Mouse Question ( real mouse) - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 08-19-2019, 05:22 PM   #21
Site Team

Trailer: Escape#4, 2019 Escape21 DejaView pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Rhubarb made with Glenn's garden variety....I wish I could taste my mother's rhubarb pie once more....

cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 06:03 PM   #22

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A -- "The Pullman"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
....I wish I could taste my mother's rhubarb pie once more....

My dad used to say that once in a while, after we moved from Lycoming Co. to Ventura Co. (CA). Then, when my grandparents moved out here, Grandma planted rhubarb, but... it was not the same.

dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 06:13 PM   #23

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I used to talk about my mother's scalloped potatoes. Finally my wife asked mom for the recipe.
It was Betty Crocker, from a box.
Old 08-19-2019, 06:53 PM   #24

Trailer: "SOJOURNER" a 2019 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Try to visit Great Smokey Mountain NP next summer, specifically Elkmont, Tn where the fireflies for 3 weeks are synchronized, daylight then darkness, all together. Really a sight to see, as if someone was turning a light on and off.
Synchronized fireflies, Jim! Never knew such creatures existed! Thanks for sharing this fabulous phenomenon!

I grew up in the Piedmont area of North Carolina - just sold my house there - where "lightning bugs" (the common variety) are among the first heralds of summer, accompanied by cicadas and tree frogs. SOJOURNER will allow me to come and go whenever I like, and next May will surely find me on my sister's back porch in NC. I'll remain there to enjoy the dogwoods, azaleas, and summer's sweet awakening - then leave when the mosquitoes begin biting as the worst of summer's heat begins to set in. Who knows? Maybe I'll coax her and my BIL into going with me to experience the synchronized fireflies. According to this article, they can be found not too far away and in spots far less populated by crowds of people. And we can now camp out - inside! https://www.rei.com/blog/news/rare-f...north-carolina

Life is a journey, not a destination. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
brightday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 07:41 PM   #25
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
I chased wood rats (aka packrats) out of my 1993 Mercedes cabriolet (convertible) with mothball bars, like these, https://www.amazon.com/6OZ-Moth-Bar-.../dp/B0037PGI60

I cut the hook off them, one lives under the hood in a handy flat space behind the driver-side headlight, and the other lives in the bottom of the compartment that the convertible top folds up into. they last a few months in warm weather, probably longer in cold. yes, my car has that faint mothball smell when its parked, but driving open top, you don't smell a thing.

beats finding one of these every week...
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 09:08 PM   #26

Trailer: "SOJOURNER" a 2019 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
I chased wood rats (aka packrats) out of my 1993 Mercedes cabriolet (convertible) with mothball bars, like these, https://www.amazon.com/6OZ-Moth-Bar-.../dp/B0037PGI60
Well done, John! I'd gladly endure the mothball smell to rid myself of destructive pack rats! Gonna put your idea in my file against the day I may have to use it!

Life is a journey, not a destination. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
brightday is offline   Reply With Quote