new build suggestions - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-25-2022, 09:19 AM   #1

Trailer: 2022 Escape 21C
new build suggestions

My number is coming up soon on my new build for a 21C.

Wondering what others changed about things like positioning outside lights, plugs you wish you had, etc.

We will use the trailer round (live in Oregon). Should we get the spray insulation?

Suggestions and advice welcome on the nuances to make a great trailer perfect for us.

Thank you in advance for your help and advice.
pacificc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 09:29 AM   #2

Trailer: 2021 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacificc View Post
My number is coming up soon on my new build for a 21C.

Wondering what others changed about things like positioning outside lights, plugs you wish you had, etc.

We will use the trailer round (live in Oregon). Should we get the spray insulation?

Suggestions and advice welcome on the nuances to make a great trailer perfect for us.

Thank you in advance for your help and advice.
I added two extra PS lights, I didn’t want to deal with awning lights, remote required.

I regret I didn’t ask for, assuming they would do it, extra switches on the inside entryway for the other three outside light positions.
Ooshkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 09:37 AM   #3

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
My suggestions are to have the factory install vs waiting and doing it later. I went for the extra foam insulation but not the heat pads as they require hookups to operate. External showers on both sides, mounted below the belly band makes a nice cg sink location. Lights also mounted down low to keep the area lighted closer to the camper. Thermal windows make for cooler and warmer trailer and plan ahead with the 12v and 120v locations for later access. It is nice to install an electric heater vs plugging in and tripping over the cord. Plan to do a lot of outdoor activities and if you find out later you are not happy, you can always sell and recoup your investment and order a different model, Escapes hold their value real well.
Old 02-25-2022, 10:20 AM   #4

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooshkaboo View Post

I regret I didn’t ask for, assuming they would do it, extra switches on the inside entryway for the other three outside light positions.
While I do like this for the porch light, I much prefer the others to be switched on the light and easy to use when needed there. Save running inside twice to turn the light off and on.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 11:06 AM   #5

Trailer: 2021 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
While I do like this for the porch light, I much prefer the others to be switched on the light and easy to use when needed there. Save running inside twice to turn the light off and on.
Good point, I have a 2021 and the standard outside lights, even when hooked up on the inside switch the lamps still have a on-off at the light.
I have an ability to bang myself up even in the daylight, so I found out I could’ve used these right away. Banged head, then a leg on the bumper, I did add a outside switch and a few lights to help with the front and ds darkness. The rear light, unfortunately for my legs is probably going to have to stay as is.
Ooshkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 02:46 PM   #6

Trailer: 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
My suggestions are to have the factory install vs waiting and doing it later. I went for the extra foam insulation but not the heat pads as they require hookups to operate. External showers on both sides, mounted below the belly band makes a nice cg sink location. Lights also mounted down low to keep the area lighted closer to the camper. Thermal windows make for cooler and warmer trailer and plan ahead with the 12v and 120v locations for later access. It is nice to install an electric heater vs plugging in and tripping over the cord. Plan to do a lot of outdoor activities and if you find out later you are not happy, you can always sell and recoup your investment and order a different model, Escapes hold their value real well.
I didn't realize that thermal windows are an option. Don't see it on the ETI online build sheet.
Fender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 03:56 PM   #7

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender View Post
I didn't realize that thermal windows are an option. Don't see it on the ETI online build sheet.
For several years all of the windows that can be thermal pane are thermal pane, whether framed or frameless.

Thus, no option regarding thermal pane on the build sheet.
Old 02-25-2022, 05:11 PM   #8
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centex View Post
For several years all of the windows that can be thermal pane are thermal pane, whether framed or frameless.

It's one of the reasons the prices have gone up (IMHO) considerably because a number of options are now standard. For instance, I paid $75 for a receiver hitch on the rear for a bike rack and $1000 for thermal windows, among others...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 05:41 PM   #9

Trailer: 22' 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centex View Post

Anyone know if the kitchen and bath windows are now thermal? I know they didn't used to be. I've seen that without a thermal window or insulating cover, the bathroom can get very hot in the summer, cool in the winter.
Sean2a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 09:41 PM   #10

Trailer: 2021 21NE
My kitchen and bath windows are frameless and thermal.
kathytony1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 06:43 AM   #11

I must be out of touch, thought they were an option not standard, but a look at my build sheet reveals just 3 options under windows: Frameless, bath, and kitchen options. No thermal option.
Old 02-26-2022, 07:00 AM   #12

It is my understanding the dual pane, tinted frameless are "thermal". Maybe that is not the right word to use?
Just looked at my build sheet and it states "All window options are thermal unless otherwise stated).
Old 02-26-2022, 07:09 AM   #13
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
So the older style framed sliding thermal windows are no longer available?
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 07:30 AM   #14

If you look at the ETI website the framed sliding thermal windows are standard.
Old 02-26-2022, 09:36 AM   #15

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathytony1985 View Post
If you look at the ETI website the framed sliding thermal windows are standard.
^This^, at least as of the summer of 2021 when my build sheet was finalized.

My 5.0 has the standard framed slider windows on both sides - all of them, including the framed non-sliding (tilt-open) 'emergency escape' window on the driver's side of the dinette are thermal / double pane. The fixed-glass window in the entry door is also thermal / double pane.

I opted for the optional window in the bath, a framed slider - that small window is also thermal / double pane.

I opted for the frameless tilt-out window for my rear window (at that time an 'easter-egg list option' in combination with standard framed sliders everywhere else); that window, too, is a thermal / double pane window.

IOW, at that time in 2021 without having any build-sheet choices regarding 'thermal / non-thermal' windows, all of my windows are in fact 'thermal / double pane'.

The exception I find on ETI's website is the front window with rock guard available on trailers other than the 5.0 - that one seems to be a non-thermal window in all cases?

Things may change, YMMV, it's easy to just ask your sales consultant about this when configuring your trailer.
Old 02-26-2022, 09:58 AM   #16

Center
^This^ is true today as well. I looked at the website this a.m. out of curiosity. So, nothing has changed since your build sheet or ours, as far as windows are concerned.
Old 02-27-2022, 02:44 AM   #17
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
ok, cool. i dig the ones I have, which were an option on a 2014. as much as cooler (or warmer), they are *quieter*. When I've been up til dawn's first light doing astronomy, I find I can sleep in much later in the Escape than I ever could in the Casita. its darker inside even with all the casitas' windows covered in Reflectix, sun and heat glows through the fiberglass shell and shag carpet.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 03:39 PM   #18

Trailer: 2019 21 foot Escape
New build options

Escape 21
1. We installed too many extra lights. We rarely use them.
2. I am really glad I bought the power jack.
3. I should have asked for USB ports for the shelf above the bed to charge our phones.
4. We prefer to cook and wash dishes outside. The trailer sink is too small for larger amounts of washing and a larger sink would eat up a lot of counter space. We have an outside shower port side. I didn't realize second shower on the Starboard side would be very useful. I do pull the hose as far as it will go to get hot water for washing dishes , etc. but a second starboard shower port would be much more convenient to set up an outside kitchen. That is my main recommendation.
Gasdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 04:17 PM   #19

You can replace/swap some lights with USB ports if need be....since you indicated too many of one and not enough of the other....
Old 03-02-2022, 04:49 PM   #20

Trailer: 2019 21 foot Escape
Thanks. Great idea!
Gasdoc is offline   Reply With Quote