new build suggestions - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2022, 06:52 PM   #21

Trailer: 2021 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasdoc View Post
Escape 21
1. We installed too many extra lights. We rarely use them.
2. I am really glad I bought the power jack.
3. I should have asked for USB ports for the shelf above the bed to charge our phones.
4. We prefer to cook and wash dishes outside. The trailer sink is too small for larger amounts of washing and a larger sink would eat up a lot of counter space. We have an outside shower port side. I didn't realize second shower on the Starboard side would be very useful. I do pull the hose as far as it will go to get hot water for washing dishes , etc. but a second starboard shower port would be much more convenient to set up an outside kitchen. That is my main recommendation.
The captain lights on my 5.0-2021 all came with USB ports built in…
Ooshkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 07:27 PM   #22
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
I'd rather /not/ have hard wired USB ports as the technology keeps changing, so I'd as soon use cigar outlets then various USB cigar plug adapters (current favorite is a dual USB C Anker brand plug).. I installed a couple USB "A" 2.1 amp ports (10 watts each), but my current phone wants USB "C" PD (Power Distribution) at 18 watts, and my wifes new phone can charge as fast as 30 watts.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 10:13 AM   #23

Trailer: 2021 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
I'd rather /not/ have hard wired USB ports as the technology keeps changing, so I'd as soon use cigar outlets then various USB cigar plug adapters (current favorite is a dual USB C Anker brand plug).. I installed a couple USB "A" 2.1 amp ports (10 watts each), but my current phone wants USB "C" PD (Power Distribution) at 18 watts, and my wifes new phone can charge as fast as 30 watts.
I don’t know how the older campers are set up but the 2021 that I have has ports along with the cigarette lighter. I can then use whatever wire my device needs to charge it up, it all works out. I’ve learned the hard way not to over complicate my setups as technology has several times left me with useless items.

I had my SiriusXM all wired up in my car, portable boom box and in many of rooms of my home, all I’ve used now for years is the phone app.
Ooshkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 07:55 AM   #24

Trailer: 2016 21Classic
Hi,
I would do the outdoor shower on the starboard, Curb side for sure. We never use the one on the port/ street side.

The port side light on our trailer is mounted low and I dislike that location because when I check for traffic in the the side rearview mirror I see the light and think it is a car peeking out to pass. For me, higher would be better.

We have a larger kitchen sink than stock, Thanks to Dorothy, and we love it! We do most of our traveling in the northern tier of the states and we go in the spring and fall. Inside is warmer for dish washing. And we often are in campgrounds totally alone!

Power battery powered jack is Very nice.
We have a 2016 Classic Classic 21
Bowman andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 08:04 AM   #25

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowman andy View Post
Hi,
I would do the outdoor shower on the starboard, Curb side for sure. We never use the one on the port/ street side.

The port side light on our trailer is mounted low and I dislike that location because when I check for traffic in the the side rearview mirror I see the light and think it is a car peeking out to pass. For me, higher would be better.

We have a larger kitchen sink than stock, Thanks to Dorothy, and we love it! We do most of our traveling in the northern tier of the states and we go in the spring and fall. Inside is warmer for dish washing. And we often are in campgrounds totally alone!

Power battery powered jack is Very nice.
We have a 2016 Classic Classic 21
That light is low for purposes of night time "dumping" if needed. I'm trying to understand why it distracts if not on?
Old 03-04-2022, 08:37 AM   #26

Trailer: 2016 21Classic
Hi,
I see the black leading edge of the light when driving during the day.
Maybe I should paint the forward side of the fixture white to blend in with
the body of the trailer...
Andy
Bowman andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 10:40 AM   #27

Trailer: 2022 Escape 21C
I'm on board with your suggestions. Thank you.
pacificc is offline   Reply With Quote