Mailing to Canada - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 11-07-2016, 04:32 PM   #1

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Mailing to Canada

So we bought the fabric for our new 5.0TA and now we need to get it to ETI. Do folks have suggestions on the best way to mail the package? Thanks in advance for info and suggestions.
Steve
Starbrightsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 06:06 PM   #2

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17b
I think I'd just check with my local Post office for guidance.
J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 06:52 PM   #3

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
You can find out pretty much all you need to know about mailing at the PO's web site (www.usps.com). Click on International and you can find out what it'll cost ahead of time by filling in the information on the box size, weight and value. You will need the postal code for ETI as they charge a different rate, depending on how far the package has to travel.

Just be prepared for some sticker shock on mailing to Canada. It's not cheap, compared to mailing the same package to the USA.

You can fill out the customs form online as well as paying for it online. You can also schedule a pickup from your carrier (for free if it's part of your regular delivery, as opposed to a certain time to come by to pick it up, which will cost extra). When you fill out that form, they state at least one package has to be priority or express for a pickup, however if you fill it out as saying you have one of those and you really don't (as in parcel), they still pick it up. Heck, they want your business!

I do 99.99% of my shipping online. And I ship a lot, between my business and personal stuff that I'm selling.

If you don't want the carrier to pick it up (such as you're working and won't be home), you can still pay for it online. Just leave it on the counter at your local office and state it was paid for online. that way you won't have to wait in line to pay for it.

If you don't have a postage scale, you can still get the weight of the box by using an accurate bathroom scale.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 11:05 PM   #4

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
We just shipped our 6 yards of fabric from Alabama to Chilliwack. Used USPS because it was way more convenient for us than FedEx or UPS. Package weighed 10 lb. 7.2 oz. Cost us $62.90. Shipped it on 10/31, and they got it today (11/7). FedEx might have been a little cheaper, but it would have involved a 90 mile round trip that I didn't want to make. Interestingly, we could track shipment progress through either USPS Tracking (provided more detail) or Canada Post Tracking. The package spent most of it's 7-day trip in Miami (customs leaving the U.S.?) and Vancouver (customs entering Canada?).
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote