New 21 - Any examples of custom sinks please - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-27-2018, 04:18 PM   #41

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrgramps View Post
——-
EDIT
If we bring stuff to have installed at orientation, does the product in our vehicle, get charged with duty costs, taxes, and other costs when crossing the border?

It didn't when I took a bunch of stuff across the border that they needed for the build (sink, cushion fabric and I forget what else). That was over two years ago, so I don't know if things have changed due to a resident of the WA DC area. I doubt you'll have any problems, though.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 04:35 PM   #42

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA / 2018 GMC Canyon/Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrgramps View Post
If we bring stuff to have installed at orientation, does the product in our vehicle, get charged with duty costs, taxes, and other costs when crossing the border?
It depends on Customs Agent who is asking the questions, but normally if presented as personal items you will get waved through.

I took stuff across once and no issues. On the day I went to pickup my trailer I had tires/wheels, batteries, Umbra hook etc. and I had to go inside and declare.

Best recommendation if you take any items to have ETI install. Bring receipts of the items, this way you save time and are not getting over taxed if they decide to tax. Anything taxed and installed into the trailer and returns across the border can be submitted for refund.

Worst case if you do not have receipts, they may tell you to go get the receipts.

Keep in mind and in grand scheme of things, we are not talking a lot of money here.

Most important, always answer truthfully.

Just be prepared, plan for worst and hope for best.
Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 05:42 PM   #43

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronn View Post
Great, thank you for that post, just what we have been looking for (and not finding)!! It looks like the strainer is included, did you need to order anything else with it?
We did not need anything else for installation. I looked on wayfair.ca site and did not find any info on cyber Monday deal and of course it cost more.
Mtn1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 08:17 PM   #44

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn1203 View Post
We did not need anything else for installation. I looked on wayfair.ca site and did not find any info on cyber Monday deal and of course it cost more.
You are right. I was glad to find it as Colleen wanted that size sink and it still cost quite a bit less than the one she was going to order.
Question, when you bought it did you ship it to Canada and if so was it quite expensive? Thanks, Ronn
Ronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 09:59 PM   #45

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronn View Post
You are right. I was glad to find it as Colleen wanted that size sink and it still cost quite a bit less than the one she was going to order.
Question, when you bought it did you ship it to Canada and if so was it quite expensive? Thanks, Ronn
Ronn,
There was no shipping charge through Wayfair Canadian. As I recall, when I ordered I explained that Iwanted it delivered to Chilliwack and they routed it out of Canada to avoid extra costs. That was my first time dealing with Wayfair and they were great.
Jerri
Mtn1203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 09:41 AM   #46

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
I had no problem with Umbra hooks & a Springfield pedestal when crossing into Canada as Sumas in August, 2017.
Old 11-28-2018, 12:20 PM   #47

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn1203 View Post
Ronn,
There was no shipping charge through Wayfair Canadian. As I recall, when I ordered I explained that Iwanted it delivered to Chilliwack and they routed it out of Canada to avoid extra costs. That was my first time dealing with Wayfair and they were great.
Jerri
Very smart of you, I didn't think of trying that as I recall expensive shipping with Amazon going into Canada.
Old 11-28-2018, 12:30 PM   #48

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Etrailer.com also has a warehouse in Canada. I order by phone so that I can request that they ship from Ontario.
Old 09-11-2020, 12:16 PM   #49

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
If you go with aftermarket faucet make sure it is mounted with enough clearance so window shade does not hit the back of the faucet when shade is pulled down. ETI mounted mine about 1/8 to 1/4 inch to far back and my kitchen window shade rests against it. I pointed it out to Reace at the last Rally.

Normally the installer will mount the faucet so the spout is centered on the drain. Depending on faucet, this could put the back part to close to window shade.

Is that an Ikea sink and faucet? I understand this is an old post, but interested in your sink. I am working on my build sheet that has to be finalized monday. ETI approved the a sink and faucet from Ikea and it looks very similar to what you have. The reviews for the sink are poor, so I would like to get your opinion.

Thanks!
stahake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 11:31 PM   #50

Trailer: 2019 Escape-21C toad by 2017 Titan XD Crew Cab V8 4x4
Our custom sink here:

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...-8031-129.html

if that not work, it is from that thread on the forums, on pg 129

Holly loves her bigger sink!! She also loves:
1. the extra wardrobe cabinet we had the factory put in..and
2. the MW is down under the range top.
3. the main wardrobe is 'up top'
4. the 'neutral' custom fabric
5. that front window

I was easily able to install the TV 'swivel mount' base.. onto the front side of that front wardrobe..I used thru-bolts and larger washers to give a "wider base" for the 2 mounting bolts..it seems solid. WE are having to install the umbra hooks, bks we were not able to get TO the factory bks of the border closing. I decided to NOT use the silly mounting methods unbra suggests, but instead solidly thru-bolted them to framed areas, using bolts w tapered heads and counter-sunk the heads. ..so they hardly show..
Hollybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 08:13 AM   #51

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollybee View Post

if that not work, it is from that thread on the forums, on pg 129

Holly loves her bigger sink!!
The picture of your sink is in post # 2609.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 09-15-2020, 01:36 PM   #52

Trailer: 2019 Escape-21C toad by 2017 Titan XD Crew Cab V8 4x4
21 layout

Just click here and see all the pix sent from ETI after build 99% complete:

Hollybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 08:39 AM   #53

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
Add us to the list of Houser sink converts. We really love ours!

Fred M.

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 11:11 AM   #54

Trailer: Escape 21NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
Add us to the list of Houser sink converts. We really love ours!

Fred M.

I'm hoping i will...our Houzer arrived at Escape in pieces, so I had them cut out the counter in prep for it and I'll install the replacement myself - it took weeks to have it shipped from the Midwest to Chilliwack, and the replacement wouldn't have made it there in time for the build. I had it shipped directly to me instead, and it arrived in 5 days. Oh well, at least it'll be an easy install/drain hookup, and the faucet is centered for the Houzer - if I had just accepted the SS sink and retrofitted later, the faucet would have been off-center.
felix2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 02:28 PM   #55

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Question

Anyone happen to know the cutout dimensions for the standard sink that comes in the 5.0? Happen to know if any current Escape model uses a smaller (cutout dimensions) sink as standard?

Yes, ETI can answer come my configuration time ... just thought I'd ask here

I'd rather shop for sinks after I've had the trailer awhile .... DIY my sink replacement after delivery, along with Hepvo mod to maximize the storage space below, but don't want to have a standard cutout that's larger in some dimension that the replacement I choose. I do understand there's the faucet-centering implications.
Old 10-25-2023, 09:01 PM   #56

Trailer: 2024 Escape 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centex View Post
Anyone happen to know the cutout dimensions for the standard sink that comes in the 5.0? Happen to know if any current Escape model uses a smaller (cutout dimensions) sink as standard?

Yes, ETI can answer come my configuration time ... just thought I'd ask here

I'd rather shop for sinks after I've had the trailer awhile .... DIY my sink replacement after delivery, along with Hepvo mod to maximize the storage space below, but don't want to have a standard cutout that's larger in some dimension that the replacement I choose. I do understand there's the faucet-centering implications.
I realize this post is 3 years old but I don't see that Centex's question was ever answered on the forum. We have a 5.0 on order and have the same question - (standard sink size/cutout dimensions) - I'm planning to install this sink after we take delivery, which requires an opening of just over 15"x15": https://www.elkay.com/products/details/elg1616bk0c
Any info would be appreciated.
jjdeluca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 10:20 PM   #57

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdeluca View Post
I realize this post is 3 years old but I don't see that Centex's question was ever answered on the forum. We have a 5.0 on order and have the same question - (standard sink size/cutout dimensions) - I'm planning to install this sink after we take delivery, which requires an opening of just over 15"x15": https://www.elkay.com/products/details/elg1616bk0c
Any info would be appreciated.
Not sure what your plans are but keep an eye out on the faucet location. It seems to be different based on the sink chosen. Over on the FB group, a few have changed to a larger sink where the flat/horizontal part behind the sink extends back and covers where the hole used to be..
Jwinfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 10:55 PM   #58

Trailer: 2024 Escape 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwinfrey View Post
Not sure what your plans are but keep an eye out on the faucet location. It seems to be different based on the sink chosen. Over on the FB group, a few have changed to a larger sink where the flat/horizontal part behind the sink extends back and covers where the hole used to be..
Thanks for the heads up - I don't do FB, but maybe I'll check with ETI to see if the faucet location can be adjusted to accommodate my future sink dimensions (Not sure if they'll make any changes though, since I've already signed off on my build sheet).
jjdeluca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 11:07 PM   #59

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdeluca View Post
Thanks for the heads up - I don't do FB, but maybe I'll check with ETI to see if the faucet location can be adjusted to accommodate my future sink dimensions (Not sure if they'll make any changes though, since I've already signed off on my build sheet).
Here’s the sink some have installed..

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08T1FYWZY...3lOsJNuBF&th=1
Jwinfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2023, 12:20 AM   #60

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
We have a 19, but used a Blanco Stellar 15” bar sink and are very happy with the choice. Like everything, it has gone up in price.

https://www.amazon.com/Blanco-BL4410.../dp/B0028BP7CK