More crooked carpentry - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 06-26-2022, 08:52 AM   #41

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I think I was there that year, it seemed the river flooded the cg or the rain was not draining fast enough......
Hi Jim and good morning,

The fall you picked up your second 19 and stopped at this rally on your way home, we were at Scott County Park in Iowa because the Mississippi River had flood level water and the Corps had closed the camp ground.

In 2019, intense rain flooded the CG and some campers were surrounded by water part of the weekend. This occurred due to slow drainage of rainwater through saturated soil or needed to be pumped away. The river was not high that fall. Your site on the east loop and those on the north side loop stayed relatively dry. This prompted Paul to move the “headquarters” to higher ground found in those loops. And that’s where it will be this fall.

I haven’t checked reservation levels in some time but I suspect the rally “recommended” sites are pretty much booked at this time. That said, the CG is very walkable and barring torrential rains. That said, there are
no truly “bad sites” in the whole CG. Some windy, some shady, some with and some without a view of the river. All filled with nice folks with years, months. weeks, and in some instances only a few days of camping experience. All are welcome and valuable participants.

Iowa Dave
Old 06-26-2022, 09:15 AM   #42

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I'm glad your memory is better than mine, between the two of us we can tell a tall tale or two.......
Old 06-26-2022, 10:17 AM   #43

Memory

Hi Jim,
I take a lot of pictures and can check the dates and locations. I’m not good at filing them however so it takes me a few minutes to find the digital image that I have stored as a visual in my mind. And many photos have a story associated.

Although I have an education based on science the tie to anecdotal experiences is more valuable to me at this time. Especially when the topic at hand is somehow connected by the ganglia of life experiences and has a humorous ( to me) or perceived educational benefit to others. Probably a defect but will not be corrected at this late date cause I don’t care. And I don’t have to show a report card to anybody.
Iowa Dave
Old 06-26-2022, 11:13 AM   #44

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Just don’t take any direct measurements off of the floor.

For years now the seams in the floor have been covered in filler…some areas a little…some a lot. Using a square on the floor will not necessarily give you a perfect vertical line if it is sitting on one of these humps.

You have a better chance if you place something straight the full length of the trailer and measuring off of that.

Of course on the outside the belly band is widely used and considered straight on the trailer for measuring from.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 12:28 AM   #45

Trailer: 2024 Escape 23 on order, 2022 RAM 1500 5.7L Laramie
I spent 30 minutes realigning the 110V and 12V outlets. My guess is that they were installed by someone with an inner ear infection.
bborzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 10:10 AM   #46

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Hi Jim and good morning,

The fall you picked up your second 19 and stopped at this rally on your way home, we were at Scott County Park in Iowa because the Mississippi River had flood level water and the Corps had closed the camp ground.

In 2019, intense rain flooded the CG and some campers were surrounded by water part of the weekend. This occurred due to slow drainage of rainwater through saturated soil or needed to be pumped away. The river was not high that fall. Your site on the east loop and those on the north side loop stayed relatively dry. This prompted Paul to move the “headquarters” to higher ground found in those loops. And that’s where it will be this fall.

Iowa Dave
Hi Dave - I thought the year that Paul was underwater was 2018 since I was sure we were just down from Paul. In 2019 we were just across from Jim in the east loop. But then my memory is not like yours Dave. I'm lucky to recall one story from years ago!

Back to Escape quality. Even back in Reace's day things were not perfect by any means. One of our counter extensions was not installed properly and came off one side. I found a scratch where a screwdriver appeared to go through the roof near the hatch above bed and on the roof are a few drips of proflex. Our 2007 didn't have any of these but then perhaps Reace himself did that work.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 12:17 PM   #47

Photo

Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
Hi Dave - I thought the year that Paul was underwater was 2018 since I was sure we were just down from Paul. In 2019 we were just across from Jim in the east loop. But then my memory is not like yours Dave. I'm lucky to recall one story from years ago!

Back to Escape quality. Even back in Reace's day things were not perfect by any means. One of our counter extensions was not installed properly and came off one side. I found a scratch where a screwdriver appeared to go through the roof near the hatch above bed and on the roof are a few drips of proflex. Our 2007 didn't have any of these but then perhaps Reace himself did that work.
Hi Adrian
My photo is dated September 27, 2019 11:05 AM so that is why I thought it was 2019. Paul could probably set us straight. Seems like late September is usually a wet time of the year in Eastern Iowa/ Western Illinois. I have a good memory yet but it’s certainly not infallible. I would rather bet on my ability at the time than my memory of past accomplishments except when I talking about big fish I caught. I have a visual fishing joke, ask me about it next time you see me.
Iowa Dave
Old 06-27-2022, 01:04 PM   #48

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I have a visual fishing joke, ask me about it next time you see me.
Iowa Dave

I would love to hear that tale....
Old 06-27-2022, 05:15 PM   #49

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I have a visual fishing joke, ask me about it next time you see me.
Iowa Dave

I would love to hear that tale....
Hi: cpaharley2008... A fish tail? Sounds like "The one that got away"!!!: facepalm: Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote