My build sheet: FIVE more days - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 12-20-2017, 12:14 PM   #41

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Looking at the outside of the 17A, you can see that the wheel well is under the window over the sink. Furnace vent is right outside the furnace location and toward the front of the trailer from the wheel well.
Attached Thumbnails
9-10-15--089.jpg  
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 12:35 PM   #42

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Thanks, Don. So i'm clear, the inside width of that lower cabinet (front to back of trailer from end of bed to kitchen wall) ) is 15 3/4, the height to to bottom (from floor to underneath of upper wardrobe) is at least 16 1/2, and the measurement from inside the cabinet along the floor to the wood panel which is toward the outer driver side wall is 16 3/4. Have I got it right?

Your help is much appreciated.
Old 12-20-2017, 02:40 PM   #43

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owmn View Post
Maybe the last question...I need to pick a place for the zamp solar port for my portable solar. The two 6v batteries are on the back bumper, one on each side of the spare tire. My choices for port are passenger side rear, driver's side rear, or driver's side by the shore electric connection port. Any advice gratefully accepted.
with the 17 having the batteries on the bumper you could Just connect to the batteries there with your portable panel and controller . or you could add a zamp port right at the battery box. I believe you would want the solar wiring as short as possible. No need to even go in the trailer. If you had a controller in the trailer it would make more to have a zamp connector in the trailer but you do not. Just another option
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 10:13 AM   #44

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Thanks, Don. So i'm clear, the inside width of that lower cabinet (front to back of trailer from end of bed to kitchen wall) ) is 15 3/4, the height to to bottom (from floor to underneath of upper wardrobe) is at least 16 1/2, and the measurement from inside the cabinet along the floor to the wood panel which is toward the outer driver side wall is 16 3/4. Have I got it right?
Your help is much appreciated.
15-3/4 is correct; 16˝ is from floor to top of opening (inside top of space is a little higher);16-3/4 depth is correct.

I concur with Michael (NEWYORKHILLBILLY) that since the battery location is at the exterior rear, connection of a portable panel (w/controller) is very easily done there. If I add a portable, that's what I would do. (We do have the ETI-installed 150W on the roof, which I may add tilt to if it is easy to do, sim. to Jon V.'s recent posting).
Have a great trip. So.Cal. is almost smoke free on (and over) the I-5 corridor.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 10:19 PM   #45

A quick update--I finished and signed off on the build sheet with about an hour to spare. Many thanks to All the folks who helped here and in other threads. It's great to have it done. Now I'm focused on planning for stuff and storage, and looking forward to meeting many of you in May. Happy new year to all.
Old 01-12-2018, 09:37 AM   #46

Trailer: 2018 21'
What is full wrap on cushions?
hollyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 09:48 AM   #47
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyt View Post
Stock cushions have vinyl on the bottom. Full wrap just means upholstery on all sides.
Old 01-12-2018, 09:50 AM   #48

Trailer: 2018 21'
Thank you. What is the advantage of not getting the vinyl on the bottom?
hollyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 10:11 AM   #49

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
the vinyl allows children or those in wet swim suits to sit without worry about staining or getting the cushion soaked.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:46 AM   #50

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
On my last trailer, the bed cushions were vinyl on the bottom, like the ETI stock seats. We had no condensation between the cushion and the plywood underneath it. Others that camped at the same time had cushions with fabric all around, they had condensation. I believed our lack of condensation was from the vinyl underside, no real scientific proof though. So to me the vinyl was a good thing, if one plans on using it for sleeping.

Some say the vinyl to fabric stitches are a weak point. Some like the fabric all around, I think to allow you to rotate them for longer fabric life.

Another reason is what Jim mentions.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:46 AM   #51
Site Team

Quote:
Thank you. What is the advantage of not getting the vinyl on the bottom?
The advantage is, they are reversible. There are pluses and minuses to either option. We like the full wrap.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:35 AM   #52

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
I have used the vinyl side to put wet rugs on to dry.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:51 PM   #53

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
If one side gets cut, snagged, marked you still have the other side as a backup.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 10:49 PM   #54

Soliciting information/experience about table size. I will have the Springfield pedestal in my 17A and was expecting a full length table. The pics show the shorter table which I understand has an 8 inch filler. A couple of questions.

Do people with the full table have trouble getting in and out of the dinette benches? (I will have the slider.)

Which end would the filler piece go? From the picture, I assume at the edge toward the center of the trailer. That means that the table edge will be 8 inches inside the floor ledge. Since the 17 has such small counter space, I plan on using the table for prep space which will be awkward 8 inches from the step up.

All advice gratefully accepted.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:49 PM   #55
Site Team

Quote:
Soliciting information/experience about table size. I will have the Springfield pedestal in my 17A and was expecting a full length table. The pics show the shorter table which I understand has an 8 inch filler. A couple of questions.

Do people with the full table have trouble getting in and out of the dinette benches? (I will have the slider.)

Which end would the filler piece go? From the picture, I assume at the edge toward the center of the trailer. That means that the table edge will be 8 inches inside the floor ledge. Since the 17 has such small counter space, I plan on using the table for prep space which will be awkward 8 inches from the step up.

Which picture do you refer to?
Old 03-14-2018, 03:04 AM   #56

Trailer: 17b - 2017 model
Quote:

ETI was at least for a while making tables without filler strips. The table was maybe 4" shorter than the gap from what I remember. Someone else could verify. This was with a table that slides side to side, so 8" with a slider would be more than enough.

I didn't want to mess with a slider myself, so I asked them to make me a 12" filler strip. This is about the smallest gap you would want without a slider. The old trailers had 10" filler strips, but they also had about a 2" gap at the wall in the bed position and zero gap in the table position, so it was effectively the same as having a 12" filer strip on the new tables that don't have a gap when in the bed position.

I made some cardboard mockups when deciding this. I'd recommend doing the same to get a feel for the dimensions since the ideal gap size will be somewhat dependent on your physical size.
paulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 05:06 AM   #57

Trailer: 21 foot
Where did you purchase this shelf? Tre’ cool.
Adeline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 12:03 PM   #58

Adeline, I'm not clear on the shelf you're referring to.
Old 03-23-2018, 02:35 PM   #59

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Adeline, I'm not clear on the shelf you're referring to.
There is a shelf in post #6 but it was handmade.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 09:54 AM   #60

If anyone has their 17 handy, would you be willing to get a couple of measurements? One is the counter from the right hand edge of the sink (its farthest on-top-of-the-counter edge where the stainless stops) to backsplash on the far right against the wardrobe/bathroom.

The other is probably the same in any model bench seat, the depth (aisle toward side wall) of the OPENING of the dinette bench when the hinge is open. I am trying to determine if the crates I have (13 3/4") will fit down into that underbench area.

Thanks in advance for your help.