New Escape 23 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 05-09-2020, 12:03 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape 2017 19
New Escape 23

Friends of ours have just purchased SOB trailer. It like the floor plan and think it could work for the new Escape 23.

Comments?

FYI

KZ Sportsmen® Classic 170MB
Attached Thumbnails
Floorplan.jpg   Murphy Bed.jpg  
dkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 12:46 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Sister-in-law bought a small sticky that had a "sofa" at one end ( as shown ). Not sure what you do with it. Do you sit and watch to see if anybody leaves the bathroom? I guess you can sort of twist your neck and look out that window. Not very useful for playing cards or eating dinner.

Not sure what it's good for besides sitting.
Old 05-09-2020, 03:58 PM   #3
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Sister-in-law bought a small sticky that had a "sofa" at one end ( as shown ). Not sure what you do with it. Do you sit and watch to see if anybody leaves the bathroom? I guess you can sort of twist your neck and look out that window. Not very useful for playing cards or eating dinner.

Not sure what it's good for besides sitting.
I can think of a bunch of things its good for. Sitting and reading, Sitting and having a chat. Sitting and watching TV (my wife's thing more than mine, I'd be reading a book most likely).

anyways, on that floor plan, that sofa is also a 'murphy bed'. the bed pulls down over the sofa. for eating or playing cards, there's the dinette.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 10:20 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
23' trailer and a dinette for two. We don't often have another couple sitting in our dinette but it's nice to have that option. On the other hand I consider the new 21NE to be overdinetted. Oh well, to each their own.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 11:15 PM   #5

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkirk View Post
Comments?
That's a kinda nifty plan, IMO
  • The full-width rear bath with wardrobe inside makes a nice 'private dressing room' with the 'pottie for a seat' ..... if'n it's ventilated well-enough to avoid 'damp clothes syndrome' in the wardrobe (?).
  • I like that the RB avoids the 'aisle pinch' inevitable with a side bath - sure makes for an open-feeling plan.
  • I'm with John in Santa Cruz on the utility of the sofa / dinette plan for a couple who like a spacious feeling main area
  • That's a 21' OAL, not sure what you'd do with +2' of a 23 OAL ... perhaps storage for a couple of cushioned folding chairs and table so guests could dine / play cards opposite sofa-sitters in that spacious 'living room'? More countertop / kitchen pantry? Both?
  • Downside - it does lack any ability to separate the bed from the rest for couples having different sleep schedules
  • Upside - sure is an 'open and airy' plan!
IMO it makes better use of the murphy-bed concept than that presented in the E23 'preview', for those inclined to mess with a hide-a-bed in return for useful 'daytime' floor-space.

Admitting I'm not a fan of Big-U dinettes ... maybe they work fine for a group concentrating on eating, but for for after-dinner socializing I dislike being the 'trapped inside persons' who have to disturb others to get-up and walk.
Old 05-10-2020, 12:29 AM   #6
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
I'm pretty happy with my classic E21 rear U shaped dinette.

I have the dicor 2-way slider on a springfield pedestal...
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 11:03 AM   #7

Trailer: 2020 21NE - dual dinettes
My family had a Shasta 19 that was very similar to the Escape 19, except that the rear had a gaucho sofa that made into a bed. It wasn't a queen width, but the difference was made up by having a wider wardrobe and more kitchen counter space. Because it was 8' wide, the aisle space was very generous. With that +7' gaucho at the rear, everybody in our 5 person family had plenty of space to sit comfortably. People could converse easily while sitting at both ends. I really liked that trailer.
sherminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 12:41 PM   #8

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21, 1977 Scamp 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkirk View Post
Friends of ours have just purchased SOB trailer. It like the floor plan and think it could work for the new Escape 23.
We had a trailer very similar to this (a couple of trailers ago) and we initially thought the Murphy bed was a great idea. In actual use, we found that it wasn't very practical. Difficult to always having to lift it up and putting to down. When down, you lose a lot of that space that you think you had. Just our wooden nickels worth...
tburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 04:36 PM   #9

Trailer: Escape 21 2019
For me if it doesn’t have windows on 4 sides, I’m not interested ! Everyone different!
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 10:12 PM   #10

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
For me if it doesn’t have windows on 4 sides, I’m not interested ! Everyone different!

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 08:19 AM   #11

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
Though not possible on the front of the 5.0TA, I pretty much agree. Having lots window space is fantastic.

We are outside as much as possible too, but there sometimes is ugly weather that keeps us inside. Nice then to have a view and the nice natural light. The 19 wins over the other models in this category.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote