your choice of beverage. Coffee choice is very personal.
Carl, you didn't insult me. Life is about choices (kinda like trailer brands [wink, wink, wink] There are members here willing to spend a whole lot of money on cookware (notice my segue). Last week I spent $50 purchasing a COFFEE CUP.

Yep folks that know me when we're camping.... know I like my coffee. I've now gone through TWO-64 oz cups. One was so big it required a wheel. This new one is all stainless steel. And yes, it IS my coffee cup. Some would call it a growler...
Attached Thumbnails
Growler.JPG  
Old 12-20-2015, 08:20 PM   #29

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Come on Donna, for coffee?

"Vacuum insulated body and foam insulated lid keep beer cold 24 hours."
Old 12-20-2015, 08:23 PM   #30
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
Come on Donna, for coffee?

"Vacuum insulated body and foam insulated lid keep beer cold 24 hours."
Yes Bob, coffee... I drink my beer... room temperature, truly.
Old 12-20-2015, 08:30 PM   #31

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Carl, you didn't insult me. Life is about choices (kinda like trailer brands [wink, wink, wink] There are members here willing to spend a whole lot of money on cookware (notice my segue). Last week I spent $50 purchasing a COFFEE CUP.

Yep folks that know me when we're camping.... know I like my coffee. I've now gone through TWO-64 oz cups. One was so big it required a wheel. This new one is all stainless steel. And yes, it IS my coffee cup. Some would call it a growler...
For me at home I have a nice set of stainless and my 2 cast irons items . For camper my stainless are hand me downs used in previous campers too . Coffee is also a 4 cup Mr . Coffee electric drip pot given to us by a daughter who passed and has sentimental value . If boondocking just use instant coffee . Good for us . If I needed any stainless would check out thrift stores etc. Stainless really lasts probably the reason hospitals and commercial food prep use . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 08:55 AM   #32

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Quote:
Will I be pushing buttons if I say paper plates have their place, and real dishes have a place. In our case, it depends on what we are eating, how tired we are, the weather conditions, and planned post meal activities. And we find the microwave, the grill, and a cookstove all have their time and their place. The only thing that doesn't have a place (and should not) is instant coffee. YUK!
While I am a tea drinker, I totally agree with the rest of your post, Carl.
Old 12-21-2015, 10:43 AM   #33

Quote:
Not at all . We have paper plates and a couple dishes too . Forgot also have a stainless perk coffee pot in trailer . As for instant coffee found Starbucks packets at Costco which are very good if needed . And we really don't care for Starbucks at all . We can make a better cup at home or Mc Donald's senior coffee is not bad and a good price . Pat
Old 12-21-2015, 10:54 AM   #34

Quote:
No, if one actually enjoys paper plates for any benefits they bring, that is great for them. I just don't like using them, the waste and cost factor, or even having to stow them.

Same with coffee, if you enjoy instant, or even pre-ground beans, over fresh ground, that is fine too. Coffee is a huge enjoyment of my daily life, and I truly enjoy extracting every bit of deliciousness from it that I can. I can, and have, drank instant and pre-ground, even the Starbucks and Keurig offerings, but they taste stale compared to fresh ground. My name is Jim, and I am a coffee snob.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-21-2015, 11:06 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
No, if one actually enjoys paper plates for any benefits they bring, that is great for them. I just don't like using them, the waste and cost factor, or even having to stow them.

Same with coffee, if you enjoy instant, or even pre-ground beans, over fresh ground, that is fine too. Coffee is a huge enjoyment of my daily life, and I truly enjoy extracting every bit of deliciousness from it that I can. I can, and have, drank instant and pre-ground, even the Starbucks and Keurig offerings, but they taste stale compared to fresh ground. My name is Jim, and I am a coffee snob.
Pat
Old 12-21-2015, 11:10 AM   #36

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
..... My name is Jim, and I am a coffee snob.
We all have those folibles .... my name is Eric, and I am beer snob.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 11:18 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
We all have those folibles .... my name is Eric, and I am beer snob.
Oh man, total fail, I am one of those too. And a whiskey snob.....
Old 12-21-2015, 11:19 AM   #38

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
We purchased the Galleyware Hybrid Cookware (Hybrid Nesting Cookware Set | Galleyware Company) and have been very happy with it. Still have an extra skillet in the pantry as it seems you can never have enough of those.

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 11:30 AM   #39

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
I have the small Magnum set (without the non stick coating) and have been pleased with it. The heavy bottoms distribute the heat from camp stoves well & they are easy to clean. A bit heavy, but less than my favorite cast iron cookware I leave at home (I do carry a small Dutch Oven).

As to paper plates, I love them. Using them while dry camping saves water. Coffee? I don't do Starbucks, but do prefer drip coffee with freshly ground beans (Sumatra DP Mandheling from Smith's Restaurant Supply in Syracuse, NY is my favorite). Their Gourmet Hotel Decaf is the best decaf I've ever tasted.
Old 12-21-2015, 12:12 PM   #40

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
I'm not a coffee snob, cuz I will drink most any black coffee, but I have been dripping coffee with the original Melitta #6 cone into a thermos for 40 years. At home, I daily grind my favorite Kauai Coffee blend, and when camping or traveling I grind some in advance. It's the best coffee I ever drink! Drinking a cup right now.......

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote