New Escapes/Delivery Locations - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-08-2021, 07:57 PM   #21

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by kavm View Post
Seems to me you might want to find out whether taking delivery in Canada and driving it Niagara Falls, NY might be an option. There is, of course, the question of importing it into the US but perhaps that bridge can be crossed. Delivery within Canada might be cheaper.
I believe the problem with this idea is a sizable tax implication. Karl Kenny mentioned it in one of Escape’s latest videos (might have been the one on delivery & pickup posted above). If I remember correctly, he chuckled and said US customers would want no part of that.
YakRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 08:15 PM   #22

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Delivery within Canada might be cheaper.
Nothing else in Canada is cheaper, not even ice.
Old 11-08-2021, 10:15 PM   #23

Trailer: 2021 Escape E5.0; 2021 F150 PowerBoost
Sorry for that naïve idea! It made too much sense. Sorry about that!
kavm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 11:19 PM   #24

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Nothing else in Canada is cheaper, not even ice.
Maybe health care
Old 11-09-2021, 08:02 AM   #25

Trailer: 2022 E19
Quote:
Seems to me you might want to find out whether taking delivery in Canada and driving it Niagara Falls, NY might be an option. There is, of course, the question of importing it into the US but perhaps that bridge can be crossed. Delivery within Canada might be cheaper.
I guarantee you that delivery in Canada will not be cheaper. After having received estimates I am considering the opposite. Have the trailer delivered to a US address and bring it back to Canada myself.
Fender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 10:16 AM   #26

Trailer: 2022 Keystone Cougar 29RLKWE & RAM 2500
I took delivery January 2021 in Las Vegas. I live 85 miles away. At the time I was told Escape could only deliver to Las Vegas (closest town to me) because of the "special equipment" needed at the towing company with which Escape had a relationship. A flatbed trailer showed up at the towing company in Las Vegas with two Escapes on it. Mine and one other. The towing company knew nothing about the delivery or Escape. The towing company backed their "special equipment" (a flatbed tow truck that any towing company has) up to the flatbed with the 2 Escapes on it, and moved my trailer from one flatbed to another. Once my trailer was on the towing company's flatbed the towing company lowered the end of their flatbed to the ground and rolled off my trailer. I asked the driver delivering the other Escape where he was headed next. Right past the city in which I live, which has multiple towing companies that could have done the same thing the towing company in Las Vegas did. Maybe the process has changed, however at the time I wasn't happy.
dlakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 10:42 AM   #27

Trailer: 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlakeman View Post
I took delivery January 2021 in Las Vegas. I live 85 miles away. At the time I was told Escape could only deliver to Las Vegas (closest town to me) because of the "special equipment" needed at the towing company with which Escape had a relationship. A flatbed trailer showed up at the towing company in Las Vegas with two Escapes on it. Mine and one other. The towing company knew nothing about the delivery or Escape. The towing company backed their "special equipment" (a flatbed tow truck that any towing company has) up to the flatbed with the 2 Escapes on it, and moved my trailer from one flatbed to another. Once my trailer was on the towing company's flatbed the towing company lowered the end of their flatbed to the ground and rolled off my trailer. I asked the driver delivering the other Escape where he was headed next. Right past the city in which I live, which has multiple towing companies that could have done the same thing the towing company in Las Vegas did. Maybe the process has changed, however at the time I wasn't happy.
I completely understand ETI's position on this. Imagine the time spent trying to track down capable companies in every community to do the delivery, plus verifying their insurance, etc.
I received a quote from ETI for delivery and closest location is about 100 miles from here. They would literally drive by my door to get there and I'm ok with that.
My concern is getting my trailer delivered in one piece and I'll rely on ETI to make that happen.
Fender is offline   Reply With Quote