Measurements of Microwave cabinet in the 21' - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 03-05-2014, 05:03 PM   #1

Trailer: 21' Escape
Measurements of Microwave cabinet in the 21'

I didn't order the microwave. Does anyone know the dimensions of the microwave cabinet. Thanks in advance
floorpanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:50 PM   #2

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Don't know if they are the same, but the measurements of the empty microwave cabinet in our 19 are: opening is 18 3/4"w x 11 3/8"h - inside dimensions are 23 1/4" w x 12"d x 11 7/8" h. Hope that helps.
Glennrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:58 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I'll post it tomorrow am, if you can wait.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:23 PM   #4

Thanks to both of you. I bet they are the same.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:08 PM   #5

Okay, is are my "Microwave" cabinet space information- opening is 18.5"w x 11.5"h the interior space is 22" deep x21"w x 11.75" high. One caveat, ETI knew I was not getting a microwave from the start and I also have a little cubby above this space. I do not know if you plan on getting the microwave and order it on your build sheet if ETI changes their cabinetry?
Old 03-06-2014, 12:14 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennrose View Post
Don't know if they are the same, but the measurements of the empty microwave cabinet in our 19 are: opening is 18 3/4"w x 11 3/8"h - inside dimensions are 23 1/4" w x 12"d x 11 7/8" h. Hope that helps.
This is interesting as in my Escape 19' with the microwave above the refer, the removal of the microwave revealed a huge cavern that extended all the way back to the exterior wall where the 120v outlet was located. I estimated at least close to a foot of dead space behind my microwave which I felt was wasted. Thus your depth of 12" seems incorrect as the microwave has to be at least 12" deep and there was another 10-12" behind it. Can you verify this? Perhaps in my 19' the microwave was lower as my refer was smaller. I still had a pantry above the microwave and I realize the walls curve in? Not sure where you micro is located.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:07 PM   #7

Thanks again, I am thinking about getting a microwave to take with us when we pick up the trailer. Just didn't want to get one that want fit.

Jerry
Old 03-06-2014, 05:05 PM   #8

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
This is interesting as in my Escape 19' with the microwave above the refer, the removal of the microwave revealed a huge cavern that extended all the way back to the exterior wall where the 120v outlet was located. I estimated at least close to a foot of dead space behind my microwave which I felt was wasted. Thus your depth of 12" seems incorrect as the microwave has to be at least 12" deep and there was another 10-12" behind it. Can you verify this? Perhaps in my 19' the microwave was lower as my refer was smaller. I still had a pantry above the microwave and I realize the walls curve in? Not sure where you micro is located.
The space for the micro is directly above the fridge. Ours was one of the first 2012 19s that did not get the 5 cf fridge (October). We opted for the 4.3 with no microwave so we could use the space as a pantry. We also have the cubbie above which you would not get if you ordered the larger fridge.

I have to say we were a bit surprised that the depth was only 12" because we'd told Reese we may get a convection oven down the road. You're right, 12" hardly seems deep enough, but that is what it is. Apparently the vent for the fridge goes up behind that space to the roof, which was also a fairly new thing when they built ours.

Since we've lived with our little cottage for 17 months now we no longer lust after the micro/convection we'd originally planned - they are very heavy. Got a little toaster oven that works really well outside when we're hooked up. The "pantry" & cubbie work well, even with the shallower depth. We're happy
Glennrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:16 PM   #9

So you refer vents to the roof, that explains the smallness of the area, my 19 had the vents on the side thus the cubby was full cabinet depth. Plus my refer was 3.2 I think.