My build sheet: FIVE more days - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 12-18-2017, 11:56 PM   #21

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Can someone point me to the map that shows there escape owners live? I have seen it several times but tonight I can't find it at all. Thanks.
Old 12-18-2017, 11:59 PM   #22

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Should be here if you click on "owners map". Then, at the bottom of the map, click on "view larger map".
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2017-12-18 at 9.57.36 PM.png  
Old 12-19-2017, 12:15 AM   #23

Thanks. I was looking on the escape site.
Old 12-19-2017, 09:30 AM   #24

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
My build sheet: FIVE more days

For us, the exterior hatches are great. I can reach everything from the outside. It is a pain to remove the cushions once the DW is sitting comfortably. I vote exterior hatches.

Fred M.

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 12:00 PM   #25

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B "L'Escaboose" with 2021 Ford F150 XLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owmn View Post
Nindy, I don't think I could get a hatch near my electrical cord...there's a lot of "stuff" in that location (driver's side rear corner) . Am I looking in the right place?
The storage where I have a hatch in my 2015 17B is the passenger rear side, under one of the dinette/bed benches. I have the detachable electric cord and I store it, various adapters, my water hose, a bucket, cleaning supplies, dog shampoo, safety equipment, etc. there. Plenty of room.

The driver's side under the bench is where the water heater and other things are. No room for storage there. And that's probably where the non-detachable electric cords are since the electric hookup is there on the exterior.
Nindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 12:15 PM   #26

Quote:
Thanks for your help, Nindy. Do you have the front storage box? I'm getting that, so I think a lot of setup stuff will go in there. I could have three hatches, but at the moment, I'm thinking I'll only get the back passenger side one. I hadn't thought about security and insulation as Don suggests...good points.

Where are your captain's lights...at the front bed, or in the dinette made into a bed area?

I like the name of your trailer!
I do have the front storage box and it's a definite must! I keep the bars for the weight distribution hitch in there, plus chocks, leveling block, tools (although not such a good idea since they are getting rusty stored there), hitch wheel, sometimes my folding chairs when it's not going to be raining. They do warn you it's not rain tight.

As far as the exterior hatches, I don't worry about security since there's a lock. If anyone wants to steal anything, it's just as easy to break the lock on the door, the storage box, a window...

I was such a newbie other than my parents having a motorhome when I was a teenager that I really loaded up my trailer. I thought captain's lights were a good idea but had no idea where to put them so went with ETI's suggestion of the back corners of the trailer where the large dinette/bed is. I like them to read by at night better than the nearby big lights since I can point them more directly to my book.

I have the bunk bed option in the front of the trailer. Between the options I now have of bunk beds, a couch, or small dinette, I find myself leaving the front as bunk beds all the time. I don't store anything on the top bunk while moving but once at a destination, the top bunk is useful for camera equipment, books, extra clothes, big insulated overalls, blankets.

The lower bunk is the doggie hideaway for napping. Plus I slept there last month for the first time - with two dogs - so my brother could sleep one night on the bigger bed when it was going to be 20 degrees and he didn't really feel like setting up his tent when he arrived. Even for a small person it's hard to crawl in and out of there. Could have been the two dogs who wouldn't move and also trying not to step in the food and water bowls!
Old 12-19-2017, 12:23 PM   #27

I love your color choices! I think I like the light Formica better but either would look great. I was choosing between light and dark and I chose light.

Here's a pic that shows the placement of the captain's lights and also my Ikea towel bar that I put in the front of the trailer since there is no place to hang towels.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2092.jpg   IMG_0723a.jpg  
Old 12-19-2017, 12:32 PM   #28

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nindy View Post
............. - with two dogs - so my brother could sleep one night on the bigger bed when it was going to be 20 degrees .........
Always wondered about what the "per dog"/temperature range is. 2 dog night is 20°--good to know.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 12:55 PM   #29

Thanks, Nindy, your pictures help a lot. That towel rack is nice!

Do you recall the name of your formica? And is your trim (table and counter) cream or white?
Old 12-19-2017, 01:15 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nindy View Post
..........Here's a pic that shows the placement of the captain's lights and also my Ikea towel bar that I put in the front of the trailer since there is no place to hang towels. (Sorry - my vertical photos always show up sideways but someone may fix that!)
Our captains lights are in the same location.
That Ikea towel bar is a good idea; we're going to borrow it! Thanks. We've been using a spring-loaded curtain rod over the bed across the front cabinets, but it's in the way.
EDIT: Nindy, do you have a SKU or make/model for that towel rack. Our search of Ikea's site has not produced results, yet.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:24 PM   #31

Oh, and Nindy, what's that on the wall underneath the towel rack?
Old 12-19-2017, 02:29 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
Always wondered about what the "per dog"/temperature range is. 2 dog night is 20°--good to know.
Yes, that's a good ratio for 20 degrees. Two dogs on an 80 degree night is just ridiculous.
Old 12-19-2017, 02:39 PM   #33

Quote:
Thanks, Nindy, your pictures help a lot. That towel rack is nice!

Do you recall the name of your formica? And is your trim (table and counter) cream or white?
You're welcome! I do love the towel rack and it swings out far enough that when I have the bunk bed up the towels can still hang in front of it.

What you're seeing on the wall below it is the place where the bar slides in to hold the top bunk bed in place. The bunk is the cushion against the wall (plus another narrow piece that hides behind it for storage) for the dinette/couch that just swings up and has extendable arms that slide into two holes in the wall on one side and into the wardrobe on the other.

My formica is Travertine 3526-58. It matches really well with the standard ETI floor and with my fabric. I have cream trim. I think we actually didn't have a choice then.
Old 12-19-2017, 02:41 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
Nindy, do you have a SKU or make/model for that towel rack. Our search of Ikea's site has not produced results, yet.
Yikes, it does look like Ikea no longer has it unless you can find it in a store. They have something similar that doesn't have good reviews. That's too bad if they no longer carry it because it's made well and works well and looks very nice.
Old 12-19-2017, 02:56 PM   #35

don, bbbeyond has several, one wood and one silver, both with small footprints.
Amazon has one similar to nindy's with a tall mount sections.
https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...yABEgIMzfD_BwE

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...iABEgLv_PD_BwE

and
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0749DPPFJ...a-412534407514

both places have several other suggested alternatives. edited to substitute correct amazon link.
Old 12-19-2017, 03:38 PM   #36

Quote:

and

both places have several other suggested alternatives. edited to substitute correct amazon link.
Yes, I just bought that second one for my kitchen. It's smaller and just the right size for kitchen towels. The third one looks more like the Ikea but the bars are only 12 inches. I'm thinking mine is more like 16-18 inches. I would go out and measure mine but it's in storage in the caves. I won't be getting it out again until the end of January.

We have a lot of limestone cave storage here in Kansas City and I love keeping my trailer there so I don't have to winterize. I use it throughout the winter at my property in southern MO. They store over 1,000 RVs and boats underground where I take mine!
Old 12-19-2017, 03:42 PM   #37

Quote:

and

Thanks, Barbara. Those are helpful.
Nindy,
Thanks for confirming the absence of the product from Ikea.
Old 12-19-2017, 03:55 PM   #38

This one in brushed nickel looks a lot like mine and has longer arms.

https://www.amazon.com/NORTHSTAR-DEC...340N72AZS8QHF8
Old 12-20-2017, 02:01 AM   #39

Maybe the last question...I need to pick a place for the zamp solar port for my portable solar. The two 6v batteries are on the back bumper, one on each side of the spare tire. My choices for port are passenger side rear, driver's side rear, or driver's side by the shore electric connection port. Any advice gratefully accepted.
Old 12-20-2017, 12:09 PM   #40

Barbara,
Here are some photos of the wardrobe under-cabinet configuration on our 2015 - 17A. First one is a build photo of the general area. The cabinet under sink is shallow, because the wheel well is behind it. Second photo is looking straight in at the under-wardrobe cabinet, and to its left under the stove and furnace, a full depth cabinet as well.
Attached Thumbnails
9-10-15--095.jpg   DSCF4865.jpg