New Escapes/Delivery Locations - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-06-2021, 01:39 PM   #1

Trailer: 2020 5.0TA
New Escapes/Delivery Locations

Does anyone know how Escape makes the deliveries of new units? Is it only to the cities listed on their map or are those cities just listed to show examples of what it would cost to general areas? I ask because I am in Niagara Falls NY. Will they deliver to my hometown or do I have to pick up in the closest city they show on their map? I reached out to Escape but the lady I spoke with was not sure and referred me to their shipping department, I have yet to hear back though…MA is closest to NY according to the map but they would have to blow right past me to get there….. it would not make sense for us both to have to travel further…..
Attached Thumbnails
4D67F7C6-8051-47A3-B490-6F09F930274F.jpg  
Suregrip391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 02:07 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape
It's extra cost to ship to custom locations not seen on the map. The truck's are huge and may have more than one trailer or carry other cargo. They don't maneuver well thru towns so only go to major shipping center terminals.
Plus, they use a second flat bed tow truck to get the trailer off the truck. You pay extra because the tow truck would deliver to your custom location and not the big truck. Might save a couple of hundred picking up in Baltimore, perhaps enough to pay for the trip. Although Springfield is the easier drive & likely a smaller, easier, shipping center. I used to live in Spfld.
Hope this helps.
Jack! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 02:08 PM   #3

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
My understanding, subject to change at anytime by ETI, is they will do custom ship options, but it cost more.
Old 11-06-2021, 02:09 PM   #4

Thanks Jack & brroberts
Old 11-06-2021, 02:12 PM   #5

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Amanda Rahn (delivery@escapetrailer.com) is your definitive direct contact for this question.
Old 11-06-2021, 02:15 PM   #6

Yes, I was waiting a couple days now for her to get back to me.
Old 11-06-2021, 03:31 PM   #7

Trailer: 2022 E19
Clearly shipping in the US is way cheaper than Canada. If you convert the $2999 cost to ship to Springfield MA into Canadian $ the cost for an equivalent distance in Canada is more than double.
It has me wondering how much of a border hassle it would be to pick up my E19 in Springfield (7 hour drive) and bring it back to Canada.
Fender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 05:06 PM   #8

Trailer: 2021 21NE
Alternate Delivery Locations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centex View Post
Amanda Rahn (delivery@escapetrailer.com) is your definitive direct contact for this question.
Yes, we had our trailer delivered in September to a location within 30 miles of our home. The closest location on their standard map was 600 miles away. Amanda will get you a quote based on a company that can unload the trailer. Our delivery was just under $3,000, but well worth it to us and included in our budget.
kathytony1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 06:27 PM   #9

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0ta
Our trailer was delivered to Scranton, PA. The delivery was combined with another trailer going to Springfield, MA. and since the driver was headed out Interstate 84 he was passing through the area anyway.
You may want to check with Escape to see if they are willing to deliver some place closer to you but still along their travel route.
nepaweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 06:31 PM   #10

We got our info above from Amanda while booking our delivery in Feb. Decided on Stanford, FL.
Old 11-06-2021, 08:13 PM   #11

Trailer: 2005 Scamp 16 SD (sold), 2020 Escape 19
We got lucky and had ours delivered to Missoula MT, which is not on the list. Lucky because it seems they already had one trailer going there on a flatbed and ours just went along for the ride.
Rather than picking it up in MA, have you considered picking up in Madison WI and using the savings to fund a fun trip through the MI Upper Peninsula, across the Mackinac bridge, or even cut across Canada back to Niagara Falls?
We were just in MI and Niagara Falls last month with our Escape.
Old 11-07-2021, 06:24 AM   #12

Trailer: 5.0 TA Delivered 4/7/22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack! View Post
We got our info above from Amanda while booking our delivery in Feb. Decided on Stanford, FL.
were they able to give you a price for Sanford delivery? I haven't seen 2022 delivery prices posted anywhere . I intend to have my 5.0 delivered there also.. Late march delivery
Old 11-07-2021, 09:08 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofmerc View Post
were they able to give you a price for Sanford delivery? I haven't seen 2022 delivery prices posted anywhere . I intend to have my 5.0 delivered there also.. Late march delivery
We signed off our build sheet in June, so locked in 2021 trailer pricing for a Dec completion date. Also, arranged delivery at that time with Amanda.
Then with staffing issue got moved out to Feb 22nd. Seems we will now have a 2022 VIN which is the positive but will likely get a hit on a 2022 delivery price. Waiting to hear more on that, as well.
Did you get moved back, too?
Old 11-07-2021, 02:20 PM   #14

Trailer: 5.0 TA Delivered 4/7/22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack! View Post
We signed off our build sheet in June, so locked in 2021 trailer pricing for a Dec completion date. Also, arranged delivery at that time with Amanda.
Then with staffing issue got moved out to Feb 22nd. Seems we will now have a 2022 VIN which is the positive but will likely get a hit on a 2022 delivery price. Waiting to hear more on that, as well.
Did you get moved back, too?
Yes I got moved up a few times and also back... I did recently get offered a delivery date of Dec 9 2021 but declined it due to some personal issues. Late march completion and early April delivery should work for me. I signed off on build sheet a few days ago but Linda didn't know the updated delivery rates
Old 11-08-2021, 08:22 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofmerc View Post
Yes I got moved up a few times and also back... I did recently get offered a delivery date of Dec 9 2021 but declined it due to some personal issues. Late march completion and early April delivery should work for me. I signed off on build sheet a few days ago but Linda didn't know the updated delivery rates
We had Dec & were moved out to Feb. We would have taken our Dec date back. Suspecting it instead went to those moving into 2021 at 2022 pricing. We are locked in at 2021 pricing and moved out to 2022...laff. Oh well, will take the savings & 2022 VIN vs 8 weeks, in any case. Expecting shipping rates may bump up 5-10%, same as the 2022 trailer pricing.
Getting closer now to the end/beginning!
Old 11-08-2021, 08:37 AM   #16

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I have in the past and hope to replicate a pick up in May, 2022 at the factory and then mosey over to Osoyoos, BC for the Escape annual rally.......
Old 11-08-2021, 01:14 PM   #17

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
This video may help answer some questions regarding pickup / delivery options
Old 11-08-2021, 02:13 PM   #18

I heard back from Escape. The delivery prices listed are for delivery to those specific hub locations on the map. Anywhere else it is considered a special delivery and the price would “expect” to be doubled due to not having a working relationship with the tow yard / hub a customer wants instead of one on the map.

So I am in Niagara Falls NY and have to travel 6 hours east of me ( and most likely the truck driver does to from Canada) to pay the listed $2999. He probably goes past NY where I could possibly shave 12 hours off his trip. But…who knows what the route is…and what’s being delivered on any given day. Those are the rules…..
Old 11-08-2021, 02:43 PM   #19

Trailer: 2021 Escape 19
It makes sense when you watch them unload the trailer. They need a flatbed Ro-Ro truck (like a towing company has) and the people operating it need to know what they are doing so they don't drop your trailer 5 feet.

I also assume either ETI or the freight company has pre-existing liability and insurance arrangements in place for each hub, something that has to be set up ahead of time.

I live near Detroit and took delivery in Indianapolis. It's not ideal for me (it was a bit over 9 hours of driving round trip) but beat driving to Sumas.
JeffreyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 05:32 PM   #20

Trailer: 2021 Escape E5.0; 2021 F150 PowerBoost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suregrip391 View Post
I heard back from Escape. The delivery prices listed are for delivery to those specific hub locations on the map. Anywhere else it is considered a special delivery and the price would “expect” to be doubled due to not having a working relationship with the tow yard / hub a customer wants instead of one on the map.

So I am in Niagara Falls NY and have to travel 6 hours east of me ( and most likely the truck driver does to from Canada) to pay the listed $2999. He probably goes past NY where I could possibly shave 12 hours off his trip. But…who knows what the route is…and what’s being delivered on any given day. Those are the rules…..
Seems to me you might want to find out whether taking delivery in Canada and driving it Niagara Falls, NY might be an option. There is, of course, the question of importing it into the US but perhaps that bridge can be crossed. Delivery within Canada might be cheaper.
kavm is offline   Reply With Quote