My Escape 5.0TA order - Page 6 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-12-2018, 12:55 AM   #101

Trailer: 2018 5.0 T/A "Escaper"
Kent is that the standard latch in that comes with the ultimate hitch? My hitch is on order again now since amazon sent me a pipe vise the first time instead. That looks like a clean way to install the latch.

Wish ETI or Trademasters offered a paint protection film. I thought about going to Vancouver to have some installed but decided I wanted to get camping as quick as I can. Planning on a "whisker type" mudflap at my truck receiver so that should offer some decent protection as well.

Your trailer was well thought out and looks great!
akmacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 01:57 PM   #102

Trailer: 2015 Esc 21. Formerly, Casita LD (16 & 17)
I just gotta say your pickup looks way better with the TA hitched to it than it did with that dinky little U-Haul. Congrats on your new rig! Happy trails...
Old 05-12-2018, 04:37 PM   #103

Trailer: Soon to be: 2018 Escape 5.0 TA
Congrats Kent, she's a beauty!! It must feel good to see all your hard work and planning come together in that rig!

Well done!
Jim
Bilbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 04:52 PM   #104

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Beautiful combination! Happy travels, and see you at Osoyoos.
Old 05-12-2018, 08:16 PM   #105

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA / 2018 GMC Canyon/Duramax
Mileage for my Canyon with Duramax Diesel

Average truck and U-Haul loaded to ETI = 26.5
Average back home with 5.0TA = 17.8
Entire trip overall average = 21.1
Best = 29.8
Worst = 17.3
Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 08:59 AM   #106

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
Well here I sit at Jim & Marys RV park on my way home. 200 miles to go, then get ready for the Escape Rally.

Thought I would post some pictures of trailer and some things I've managed to get done while making my way home.

Here are pictures going to Chilliwack and coming home and some interior shots.
Beautiful trailer. Enjoy!

What is your stove cover? Sorry if you already mentioned. Need to do something about the unfinished wood “cutting board” that is supplied by Dickinson. Don’t use it as a cutting board so I guess a light stain and lacquer would be fine.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 03:58 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
What is your stove cover?
The material is King Starboard and had it cut to needed dimensions. Same for sink except after getting I cut a rabbet on one side to fit the sink opening. Though they could be used as cutting board. I have no plans to use as such and will keep those thin cutting sheets if needed. The material can be cut with regular wood working tools.

The only colors it comes in that I know of is Whites, Greys or Black.
Old 05-13-2018, 06:24 PM   #108

Dickenson 2 Burner Cooktop

During my orientation I noticed the cutting board would not sit into the stove top, but rather sitting lopsided. I found ETI had installed the cook top using the screw in method versus the preferred under mount as outlined in the directions.

I pointed it out to the young man and he really did not have an answer. On the table of left over items and stuff they give you. I found the under mount brackets that came with the cook top. I advised the young man these were the brackets to under mount the cook top per the directions. Again just kind of got deer in head light look.

I knew if they could be installed I could do it later so I did not push the issue. Sure enough, today I installed the under mount brackets with the cook top in place and removed the screws.

If you are planning to have ETI install the Dickinson Cook top make sure you advise them you want it to be installed using the under mount brackets that come with the cook top. Otherwise the cutting board will not sit into the cook top like it should due to the screw heads sitting in the way.
Old 05-13-2018, 06:49 PM   #109

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
The material is King Starboard ...
The only colors it comes in that I know of is Whites, Greys or Black.
King StarBoard
(high-density polyethylene)
It is supposed to be available in eight standard colours, but they are all shades of grey except one tan.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 10:38 PM   #110

Lagun Mount

Today I installed black Formica panels into refrigerator doors and started the Lagun table mount project.

The only thing remaining for the Lagun mount is to install the metal brace behind the wall, but that will have to wait until after Osoyoos.

It is pretty solid without the metal brace now as I mounted two ľ” plywood panels; one panel to fill the framing behind the bench foot board and the second larger panel to sandwich the inserted panel and the framing.

I also ran a strip of 3/4” angle aluminum across the top of bench as well.
Attached Thumbnails
1_Lagun_Mount_DSC_2010.jpg   2_Lagun_Mount_DSC_2007.jpg   3_Lagun_Mount_DSC_2006.jpg  
Old 05-19-2018, 11:32 PM   #111

Looks great Kent!

I went the same route as you and widened the back dinette bench width and am also planning to go the Langan table route. I’d still like to have some semblance of a table for use on our two week trip back home after pickup so I’m planning to install the standard Escape table top and legs on a piece of plywood sized to fit the available floor space. Should be plenty stable for the trip home.

I was wondering if you could tell me the dimensions of the available floor space from edge of aluminum banding to circuit breaker box, and from drivers side bench to passenger side bench as shown on this image. This would allow me to precut the piece of plywood for the floor mount.

Appreciate the help!
Thanks
Jim
Attached Thumbnails
DinetteSpace.jpg  
Old 05-20-2018, 07:52 PM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

I was wondering if you could tell me the dimensions of the available floor space from edge of aluminum banding to circuit breaker box, and from drivers side bench to passenger side bench as shown on this image. This would allow me to precut the piece of plywood for the floor mount.

Appreciate the help!
Thanks
Jim
Jim, dimension left to right between trim/moldings and front to back from power center cover to just short of metal edging. The DS corner trim/molding is actually shorter distance from power center than metal trim. Understand I cannot speak to variances between builds. Suggest you have some sort of padding on bottom and edges to protect the floor and trim/moldings.

Good luck!
Attached Thumbnails
Modified U-Dinette Floor_IMG_0127.jpg   DS Corner_DSC_2011.JPG  
Old 05-20-2018, 08:12 PM   #113

Excellent Kent!! That helps a lot!!

One a different note, when it came down to my wife and I picking a fabric, it came down to two fabrics that we really liked - we choose one and you choose the other.

Seeing how nice your rig looks, I'm second guessing our choice... Well done indeed!
Thanks for the help and for pointing out the corner moulding! I'd have missed that.
Jim
Old 05-21-2018, 06:09 AM   #114

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Just a little bit of advice on precutting before actual measuring, Escape is a custom made item and sometimes things are not laser square and a little wiggle room is needed.
Old 05-21-2018, 07:34 PM   #115

Good point Jim, my intention is to be well shy of those dimensions.
Thanks
Old 07-17-2018, 02:41 PM   #116

Trailer: 2018 Escape 5.0 TA
Kent - How has the tire clearance been with the slightly larger 215/75-R15s? From your pictures its sure seems like there is still plenty of space between the tires.
MikeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 01:14 AM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS View Post
Kent - How has the tire clearance been with the slightly larger 215/75-R15s? From your pictures its sure seems like there is still plenty of space between the tires.

No issues with tire clearance.
Old 07-18-2018, 02:45 PM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS View Post

MikeS, I realized later that you typed 215/75-R15. I purchased the Maxxis M8008 in 205/75-R15 which is stock tire size, but I bought them in load range D, which is 8 ply versus the factory tires that come with 6 ply tires.
Old 07-18-2018, 02:50 PM   #119

Trailer: 2018 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
MikeS, I realized later that you typed 215/75-R15. I purchased the Maxxis M8008 in 205/75-R15 which is stock tire size, but I bought them in load range D, which is 8 ply versus the factory tires that come with 6 ply tires.
So you lied to me post #1 of this thread? That explains why I don't find that size in the inflation chart for Maxxis. Good to know you went with the 8 ply. I still haven't decided on the Maxxis or GY Endurance. The Endurance looks like a good tire made in USA but they said the Marathon was good too.
MikeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 01:14 PM   #120

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Jim, Two reasons comfort and more space under the rear bench. When I was at the factory and sitting in the U-dinette. I felt the rear bench was too narrow to be of any real use in my opinion. I made the change request as I thought it would be more comfortable for me and yes with the stock rear back cushion, the window knob would press into someone's back.

When the trailer gets home I will be installing the Lagun table mount so the floor of U-dinette will be completely open.

It is all a personal preference. Keep in mind you can make changes to your build sheet up until and someone can correct me 60 days before your trailer goes into production.
Hi Kent, we are in the process of doing our build sheet and being you have now lived with your dinette decision I am wondering if you would share your thoughts. We also plan on the U shaped dinette, the Lagun table mount and looking to widen the back bench 5". How has this worked out for you and any other thoughts, suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks, Ronn