Maxx fan in a 19.... - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-07-2020, 07:20 PM   #1

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Maxx fan in a 19....

I think it’s standard, but do you give it up if you have A/C ? Do you wind up with both in a 19 (2020) ?
Voyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 07:21 PM   #2

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
You will have both unless something has changed.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 08:58 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
You will have both unless something has changed.
I sure hope so. I like ventilation and Trailers need the moisture out too.
Old 07-07-2020, 09:49 PM   #4

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
You will have both. If you opt for no A/C it will be just a static vent (no fan) in that spot. You can specifically request two MaxxFans.
Attached Thumbnails
E24352A6-0263-4D23-A9A2-A90865C81386.jpeg   AE600B6D-21E8-48FD-8B67-2A0B281D96AE.jpg  
Old 07-07-2020, 10:15 PM   #5

Very helpful. Thank you all.
Old 07-10-2020, 07:17 AM   #6

What model is the Maxxfan? And has anyone used the vent hoods Maxxfan offers to prevent rain from coming in?
Old 07-10-2020, 07:23 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
What model is the Maxxfan? And has anyone used the vent hoods Maxxfan offers to prevent rain from coming in?
The Maxxfan comes with the built in rainhood. The model is the 5100.
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 07:31 AM   #8

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTMartin View Post
The Maxxfan comes with the built in rainhood.

Correct! We have a MaxxFan that never turns off. Even in the rain. Even if I shut the vent and run it closed. We are always moving a little air and if you have solar panels, you just turn it on a slow speed and forget it. I switch directions of the air flow when it suits me. I bump it up to 40% when it gets too hot. We sleep with it on a slow speed (think silent).

It is a must for removing humidity.

You can travel with it either open or closed, you just have to make sure you lock it in place. Ours is always in the lock down position. It is extremely useful and I think you will find broad agreement on that one.
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 08:59 AM   #9

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I was told never to travel with the vent open, particularly when using refer on propane. You can create a vacuum inside the trailer that could cause a negative pressure and flame out thereby shutting down the refer.
Old 07-10-2020, 09:03 AM   #10

We always opt for the deluxe MaxxFan with the smoke lens vs the white standard top. Our first E19 had the white top and at night it seemed to attract any outside light and turn "on" so to speak. The smoke lens does not do that and even will let moon light inside. I replaced the lens on the first E19 to the smoke and ordered smoke on all the other Escapes. I still have the white lens in my garage. Also the deluxe has the remote feature.
Old 07-10-2020, 09:07 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I was told never to travel with the vent open, particularly when using refer on propane. You can create a vacuum inside the trailer that could cause a negative pressure and flame out thereby shutting down the refer.
Jim: I think that is an old wives tale when people were grasping for straws when refrigerators were not working well on propane while traveling. If installed properly the fridge is supposed to be sealed from the cabin. Any issues with the flame were likely from the turbulence created by the direct vents on the exterior shell.
Old 07-10-2020, 09:11 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Jim: I think that is an old wives tale when people were grasping for straws when refrigerators were not working well on propane while traveling. If installed properly the fridge is supposed to be sealed from the cabin. Any issues with the flame were likely from the turbulence created by the direct vents on the exterior shell.
I agree!!!

Edit: old style RV vents could be damaged by driving with them open, which may be where that came from too.
Old 07-10-2020, 09:11 AM   #13

Quote:
We always opt for the deluxe MaxxFan with the smoke lens vs the white standard top. Our first E19 had the white top and at night it seemed to attract any outside light and turn "on" so to speak. The smoke lens does not do that and even will let moon light inside. I replaced the lens on the first E19 to the smoke and ordered smoke on all the other Escapes. I still have the white lens in my garage. Also the deluxe has the remote feature.
Swapped out to smoke when the pivot arm broke and cracked the cover. Agree the smoke lens that comes on the 6200K is better to allow some soft light in. The standard white lets in very little light. Will Escape install the 6200 if asked by a customer or if the customer sends one to them? I don't think Escape installs the deluxe with remote and automatic opening any longer due to issues they've had.
Old 07-10-2020, 09:17 AM   #14

Quote:
Swapped out to smoke when the pivot arm broke and cracked the cover. Agree the smoke lens that comes on the 6200K is better to allow some soft light in. The standard white lets in very little light. Will Escape install the 6200 if asked by a customer or if the customer sends one to them? I don't think Escape installs the deluxe with remote and automatic opening any longer due to issues they've had.
I asked about the Deluxe and they said, no due to issues addressed here with solar systems exceeding the designed voltage of the control board.

I didn't ask about the smoke lens. I have a Deluxe with a smoke lens on my Sprinter van, and figured I could always swap the two covers if needed. Or buy a smoke lens for my Escape. I figured I'd wait and see.
Old 07-10-2020, 09:25 AM   #15

Quote:
Well I agree to the "if installed properly" but how many were/are not with the outside hot air being trapped on top of the unit. But I will continue to close my vents and strap the refer door shut to keep it tight. Personal preference....as Donna says, YMMV......
Old 07-10-2020, 09:25 AM   #16

Quote:
I didn't ask about the smoke lens. I have a Deluxe with a smoke lens on my Sprinter van, and figured I could always swap the two covers if needed. Or buy a smoke lens for my Escape. I figured I'd wait and see.
TT: Just a word of caution if you are looking to buy a smoke lens. AirXcel who makes the fan seems to gouge people for parts. I had seen an old post where someone got a new cover at a reasonable cost and then when I inquired it was ridiculous. I just bought a whole new fan and have all the other parts besides the cover as spares.
Old 07-10-2020, 09:29 AM   #17

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Our hybrid trailer used to suck in rain thru the bed hinges when driving if we left the vent open as opposed to staying dry with it closed. Might not be all that much of an old wives tale.
Old 07-10-2020, 09:33 AM   #18

Quote:
I asked about the Deluxe and they said, no due to issues addressed here with solar systems exceeding the designed voltage of the control board.

I believe Ron in BC just changed his board, but his was caused by water issues, not the excess voltage. Not sure if he drives with his vent open, but that could be an issue.
Old 07-10-2020, 09:41 AM   #19

Quote:
I believe Ron in BC just changed his board, but his was caused by water issues, not the excess voltage. Not sure if he drives with his vent open, but that could be an issue.
The Maxxair 7500K Deluxe is almost always open on my Sprinter van. That included driving at the 80 mph speed limit (not towing) in northwestern states. No problems driving with it open.
Old 07-10-2020, 09:50 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
Our hybrid trailer used to suck in rain thru the bed hinges when driving if we left the vent open as opposed to staying dry with it closed. Might not be all that much of an old wives tale.
I'm not questioning that the open vent might put the trailer under a slight negative. I'm questioning that the negative is enough to make the flame go out that is on the backside of a refrigerator that is supposed to be sealed to the interior and has it's own source of outside air from the lower vent (which would act to counteract any negative as air is pulled in). Sucking the cold air out of a refrigerator with a poor door seal is another story!