My $38,000 new Escape - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-12-2021, 09:10 PM   #21

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Deja voo doo?
Old 07-12-2021, 09:41 PM   #22

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
We’ve only had the two Escapes. We had two at once for about a week till we sold the 19. In birds of prey the larger of a pair of the same species is the female. So our 21 is a lady. I locked them in the building together every night and hoped that after a gestation period we might get a 17 but it did not happen. Maybe they just weren’t compatible. Both were sturdy, good looking and came from a good home but the fact that they both came from the same home might have been the problem.

I really had good luck getting kittens when I lived in western Iowa . Just let the females live outside and the next thing I knew, kittens! I lived in a park house in a popular overlook park. At about 7 weeks I’d put up a free kittens sign and put the kittens in the yard in my big wire German Shorthair kennel. It would only take one or two days and those park visitors with kids in the car would be new cat owners. Never had one come back.
So good luck on your # 5 Jim, maybe consider bigger propane tanks on this one and a quart of new trailer smell in a spray bottle. You will get it right soon. I hope.
Iowa Dave
Old 07-13-2021, 09:20 AM   #23

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Dave just where in that building did you think the 17 would live once born, looks pretty full with mom and dad
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 08:24 PM   #24

Expansion

Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
Dave just where in that building did you think the 17 would live once born, looks pretty full with mom and dad
I have three acres out here and a lot more in Tama county so another building is not out of the question. Once we sold the nineteen to a direct relative of the great American Big Band Leader, Glenn Miller, there’s room now for another but I do not see it happening and I have a second boat that lives outside and in its old age I’m starting to feel sorry for it. I have owned it twice since I was 15 but it’s not seen the water for some time. Did I mention I have a few stories to tell?
Have a food week. Turdeau as you like to call him and tell him to open the border when you have a few minutes. Tell him it’s the decent thing to do.
Iowa Dave
Old 07-13-2021, 10:44 PM   #25

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19, "Zen Purple", 2017 4X4 Chevy Colorado/Duramax
Wow, this thread plus several others have made me exceedingly happy that: #1 - I already have an Escape; #2 - I’m mostly happy with the model I have and the options I chose (although knowing what I know now I’d do a few things differently); and #3 - most importantly, I have developed a fondness and emotional attachment to my “Zen Purple”. I have spent so many wonderful days and nights camped in amazing spots, and it’s never let me down. I swear it has good karma!! My happy place, for sure
salmo7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 06:44 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmo7000 View Post
Wow, this thread plus several others have made me exceedingly happy that: #1 - I already have an Escape; #2 - I’m mostly happy with the model I have and the options I chose (although knowing what I know now I’d do a few things differently); and #3 - most importantly, I have developed a fondness and emotional attachment to my “Zen Purple”. I have spent so many wonderful days and nights camped in amazing spots, and it’s never let me down. I swear it has good karma!! My happy place, for sure
`Hi Katherine
i was checking the interagency fire reports last night and hope you have been safe from the fires in Idaho. i noted several on the Nez Perce/Clearwater. i know you won't take any chances, just hoping you are safe and not too close to any activity.
Iowa Dave
Old 07-14-2021, 08:35 AM   #27

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Hey Jim, did you skip the 120v inverter?

I think I remember with 'Deja View' you went entirely 12 v.. Correct me if I am wrong.
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 09:03 AM   #28

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19, "Zen Purple", 2017 4X4 Chevy Colorado/Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
`Hi Katherine
i was checking the interagency fire reports last night and hope you have been safe from the fires in Idaho. i noted several on the New Perce/Clearwater. i know you won't take any chances, just hoping you are safe and not too close to any activity.
Iowa Dave
Thanks for your kind words Dave . Yes it’s getting pretty bad here and in Montana, but so far no fires near my home. It has definitely put a damper on our camping activity though! Luckily we got out several times in May and June before it really got bad, but we’re pretty much hunkered down for now. All the places I love to go do seem to be affected, and of course the smoke is pretty bad.

Hope you are well, and that I run into you out there one day soon!!
salmo7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 11:10 AM   #29

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleTim View Post
Hey Jim, did you skip the 120v inverter?

I think I remember with 'Deja View' you went entirely 12 v.. Correct me if I am wrong.
No inverter, never used one and can operate fine without one. Just some judicious planning of 12v outlets placement.......