New Contemporary Chantilly White Interior - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-30-2020, 10:43 AM   #21

Trailer: Past time to update- canceled my 5.0 ��
Lovely color, but vinyl wrap....?!

I like it a lot, color wise. It’s bright and cheery. However, the “vinyl overlay” is most likely going to begin peeling. If it gets dinged or scratched, it’s going to be a nightmare. Just my opinion, but I’d stick with plain old wood. If it gets dated or damaged, it can easily be refinished or replaced.
Deva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 10:51 AM   #22

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deva View Post
I like it a lot, color wise. It’s bright and cheery. However, the “vinyl overlay” is most likely going to begin peeling. If it gets dinged or scratched, it’s going to be a nightmare. Just my opinion, but I’d stick with plain old wood. If it gets dated or damaged, it can easily be refinished or replaced.
Uh, you do know that the "plain old wood" in the Escapes is luan plywood with a vinyl wood grain overlay applied to the front? It can not be refinished - only repaired with Escape vinyl repair tape. Replacing would be a job as most of the paneling is glued in.

I had a lady touring my trailer at a rally that asked if the paneling could be stained a darker color as she didn't like the honey oak. Her answer - nope! She thought the paneling was real wood too.

I wouldn't worry about either of them peeling - the vinyl is attached to the luan with such tenacity, it's not going to peel.

That said, the wood grain vinyl is easy to clean and wears well enough.
Old 12-30-2020, 11:01 AM   #23

Nope, I did not know that. I have been looking at Northern Lite truck campers lately and must have confused their solid wood cabinets with Escape, thinking theirs were solid wood also. My bad. ����*♀️ Still trying to decide between a truck camper and a TT, so as you can see, I’m still waffling about a lot of things.
Old 12-30-2020, 01:23 PM   #24

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
That said...I think both companies consider their cabinets solid wood. Check to see if Northern Lite has a vinyl over their “solid wood” as well.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 01:34 PM   #25

Northern Lite is a very nice camper made right here in my home town.

However we like to park our trailer in a camp spot and not have to worry that if we go for a drive that the spot will be gone when we come back. Of course this all depends where you camp and the rules...if there are any.

I also expect that over the next 40 to 50 years of the trailer life it will see many different tow vehicles of which not all have to be a long box heavy duty pickup.

Good luck on your choice.

Old 12-31-2020, 01:23 PM   #26

Yes, they are solid wood. A couple of choices of finish depending on the package you choose.
Old 12-31-2020, 01:31 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggscape View Post
Northern Lite is a very nice camper made right here in my home town.

However we like to park our trailer in a camp spot and not have to worry that if we go for a drive that the spot will be gone when we come back. Of course this all depends where you camp and the rules...if there are any.

I also expect that over the next 40 to 50 years of the trailer life it will see many different tow vehicles of which not all have to be a long box heavy duty pickup.

Good luck on your choice.
I’m still working (travel nurse) and there are many occasions when there isn’t a decent RV campground/park close to the hospital I may be contracted with. Plus, I’m really cheap and like the fact that a truck camper requires no registration and takes up a single parking spot. As long as there are no parking restrictions along a stretch of road, I would also be able to urban camp. I’m in a self-built camper van now and spend most of my non-work time on BLM land. I like going to more out of the way places, and that’s not as easy with a trailer. I would need to invest in a solid dually truck, but have figured that into the equation. Camping this year has been horrible- so much trash, noise, and crowds. IMO, this is the trend as many people are being forced into homlessness due to loss of income and housing. I had a camp host tell me in November that local churches are buying Walmart tents and sleeping bags, and a week at a local campground to help the homeless population. So, the people “camping” these days might not necessarily be “campers.” I camped alongside some who are clearly mentally ill as well. Sad situation.
Old 12-31-2020, 01:45 PM   #28

If I were single, urban camping in a van would be more my style. See Canada one town at a time. Everybody has their specific needs.
Good luck

Old 01-01-2021, 11:13 AM   #29

Trailer: 2020 searching
My understanding is that all of the finishes, oak, maple and now this new one have the same kind of laminate covering, just different colors. Only the door fronts and drawer fronts are made from the oak or the maple, not sure what the wood is for the white....
lbrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 11:16 AM   #30

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
I think the Escape video said the drawer fronts were maple with Ben Moore Paint.
Old 01-01-2021, 11:23 AM   #31

Trailer: 2020 searching
Quote:
Originally Posted by brroberts View Post
I think the Escape video said the drawer fronts were maple with Ben Moore Paint.
thank you!!
lbrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 11:57 AM   #32

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Originally Posted by brroberts View Post
If there was mention of the underlying wood material I couldn't catch it on multiple viewings; the paint color reference was to "Benjamin Moore Chantilly Lace".
Old 01-23-2021, 08:23 AM   #33

Trailer: 2024 Bigfoot 21 Rear Bed
The new white interior has all the warmth of an Oliver trailer
Old 01-23-2021, 09:25 AM   #34

Hey Upfisk, I agree. Not my style. Glad I have the oak on my 19.
maiki724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 06:29 PM   #35

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19 / 2011 Nissan Frontier
Video of the completed contemporary 5.0

bookerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 06:44 PM   #36

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
RCA microwave
Old 02-01-2021, 07:21 PM   #37

Yes RCA and it sticks out from the cabinet. That is one of the reasons we went with another brand and to have it flush with the cabinets. Also I think a stainless steal microwave might look better with the white as well as white plugs and plates.

Other than that the trailer looks nice and bright. I am glad the new management has moved on to introduce new and different standard finishes.

Now just waiting for the barn wood look that their sister company Northern Lite has.

Old 02-01-2021, 07:26 PM   #38

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
While this is not a finish I would care to have, many will like it. I have seen a bunch of my customers want lots of white, and that is just fine. I just like more warmth in finishes myself. Glad to see Escape offering this though for those that would want it.

I had bugged Reace many years ago to offer maple as well as the oak, but this was at a time of major renos and they just did not have storage space set up for two different products and they were real busy as it was. He said not now.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 10:06 PM   #39

Trailer: 2022 21C Escape
I am looking forward to getting my sample of the white. I of course am not yet close enough on the list to choose my options for sure but I do think this is the one I will go with. This is the way the industry is going just like homes with lighter kitchens. I am glad we have choices.
ebike1 is offline   Reply With Quote